IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that odd he thought the noise came from above him then heard the screaming outside. It could be because he had neighbors that fought so he just assumed it was them. Or does that mean that her screams got closer to him like maybe she broke free for a second or something like that.
"Screaming for about a minute", that seems like it took a while for Jodi to be subdued- maybe the perp is not very strong? speculation, imo.

"Screaming for about a minute", that seems like it took a while for Jodi to be subdued- maybe the perp is not very strong? speculation, imo.

Or it was definitely one person. They did look at females, right? She might have surprised her attacker by fighting back. I don't know if you can check for hairspray residue but that's one thing you are told to use if attacked.

Have there been similar cases to hers. Things like an early morning abduction, by a car or in a parking lot, maybe with a suspicious van or another vehicle. Abducting someone by their car in a lot is brazen. She had work earlier than some people but there would be no guarantee she would be the only person leaving. Or coming home after a night shift or walking their dog at that time. She struggled her key was probably in the door. Had her abductor or abductors been watching and waiting until there was no one around. Did she live in a building where people knew her? People said they heard a scream but most people don't call 911 unless they are sure it's an emergency. Did people look out for each other?
Have there been similar cases to hers. Things like an early morning abduction, by a car or in a parking lot, maybe with a suspicious van or another vehicle. Abducting someone by their car in a lot is brazen. She had work earlier than some people but there would be no guarantee she would be the only person leaving. Or coming home after a night shift or walking their dog at that time. She struggled her key was probably in the door. Had her abductor or abductors been watching and waiting until there was no one around. Did she live in a building where people knew her? People said they heard a scream but most people don't call 911 unless they are sure it's an emergency. Did people look out for each other?
I checked a missing persons list to find anything similar. The closest case I found was the Ricketts case in December of 1997. This is only checking missing persons. I'm not sure how to check for unsolved rapes within a close time frame. Some of these culprits go to other states to commit more crimes. That probably makes it hard to prove any link between two or more crimes.

Or it was definitely one person. They did look at females, right? She might have surprised her attacker by fighting back. I don't know if you can check for hairspray residue but that's one thing you are told to use if attacked.
Perhaps one of those females saw a man at her place early that morning. A jealous woman might pick a fight.

You have mentioned things that I have not heard mentioned previously. Where would you look for a body? Do you think this case could, in any way be linked to the Springfield 3 since that freeway is in a straight line from the two cities? Also the first case was very close to the birthrate of Jodi.
Info below is from a timeline that Feldhaus did an excellent job putting together on Vansice. I’m able to share a few minor things but there are some that he made me promise not too as well which I have to keep.
—————————————————————————————
DATE: February 1996
EVENT: John VanSice demonstrates how he strangled Jodi

While drinking in a Clear Lake bar VanSice approaches a young woman from behind, places his hands around her neck as if to strangle her and says, "that's how I did Jodi". He then laughs.
———————————————————————-
DATE: Late Spring 1996
EVENT: VanSice's again incriminates himself

While drinking in a Mason City bar VanSice remarks, "we won't have trouble with Jodi this Summer".
It's certainly nice of you and Mr. Feldhaus to have spent so much time on this case. I hope it is solved very soon.

The problem with fingerprints is that any of Jodi's "friends" would be expected to leave prints in her apartment. This is, in my speculation, someone very familiar with her schedule. They may have even stayed over - the reason Jodi was late that morning. A disagreement could have started with her on the rush to get out of the apartment and when she got down to the parking lot, her angry friend wrestled away into his car and took off. Of course this is my theory, opinion only, and I hadn't thought of a stay over friend til now. I always assumed before that he was waiting for her outside.

The problem with fingerprints is that any of Jodi's "friends" would be expected to leave prints in her apartment. This is, in my speculation, someone very familiar with her schedule. They may have even stayed over - the reason Jodi was late that morning. A disagreement could have started with her on the rush to get out of the apartment and when she got down to the parking lot, her angry friend wrestled away into his car and took off. Of course this is my theory, opinion only, and I hadn't thought of a stay over friend til now. I always assumed before that he was waiting for her outside.

Fingerprints can also be attributed to maintenance I would think soda cans or beer might have DNA it wouldn't prove anything but that the person was in the apt. Sometimes if someone says they have never met a person or been in their home and their DNA and fingerprints are there that is when it matters.

I think whoever kidnaped Jodi was either stalking her and saw that morning as an opportunity where she was alone or they were angry and just lucky no one saw them.

Vancise. The friendship bothered me the whole time I was watching the tv show. He just didn't have any reason to be tagging along with girls all the time.

Why did girls let him hang out with them. If other women didn't get a weird vibe it's possible he was lonely but harmless. I could be very wrong idk. The relationship might have seemed odd but maybe he provided some protection. If you go out to a bar or club sometimes having a guy with you keeps handsy men away. I don't understand why they think a guy friend or boyfriend is going to be more protective of my body than I would be. It's archaic.

I thought about that also. And I couldn't figure out why. He wasn't attractive, he was older and didn't have money. I guess maybe they felt sorry for him. At first, I thought he was gay...

Maybe he was gay. If he was respectful and made sure they got home safely that's better than a rich jerk. Also pretty girls can get drinks from lots of guys. They need to make sure those guys stay respectful.

I wonder if his returning to Iowa has anything to do with that warrant? What was given as probable cause to obtain the warrant?
Followed this case for years... Grew up in IA & am about the same age, so JH’s disappearance always disturbed me.

Sept 29, 2019 should be the expiration date of the “sealed” status of the search warrant for JV. I wonder if LE will extend it for another year- and if so, why...

https://www.findjodi.com/judge-seals-john-vansice-search-warrant-for-another-year/

Followed this case for years... Grew up in IA & am about the same age, so JH’s disappearance always disturbed me.

Sept 29, 2019 should be the expiration date of the “sealed” status of the search warrant for JV. I wonder if LE will extend it for another year- and if so, why...

https://www.findjodi.com/judge-seals-john-vansice-search-warrant-for-another-year/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee