GUILTY IA - Evelyn Miller, 5, Charles City, 1 July 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why hasn't this case been solved? What about those two guys that stopped at her apt that night? They put one in jail for lying...didn't he cover for the other guy? So why would he have to lie for him? Little Evelyn deserves justice. I can't believe that they have nothing in this case.

WCFcourier.com is the Waterloo-Cedar Falls homepage for all local news, sports, entertainment and events happening in the Ced...

He isn't offering outright amnesty, but Floyd County Sheriff Rick Lynch also isn't out to hammer anyone for smoking pot if that person can help solve the Evelyn Miller's murder.

Lynch is convinced someone knows something that will help resolve the 2-year-old crime. And he hopes fear of being busted for some minor offense isn't preventing the source from stepping forward.

"Our main objective all along has been to solve this murder," Lynch said. "We don't care what other kinds of skeletons or shadows people might have..."

Lynch is frustrated by people who agree to talk to authorities but don't show up for an interview or "manipulate or minimize the stories." He said the incomplete information often sends officers on wild goose chases, costing the investigation time and money...

"I think everyone who has worked on this case, our deputies, the DCI agents and the FBI agents believe we are going to solve this case," Lynch said.

"People have to have faith and trust," he added. "It is very serious and it can't be put together hastily."

Charles City Press - News

Deputy Travis Bartz, the lead investigator in the Evelyn Miller case for the Floyd County Sheriff’s Office, said they are currently doing interviews and following up on new leads. He said he was unable to elaborate further.

“It is not a cold case by any means,” said Bartz.

While the investigator said there continues to be “people of interest,” he did not say if there any suspects in the murder...

(Evelyn's paternal grandmother) plans to continue holding memorials to remember Evelyn every year until her granddaughter’s killer is found.

“It’s been two years and there’s been no arrest. It’s just a way to remember Evey. I will not stop until somebody is arrested,” she said.

Radio Iowa: Family members of Evelyn Miller hold service in her memory

Family members of a Floyd County girl who was the victim of a still-unsolved murder two years ago held a vigil in a Des Moines area church last night. Relatives of five-year-old Evelyn Miller lit candles and sang songs in her memory. Miller's grandmother, Linda Christie of Windsor Heights, says there are still times when she's incapacitated by the loss of her granddaughter.

Christie says: "I miss her smile. I miss her smell. I miss her, 'I love you grandma.' I miss the 5-year-old. I miss the child..."

CHARLES CITY – Investigators have told Evelyn Miller’s family that they have narrowed the list of suspects in the 5-year-old girl’s murder case to three people.

“I talk to the investigators about once a month,” said Linda Christie of Windsor Heights, Evelyn Miller’s grandmother. “We’ve been told that the list has been narrowed to three suspects.”

This week marks the third anniversary of the disappearance and murder of the 5-year-old girl, who was reported missing in the early morning hours of July 1, 2005, and found dead in the Cedar River five days later.

Floyd County Sheriff Rick Lynch and investigators at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation won’t release details of their investigation, but say they remain optimistic that the person, or persons, involved will be brought to justice.

“There are a lot http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25939&page=8&highlight=evelyn+millerof things we can’t share with the public,” said Floyd County Sheriff Rick Lynch. “We have to ensure the integrity of the case.”

More: http://www.globegazette.com/articles/2008/06/29/news/local/doc4867082156df9395481304.txt

Good updates from your link, PrayersForMaura:

Noel Miller lost her appeal to regain custody of her two young sons, who were put into foster care shortly following Evelyn’s murder.

Miller, 25, formerly of Charles City, also pleaded guilty to a charge of going armed with intent and served two days in jail on the charge. She has since moved to California.

At the time of her abduction, Evelyn was in the legal custody of her mother. Her father is Andrew Christie of Waterloo.

The boys’ father, Casey Frederiksen, has voluntarily signed away his rights to his sons.

Frederiksen is now serving a sentence of 14 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to possession and receiving or attempting to receive child *advertiser censored*.

Does anyone know if these parents were on drugs? It sounds like mom may still be.

Charles City Press - News

... Linda Christie of Windsor Heights, the grandmother of Evelyn Miller, said investigators have told her that there are three suspects in the case.

“I talk to Chris Calloway (of the Department of Criminal Investigation) every month for an update,” she said. “They work on it every day. They want to solve this case. They really do. They always reassure me that they’re working and will solve the case. ... They’ve narrowed it down to three. That’s a nice short list. The person that killed Evey is starting to get a little worried I would think.”

Lynch said the Sheriff’s Office has met with the DCI investigator at least five times this year. The Federal Bureau of Investigation is active with the case, as well.

“We never let this case go to black and white. It’s always in color,” said the sheriff. “We keep it in color by constantly talking about it. ... I’m not to any point of ever calling it a cold case...”

They say that it's narrowed down to three suspects. Was it ever really more than three?

Thinking of Evelyn today. Wishing peace to her grandparents and all of those who loved & are missing her.

Frederiksen indicted on drug charges - KIMT.com – Iowa & Minnesota Together

Casey Frederiksen, one of the last people to see 5-year-old Evelyn Miller before her disappearance in July, 2005 has been indicted in U.S. District Court on charges of conspiracy to manufacture methamphetamine...

The Indictment alleges that, from 2004 through June 2005, Frederiksen conspired with others to manufacture methamphetamine. If convicted, he faces a possible maximum sentence of 20 years’ imprisonment and a $1 million fine.

Frederiksen’s first appearance in federal court in Cedar Rapids has not yet
been scheduled.

In reading the Ethan Stacey thread, Evelyn Miller came to the front of my mind. Maybe just because she did get decent news coverage for a while around here. We live in the biological fathers area and not too far from where Evelyn lived. However, now it's been nearly five years since Evelyn was murdered and still no one is in jail :(

This is not necessarily related but recently the Floyd County Attorney was removed from his position.
http://www.radioiowa.com/2010/03/19...floyd-county-attorney-for-ethical-violations/

I just cannot believe with such a short suspect list and saying from early on in the case that there would be an arrest soon, that five years later Evelyn's case has not had justice.

COLD CASE: Channel 13's Aaron Brilbeck looks into the unsolved murder of 5-year-old Evelyn Miller

Thursday marked the five-year anniversary of the disappearance of 5-year-old Evelyn Miller. A day her grandparents have said always brings back horrible memories. "Yeah, it's a tough day today," Linda Christie has said, "I'm positive that she was killed that first day."

[snip]

But there has still not been an arrest in Evelyn's murder. Her grandparents believe there will be, someday. But until then, they say they're just grateful for the five years they got to spend with her.

"A really, really special kid," grandfather Richard Christie has said of his granddaughter, "No down days. No sad days. Just always with a smile on her face. And we sure miss that."

Floyd County Sheriff Rick Lynch tells us he expects to make an arrest in the case, but he won't say when. Lynch says he and three deputies are working on the case, and are following up on new leads. To date, no suspects have been identified and no arrests have been made.

More: http://www.whotv.com/news/who-story-evelyn-miller-cold-case-070110,0,4243897.story

http://easterniowanewsnow.com/2011/...rs-say-floyd-county-girls-death-still-active/

Not a Cold Case: Six Years Later, Investigators Say Floyd County Girl’s Death Still ‘Active’

Posted July 3, 2011 5:22 pm by Chris Earl/SourceMedia Group News

We’re in it to take it to the very end and, ultimately, get justice for Evelyn Miller,” said Lynch on Thursday from his office in Charles City.

Lynch said prosecutors want to make sure they have a strong case to present before they take the next step of charging a suspect and proceeding with a trial

ETA: Frederiksen names in this article too.

I thought about Evelyn yesterday when I heard the Casey Anthony verdict. It seems LE knows who is responsible but they simply don't have enough evidence to get a conviction. Afterall this time, I'm afraid no one will ever be held accountable for Evelyn's murder. Maybe the responsible party(s) will be convicted on lesser charges. Just doesn't seem right but that's how the system works.

I'm very sad about the loss of this sweet, little girl and I extend my sympathy to those who loved her.

FLOYD, Iowa —

Authorities will announce what they call a significant development in a seven year old investigation in the Evelyn Miller case.

The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and the Floyd County Sheriff’s Office will hold a news conference on the case at 1:30 p.m

Read More here.

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...ery/-/9357080/16760812/-/46av6dz/-/index.html

I do hope that this precious little girl is finally going to get justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xtension
Back