IA - Jetseta Gage, 10, abducted & murdered, Cedar Rapids, 24 March 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rocky said:
for the homeless, the thought of 3 meals a day and a warm bed to sleep in sounds pretty good.

I make a motion we change our jail system so it's more like Mexico, where a 3 month sentence is life.

Or do what the Russians do, after someone is given the death sentence he is walked around the corner and offered two options, pull the trigger themselves or be shot.

Or midwest justice, where the police announce the person and the evil crime they've committed one day before driving to his house to pick him up and finding a mutilated pulp to haul off to the morgue...
ewwwwww gawd Rocky, now you're gettin gross LOL! :crazy:

All of you are correct - something desperatly needs to be done with our laws which should protect our children more and not the perpetrator.

DS

LWOP parole or the DP to all perps where a child is kidnapped, raped and murdered.

CaliKid said:
LWOP parole or the DP to all perps where a child is kidnapped, raped and murdered.

well you're close, molesting a child once is too many times, LWOP

it is not a curable disease...

if they've crossed the line once, they'll do it again...

Rocky said:
well you're close, molesting a child once is too many times, LWOP

it is not a curable disease...

if they've crossed the line once, they'll do it again...

Make it plain to them that after their first offense, they'll be locked up for 24 hours in a small cell with LORRAINA BOBBIT!!
(or whatever her name is.)

Well, the mother HAS to take some responsibility for this. Why don't people value their children????? The grandmother has to take some responsibility too. There are monsters out there...believe it and pay attention to what is going on with your kids. Jet didn't have the mental capacity to look out for herself so she needed others to do that for her. They failed her. Twice.

I would put money on it that this girl had been sexually abused, possibly by him, before...according to the Fox story:

Gage attended the CITE program at St. Luke's Hospital, a program for children with emotional, behavioral, social or educational needs.

Who is to say the reason for that isn't abuse...this has all made me so sick today...not enough is being done. It's not enough to tell parents they need to check the registries and watch their kids closely. These monstered need to be locked up. I know I sound like a broken record, but I feel that is the ONLY solution to saving our children.

lady-eowyn said:
I would put money on it that this girl had been sexually abused, possibly by him, before...according to the Fox story:

Gage attended the CITE program at St. Luke's Hospital, a program for children with emotional, behavioral, social or educational needs.

Who is to say the reason for that isn't abuse...this has all made me so sick today...not enough is being done. It's not enough to tell parents they need to check the registries and watch their kids closely. These monstered need to be locked up. I know I sound like a broken record, but I feel that is the ONLY solution to saving our children.
You are correct lady-eowyn -
These monstered need to be locked up. I know I sound like a broken record, but I feel that is the ONLY solution to saving our children.

and there's nothing wrong with sounding like a broken record.

Might I add, many parents don't have access to the internet nor do they have access to this database of sex offenders. Many don't even have time to read the newspaper so they may not ever know that a sex offender resides in their neighborhood. Do we know for sure this family knew this man was a sex offender? Its one thing if they did - :eek: shame on them and its another if they didn't.

Jessica Lunsford family never knew - they had no idea a sex offender was visiting and living off and on with his half-sister within a stones throw of their home. Did they have internet access? I don't know. This is all very sad.

How does the state or any state for that matter go about educating neighborhoods that there are sex offenders living within their vicinity? The same way they set up the Neighborhood Watch Program thats how! I strongly believe in Notification, Education and Taking Action!

:twocents: DS

kimberdawn said:
If he was a long time family friend, her mother should have know or at least had an idea that he was a sex offender--- AND HE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO BE ANY WHERE NEAR HER CHILDREN. This is so sad, kids are not safe anywhere. We worry when our kids are at school, or at friends house or anytime they are away from us. We should not have to worry about our children when they are at home. :(

How should her mother have known? I'm sure if she did know he would not have been around her children. I am also sure heart is btraking tonight and she is blaming herself she does not need us blaming her.

LatteDa said:
Well, the mother HAS to take some responsibility for this. Why don't people value their children????? The grandmother has to take some responsibility too. There are monsters out there...believe it and pay attention to what is going on with your kids. Jet didn't have the mental capacity to look out for herself so she needed others to do that for her. They failed her. Twice.

The only person to blame for this child being taken and harmed is the sick perp who did it.

Please don't point fingers at this family. Their heart has already been ripped out their throats.

No one realizes the sheer numbers of this (a child goes missing every 37 seconds in America) until it affects them. Stats say this will affect 25% of us, indirectly or directly, in our lifetime.

They did not fail this child.
Please show some mercy and compassion.
God bless you, Lanie

TisHerself said:
How should her mother have known? I'm sure if she did know he would not have been around her children. I am also sure heart is btraking tonight and she is blaming herself she does not need us blaming her.

Thank you, TisHerself

The grief process entails second guessing decisions made, anyway, and guilt is a huge part of this.

This forum is for information and support, and I hope that people will be supportive of this family with prayers.

Prayer is SO important.
The prayers of a righteous man availeth much.
Prayers for this family tonight, and prayers for justice.
In Christ's love, Lanie

lady-eowyn said:

The reason for that was she was born with Spina Bifida. Not because of abuse.

YOU GUYS - THE STATISTICS BEING QUOTED HERE ARE NUTS!!!!

About 100 children per year, in the US, are abducted by strangers/nonfamilymembers and murdered. About 100. That's 100 too many for sure, but where is this 700,000 abducted crazy number coming from? Where is this every 37 seconds number coming from?

Parents panic and call the cops all the time, maybe that's where the number is coming from. Kids who went to a friend's house instead of coming straight home from the bus stop.

Children who are abducted and murdered are EXTREMELY rare. About 2 per state, per year. If you live in a big state, maybe 5 per year.

I wouldn't sound so strident here, but I'm amazed at all the "are any kids safe" "how will we keep our kids safe" posts.

100 per year, in the entire US.

God rest their souls.

KatherineQ said:

About 100 children per year, in the US, are abducted by strangers/nonfamilymembers and murdered. About 100. That's 100 too many for sure, but where is this 700,000 abducted crazy number coming from? Where is this every 37 seconds number coming from?

Parents panic and call the cops all the time, maybe that's where the number is coming from. Kids who went to a friend's house instead of coming straight home from the bus stop.

Children who are abducted and murdered are EXTREMELY rare. About 2 per state, per year. If you live in a big state, maybe 5 per year.

I wouldn't sound so strident here, but I'm amazed at all the "are any kids safe" "how will we keep our kids safe" posts.

God rest their souls.
There are several different catagories of missing or abducted children when it comes to the stats.

Stranger abduction is what your post is reflecting......many, many children are abducted by family members and family friends/aquaintances every day but only a few are abducted by virtual strangers.

KatherineQ said:

God rest their souls.

I agree, the stats being quoted are nuts, but they are accurate.

I'm looking at the NCIC stats from 2001, and those were the lowest numbers reported since 1992. http://www.rinokids.com

"Statistics from the Federal Bureau of Investigations
In 2001, 840,279 missing persons (adults and juveniles) were reported missing to the police and entered into the FBI's National Crime Information Center (NCIC). This represents the smallest number of missing person reports since 1992 (801,358).

The FBI estimates that 85-90% of missing persons are juveniles. Thus, is approximately 725,000 cases (or 2,000 per day) the disappearance of a child was serious enough that a parent called the police, the police took a report and entered it into NCIC."

Most come home (safe) or are found (deceased) within 7-10 days, but every year, around 97,000 are never found. There are over 4000 open cases in New York State. There are over 72,000 open cases in Texas.

This is a catastrophic problem which has reached epidemic proportions.
I agree with you, Katherine. It's nuts.

One person can make a difference.
Please pray for the missing and those who search for them.
God bless you, Lanie

chicoliving said:
There are several different catagories of missing or abducted children when it comes to the stats.

Stranger abduction is what your post is reflecting......many, many children are abducted by family members and family friends/aquaintances every day but only a few are abducted by virtual strangers.

Thanks, chico.

Education and awareness are paramount to staying safe.

Please feel free to e-mail me at HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com or Kelly at Kelly.Jolkowski@projectjason.org for info. on how you can help the missing.

God bless you, Lanie

WasBlind said:
The only person to blame for this child being taken and harmed is the sick perp who did it.

Please don't point fingers at this family. Their heart has already been ripped out their throats.

No one realizes the sheer numbers of this (a child goes missing every 37 seconds in America) until it affects them. Stats say this will affect 25% of us, indirectly or directly, in our lifetime.

They did not fail this child.
Please show some mercy and compassion.
God bless you, Lanie

Point well taken. I know that pedophiles can abduct children no matter how careful you are and I should be careful not to point fingers.

My heart goes out to "Jet" "Jessica" and their families!
My daughter just turned 11 and only pretends to still believe in the EASTER BUNNY because her older brothers (12,15) told her once she doesnt believe they might not get a basket. This year what if we use the not sure believe and especially for the ones that still do believe and buy a door alarm that makes alot of noise and leave a note from the Easter Bunny saying "To keep You Safe"
We as the Easter Bunny know better and we need to change things but if they beleive they might be able to sleep again!
Please no one get mad but the fact is if you go on different websites some are just hearing about Jessica! I live in the neighborhood and it scares the heck out of me! The lack of local newspapers and local media covering "Jet" makes me mad ! Every banner on all news via the internet should have Jessica's picture as well as "Jets" and a link to find what pervert might live in you're area!

Oh man! :(
This is just awful news.:(:(:(

prayers and love,

Ariel

Man Charged in Girl's Abduction in Iowa

"According to state's Sex Offender Registry, Bentley was convicted in 1994 of lascivious acts with a child"

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20050326/D892GGSG0.html

I'm just disgusted, I can't even pput it into words!
We KNOW that these criminals are PREDATORS who will OFFEND AGAIN and AGAIN. SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE!
:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

I guess we can move this thread to "located" HUH?:sick:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee