IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have there been similar cases to hers. Things like an early morning abduction, by a car or in a parking lot, maybe with a suspicious van or another vehicle. Abducting someone by their car in a lot is brazen. She had work earlier than some people but there would be no guarantee she would be the only person leaving. Or coming home after a night shift or walking their dog at that time. She struggled her key was probably in the door. Had her abductor or abductors been watching and waiting until there was no one around. Did she live in a building where people knew her? People said they heard a scream but most people don't call 911 unless they are sure it's an emergency. Did people look out for each other?

Was she investigating something that would have been unpopular with LE or politicians. Was her case badly handled. The van is suspicious. How much strength would it take to bend a key? Are the things by her car stillin evidence and did they check for DNA? I don't remember if touch DNA was around at the time. If she was fighting for her life her keys might have scratched her attacker even ifblood wasn't visible.
It sounds like JV might have Alzheimer's so if he has answers they need find them if they aren't already lost.
She had become the morning anchorwoman. So, she wasn't doing any investigative reporting. I don't know if DNA testing was done in this case. May not have been enough evidence left to test. Youtube has some excellent videos about this case. Much of the info is mentioned there. Many people don't believe the story about the van. Look up the story about the other vehicle. it may be more relevant. I don't believe the rumors about police involvement. I think those are all meaningless rumor.

Since Jodi was young,single, very pretty, vivacious and a local TV personality, I've always suspected someone close to her. Someone who wanted to be closer but was rejected.

I always thought it was someone who may have thought they were close to her or closer than they were in reality. Pretty, personable on TV most days, people would feel like they knew her. That makes her good at her job but some people take that too far. They fantasize an entire relationship. This can happen to anyone but I've heard women on the News are often targets because they are on TV everyday and that attracts some twisted guys.

I always thought it was someone who may have thought they were close to her or closer than they were in reality. Pretty, personable on TV most days, people would feel like they knew her. That makes her good at her job but some people take that too far. They fantasize an entire relationship. This can happen to anyone but I've heard women on the News are often targets because they are on TV everyday and that attracts some twisted guys.
If you scroll through these posts, and or google, you'll see where one of the experts believes exactly what you have stated.

re posts
Dec 14 2018
Evidence photos in the disappearance of Jodi Huisentruit
(27)Evidence photos in the disappearance of Jodi Huisentruit
"According to Vansice, Jodi had visited his home the night before she vanished. He said they watched a video of a surprise birthday party he had helped arrange for Jodi with another friend, Ani Kruse,

This is a photo from that party on June 10, 1995. Pictured from left: Jodi Huisentruit, John Vansice and Ani Kruse"

• huisentruit15.jpg

Last edited:
Was showing her a birthday tape something she was humoring or was it a sweet gesture from a friend?
Anyone know if there is any evidence - such as an eyewitness account - to confirm that Jodi had been at Vansice's place the eve of her disappearance, supposedly to watch the birthday vid? I doubt that she was there. Perhaps invited, but declined. She may have had other plans, such as perhaps having invited a guest over to her apt following that afternoon's golf outing, which might explain the empty beer cans and Jodi's having been late to depart for work that morn. Could the presence of another man at Jodi's apt that early morn have triggered the killer? Could the killer have been waiting in the parking lot that morn? Had someone been known to have waited in a vehicle in the parking lot in the early morn in the past?

Was she investigating something that would have been unpopular with LE or politicians. Was her case badly handled. The van is suspicious. How much strength would it take to bend a key? Are the things by her car stillin evidence and did they check for DNA? I don't remember if touch DNA was around at the time. If she was fighting for her life her keys might have scratched her attacker even ifblood wasn't visible.
It sounds like JV might have Alzheimer's so if he has answers they need find them if they aren't already lost.
This may have been one of the last reports made by JH, imo rbbm.
VIDEO
"Video of Jodi Huisentruit reporting on the Jacob Wetterling's 15th birthday in 1993. (Source: KSAX-TV)"

Anyone know if there is any evidence - such as an eyewitness account - to confirm that Jodi had been at Vansice's place the eve of her disappearance, supposedly to watch the birthday vid? I doubt that she was there. Perhaps invited, but declined. She may have had other plans, such as perhaps having invited a guest over to her apt following that afternoon's golf outing, which might explain the empty beer cans and Jodi's having been late to depart for work that morn. Could the presence of another man at Jodi's apt that early morn have triggered the killer? Could the killer have been waiting in the parking lot that morn? Had someone been known to have waited in a vehicle in the parking lot in the early morn in the past?
I wonder whose prints may have been found on those empty beer cans found in Jodi's apt in the hours after she was abducted ...

