GUILTY IA - Evelyn Miller, 5, Charles City, 1 July 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I for one hope that Noel never gets those little boys back. There is something wrong with her...mentally. It seems that she has been explosive most of her life. I wonder if she ever gets totally out of control. I can't even imagine going on TV and ranting and raving like a manic. It is just a shame that Evelyn wasn't taken out of that home before this happened. That little girl didn't stand a chance but the boys do and hopfully the foster parents will be allowed to adopt them and give them lots of love and a stable safe home.

It sounds like Noel has given up on Casey since he is in jail and has gotten herself a new fellow that isn't much better....drugs. She trys so hard to make people believe that she hasn't done drugs in years but if you aren't doing drugs then giving a UA should never be a problem. Instead she refused and even refused to let DHS take a strand of Evelyn's hair to test when she was little. Seems that she was running the show then to me and DHS just kind of went along with whatever Noel said.

I wish we knew who LE thinks committed the murder. I don't know how Casey would have gotten Evelyn's body to the river either but I think that he did. He could have stashed her body somewhere where it wouldn't be found for a couple days and the next time he used the car he could have taken her to the river. Her body wasn't found right away. I might not think he had something to do with it except he was home with Evelyn and that *advertiser censored* stuff between adults and kids weighs heavily on my mind. He is a pervert. No decent person gets off on looking at that kind of stuff. He had tons of it. I will never believe that he wasn't sexually abusing that little girl. I don't know if any evidence was found by the time they found her body. Who knows, maybe both Noel and Casey watched the stuff together....maybe they are both twisted. She is so paranoid that it makes me wonder if there isn't something that she feels guilty about. You know what they say about a person that protests to much. Regardless, I believe she is one sick woman.

Hopfully for the rest of the family's sake someone will be arrested for that beautiful little girl's murder. Someone has to pay for this horrible crime and give Evelyn justice.

Just knowing that this case hasn't been shoved onto a back burner makes me feel better. I'm glad that the detectives who have this case have gotten emotionally involved. That is what will keep them going. I'm glad that the media is reminding them of Evelyn because that too will keep them working the case.

I just have to believe that there will be an arrest when the time is right. I hope the person who took the life of this beautiful sweet little girl realizes that their days are numbered so they better enjoy the fresh air while they can. Unless they are already breathing that wonderful jail house smell of sweat and dirty socks ;)

Iowa news out of Des Moines- Danny Slick, one of the two men last seen with Evelyn Miller- he was one of the two guys that stopped by the appartment at 2:30 AM to party with Casey Frederickson, mom';s live-in fiance- has been arrested today for lying to Federal authorities- ie the FBI. He is not being held for Evelyn's murder at this time. Evidentally he initially told the feds that he and his roommate Randy Petrie returned home immediately after leaving the Miller/Fredericksen residence. Later, he admitted that RP left and was gone for several hours during the time Evelyn vanished . Authorities say more arrests may be forthcoming. RP is the same man who gave the interview to the Des Moines Register shortly after Evelyn's murder and who was complaining that people were looking at him funny. He of course proclaimed his complete innocence and lack of any knowledge of her disappearance. He took a lie-detector test after the murder which he failed- both according to him and the SDI.
Here we go again. the last people known to see Evelyn- she answered the door at 2:30 AM since she was sleeping on the couch- are the most likely suspects. Now I know why I still suspect JK2!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance: :dance: :dance: :woohoo:

This means that they have known he lied for about a year. So why are they arresting him now? And who else is lying?

WCFCourier.com | The Waterloo Cedar-Falls Courier Online!

Danny Slick, one of the two men who admitted to being the last people to see Evelyn Miller alive, faces a federal indictment for making false statements to a federal agency...

"Although Danny Slick's federal indictment is directly related to Evelyn Miller murder investigation, it is a distinctively separate case," said Dettmer in a press release issued this morning.

Dettmer said state, local and federal authorities have partnered in the Miller case and often been frustrated by untruths and efforts to conceal relevant information.

"We feel the investigation has turned an important corner today by Slick's arrest," Dettmer said.

Other subjects, also associated with the investigation, who have not been truthful, may also be looking at federal charges...

DesMoinesRegister.com

Relatives of 5-year-old Evelyn Miller, whose July 2005 murder remains unsolved, hope federal charges filed Thursday could be a break in the case...

Slick, who was unshaven and wearing baggy jeans and a blue T-shirt that said, "I don't suffer from insomnia. I enjoy every minute of it," pleaded not guilty to the charges...

Magistrate Paul Zoss, appearing through closed-circuit television from Sioux City, set Slick's trial date for Sept. 5 before District Judge Mark Bennett. Slick was released from custody, provided he appear at all court hearings, maintain a job, continue with mental health counseling and stay away from drugs...

Slick told state investigators immediately after Evelyn's disappearance that he and "R.P." left Frederiksen's apartment, went back to their residence and stayed there except for a 15-minute period...

Slick now has admitted that "R.P." was missing for several hours on the night Evelyn disappeared, the indictment states. Court papers say he subsequently told Slick that he had "gone to get 'dope' at 'Porky's' house after he dropped defendant Slick off at their residence..."

KWWL Television Waterloo Cedar Rapids Dubuque Iowa City Decorah News Channel Weather Plus Sports Health Corridor Cedar Valley...

Prosecutors say a web of lies is hurting their efforts to charge someone with the murder of five-year-old Evelyn Miller. Now they've accused Danny Slick of Charles City of being one of those liars...

"I'm just excited they're one step closer in getting them because I really miss Evelyn and they had no right doing this to us," Miller says...

Authorities say they are investigating other people associated with Evelyn Miller's murder, for not telling the truth...

"I'm just ecstatic, I'm happy I can't wait until we find more information," Noel Miller says...

If convicted, (Slick) could get ten years in prison and a half-million dollar fine.

Charles City Press

During the July 3, 2005, interview, Slick allegedly told DCI agents that he and Patrie returned home at about 2:30 a.m. and that Patrie left for only about 10 to 15 minutes before remaining home for the rest of the night...

... FBI agents interviewed Slick a second time on July 1, 2005, at his apartment while state investigators questioned Patrie. During the interview, Slick allegedly admitted he did not see Patrie for several hours after they returned home...

:waitasec:

KCCI.com - News - Frederiksen Says Two Men Played Role In Girl's Death

... Slick and Randy Patrie told the Mason City Globe Gazette in the past that just before Evelyn vanished during the dark of night, the two men stopped by her apartment to see Casey Frederiksen, Evelyn's mother's ex-fiance. All three men (Slick, Patrie, and Frederiksen) said that Frederiksen was sleeping at the time...

In an exclusive interview with NewsChannel 8 before Slick's arrest, Frederiksen was adamant he did not kill Evelyn and said he treated her like his own daughter. Frederiksen is in jail awaiting sentencing on child *advertiser censored* charges.

Frederiksen said that he suspects that Slick and Patrie, the ones that last saw Evelyn, showed up, took her and did something.

"I don't even know exactly what happened," he said...

(There's a video available at the site that shows Frederiksen crying during a jaihouse interview.)

KCCI.com - News - Miller Says She Believes Two Men Were Tied To Girl's Death

... Floyd County Attorney Marilyn Dettmer said that there may be similar arrests may be coming in the next few weeks or a month from now and that will eventually lead them to the person who killed Evelyn...

She said it has been extremely frustrating year and an extremely slow process in trying to get people to be truthful and assist with the investigation.

"To finally be able to say something that informs the public as to why we have been working on this for a year feels good," Dettmer said.

(Video at the site of Evelyn's mother, Noel Miller.)

Well thank God something is about to happen in this case. People are so stupid to lie to LE. They should know that the truth will come out in time. I'm anxious to see who else they arrest for lying and who ends up the suspect.

It doesn't look good for the guy that was gone for a few hours that morning.
The man they just arrested should have been smart enough to ask his roommate why he wanted him to lie for him. If the guy was gone for a few hours the guy who was just arrested should have had a good idea why...with Evelyn missing and then found in the river. The guy couldn't have been that dumb!

What a nice invironment for those kids to live in with Casey selling drugs out of the apt. Selling dope is probably what got Evelyn murdered...all of those low lifes coming to buy dope at all hours of the day and night.

mysteriew said:
This means that they have known he lied for about a year. So why are they arresting him now? And who else is lying?

Randy Petrie also lied at the same time his roommate lied...why have they not arrested him for lying? Anyone who lied should be arrested. I don't know how Randy P would ever prove his alibi as he said he went to score some dope. Even if that were true his dealer sure isn't going to alibi him :eek:

How are they ever going to prove who murdered Evelyn? There probably wasn't any DNA to be found by the time they found Evelyn's body in the water. I wonder if Randy P has any history where little kids are concerned? Wonder if he was into child *advertiser censored*. I wonder how he acted when he got back home....if he acted any different then usual.

I also wonder why they waited for a year to arrest anyone. If they have known that a bunch of people were lying why not confront and arrest them then? Wonder what is going on with the Grand Jury?

Evelyn’s murder investigation enters 2nd year

As the investigation into Evelyn’s death stretches into its second year, three factors may give clues as to why the probe has become so lengthy.

Authorities weren’t sure what Evelyn’s status was during the six days between when she was reported missing and when she was found. That uncertainty forced them to stretch their resources thin to explore all possible scenarios.

It is possible that the spot where Evelyn was found was not where the murder took place — which would have left authorities without a primary crime scene from which to gather key evidence.

It is also unclear what condition Evelyn’s body was in when she was discovered. Experts believe that if Evelyn’s body had been in the spot where it was found for even a couple of days, it would have deteriorated quickly, leaving even less of a hint as to what really happened.

The discovery of Evelyn’s body was just the beginning of the mystery... (much more)

It doesn't sound to me like LE has any idea who murdered Evelyn. In the article Marilyn Dettmer said that at first they had to issues to work with or something to that effect...."was Evelyn missing"...well that shouldn't have been to hard to figure out. Her mother had reported her missing because she wasn't at home and couldn't be found...obviously Evelyn was missing. The second issue was "had she been harmed?" Well that was what LE was supposed to find out...find Evelyn and then they would know whether she had been harmed or not. I would think that when a little 5 yr old girl isn't at home where she should be at 6:00 something in the morning and her mom can't find her anywhere it is pretty obvious that someone has taken her and there is a good chance that she will be harmed unless LE finds her first. I can't see the big deal for LE with these two issues. Sounds pretty par for the course for LE to me. You start seaching for a missing little girl.

I wonder if they have questioned the people yet that they know lied to them at the beginning of the investigation? For some reason I get the feeling that these LE officials don't have to much on the ball.

Charles City Press

Frederiksen said ... ‘‘She was like my daughter. I was with Noel when she was still pregnant with her. I basically raised her since she was a baby, all the way up. I was working more so Noel had more time with her,’’ Frederiksen said.

He said he knows people suspect he was involved in the girl’s death.

‘‘But there’s nothing I can really do about (what) people think,’’ he said. ‘‘They’ll think what they will, and the people I think count knows the truth.

‘‘I didn’t have a single thing to do with it. My only fault was that I didn’t wake up when she needed me,’’ he said.

He said he’d like to be able to see memorials that have been put up for Evelyn. ‘‘That’s probably one of the first things I’ll do when I get out...’’

Sioux City Journal: Slain girl's grandfather urges healing at candlelight vigil

The grandfather of 5-year-old Evelyn Miller said the families who were torn apart by the child slaying are trying to pull together and mend fences.

"I think we made some progress here tonight," said Richard Christie, of Windsor Heights, during a candlelight vigil on Sunday for the child who died a year ago this week...

A deep rift split Evelyn's relatives after her death.

Some refused to speak to the child's mother, Noel Miller, of Charles City, including Andy Christie, of Waterloo, who's Evelyn's father. Both were at Sunday's vigil.

"It's time to let bygones be bygones," said Miller, who has been deprived of custody of her two young sons in part because of the Christie family's criticism of her parenting.

"Rather than fighting and accusing each other, we should all be together," Miller said.

Andy Christie said that even though a year has passed, he can still see the hundreds of volunteers searching for his daughter, hoping to find her alive.

"I have five years of joy I choose to focus on," he said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back