Have there been similar cases to hers. Things like an early morning abduction, by a car or in a parking lot, maybe with a suspicious van or another vehicle. Abducting someone by their car in a lot is brazen. She had work earlier than some people but there would be no guarantee she would be the only person leaving. Or coming home after a night shift or walking their dog at that time. She struggled her key was probably in the door. Had her abductor or abductors been watching and waiting until there was no one around. Did she live in a building where people knew her? People said they heard a scream but most people don't call 911 unless they are sure it's an emergency. Did people look out for each other?
Did her "friend" ever move back from Arizona to defend himself ?
I don't believe he moved yet.

You're right. Those cans would have prints and DNA. Were they processed as evidence?
Given that Jodi encountered violence that morn and a crime had clearly been committed, quite possibly a homicide, it is unimaginable that the apt and contents such as the beer cans would not have been collected/dusted. Yet, the cans appeared in that video we've all seen showing the inside of the apt. after Jodi's apparent abduction. Does that suggest that the cans were not collected as evidence? Can't recall who made the video and just when. Was it made *after* the crime scene team had been through and done their thing?!

If I understand correctly, Vansice had claimed that Jodi was at his place on the eve of her disappearance, to watch the birthday vid. I'm trying to think of why he might have made that claim were it not true. That would have been quite odd. Purely hypothetically, perhaps he may have made that claim to try to cover himself in a hypothetical scenario in which he HAD been at Jodi's apt that eve, perhaps watched the vid there, perhaps had a few beers, perhaps spent the night. Purely theoretical, of course.

Last edited:
Given that Jodi encountered violence that morn and a crime had clearly been committed, quite possibly a homicide, it is unimaginable that the apt and contents such as the beer cans would not have been collected/dusted. Yet, the cans appeared in that video we've all seen showing the inside of the apt. after Jodi's apparent abduction. Does that suggest that the cans were not collected as evidence? Can't recall who made the video and just when. Was it made *after* the crime scene team had been through and done their thing?!

If I understand correctly, Vansice had claimed that Jodi was at his place on the eve of her disappearance, to watch the birthday vid. I'm trying to think of why he might have made that claim were it not true. That would have been quite odd. Purely hypothetically, perhaps he may have made that claim to try to cover himself in a hypothetical scenario in which he HAD been at Jodi's apt that eve, perhaps watched the vid there, perhaps had a few beers, perhaps spent the night. Purely theoretical, of course.

Was the video that was released part of the investigation? Is it like a walk through of a potential crime scene or to document anything that might be relievent.

Was the video that was released part of the investigation? Is it like a walk through of a potential crime scene or to document anything that might be relievent.

Video seems to have been made by 48 Hours. Here is link:
I believe they shot the footage around 2 weeks after Jodi was gone.
Freeze it at 19 seconds to see cans still sitting around....

Video seems to have been made by 48 Hours. Here is link:
I believe they shot the footage around 2 weeks after Jodi was gone.
Freeze it at 19 seconds to see cans still sitting around....

I thought it sounded like a cop. The person only touches the door knob which would have been fingerprinted. I thought it was taken soon after she was abducted because it showed messages. Hopefully all the cans and everything were processed. She seemed like a busy woman that lived alone and wasn't a neat freak. You can see a soda can by papers for her job. She tidier than I am. Her apt looks like some who was getting ready fast. I could be wrong but It doesn't seem like she was set up for company.

Vid shot by Minneapolis station WCCO a few months after Jodi disappeared. Jodi's family let them into the apartment. This is from the intro to the video:

Jodi Huisentruit vanished from her apartment complex’s parking lot in the very early morning hours of June 27, 1995. A few months later, police released Jodi’s apartment back to her family, who allowed Minneapolis CBS affiliate WCCO to film the anchor woman’s home.

Here the words of Jodi's neighbor, who heard her screams:

Is that odd he thought the noise came from above him then heard the screaming outside. It could be because he had neighbors that fought so he just assumed it was them. Or does that mean that her screams got closer to him like maybe she broke free for a second or something like that.

Vid shot by Minneapolis station WCCO a few months after Jodi disappeared. Jodi's family let them into the apartment. This is from the intro to the video:

Jodi Huisentruit vanished from her apartment complex’s parking lot in the very early morning hours of June 27, 1995. A few months later, police released Jodi’s apartment back to her family, who allowed Minneapolis CBS affiliate WCCO to film the anchor woman’s home.
That seems odd. I could see releasing a video but there wasn't fingerprint powder anywhere and dishes were in the sink. Months of messages. That's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee