IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy would I love to see this particular cold case solved. Of course I hope all cases are solved. But with the notoriety of this case, I hate that someone is out there smug from eluding capture for 23 years!

New information from two Iowa killers could solve multiple cold cases

"Ridge has not said which Iowa cold case is involved, simply that identification was provided by Johnson. Ridge says he’s only shared the information with police and that “authorities deserve time to explore the assertions before they are made public.”

KWWL has worked with Ridge before after he revealed new details in the case of Jodi Huisentruit, the Mason City news anchor who disappeared in 1995. Ridge declined to say if the information provided by Johnson is related to Huisentruit or her friend, Billy Pruin, who was found shot to death just weeks before Huisentruit went missing"

"Ridge declined to say if the information provided by Johnson is related to Huisentruit or her friend, Billy Pruin, who was found shot to death just weeks before Huisentruit went missing."

If the info Johnson and Honken may have on Iowa cold cases relates to cold cases other than the Huisentruit case, why would Mr. Ridge decline to acknowledge that? In other words, why wouldn't he say 'yeah, it involves cases other than the Huisentruit case, but I am not at liberty to identify just which cases.' To me, Mr. Ridge's playing it close to the vest hints that the info may relate to the Huisentruit case...

Mr. Ridge had previously, in June of this year, worked with KWWL to publicize that John Vancise might be returning to Iowa. Here is link:

EXCLUSIVE: Person of interest in Huisentruit case to return to Iowa
Key quotes: "According to Ridge, Vansice is coming back to possibly consider legal action, saying he could file a libel suit against a former friend who he says has been feeding police false information for years. “I’ve gone out on a limb and predicted that somebody will, in fact, be arrested and charged. Whether they will be tried and convicted is a whole other question,” said Ridge. He predicts an arrest could come on the 25th anniversary of Huisentruit’s disappearance, which would be June 27th, 2020"....

Last edited:
"Ridge declined to say if the information provided by Johnson is related to Huisentruit or her friend, Billy Pruin, who was found shot to death just weeks before Huisentruit went missing."

If the info Johnson and Honken may have on Iowa cold cases relates to cold cases other than the Huisentruit case, why would Mr. Ridge decline to acknowledge that? In other words, why wouldn't he say 'yeah, it involves cases other than the Huisentruit case, but I am not at liberty to identify just which cases.' To me, Mr. Ridge's playing it close to the vest hints that the info may relate to the Huisentruit case...

Mr. Ridge had previously, in June of this year, worked with KWWL to publicize that John Vancise might be returning to Iowa. Here is link:

EXCLUSIVE: Person of interest in Huisentruit case to return to Iowa
Key quotes: "According to Ridge, Vansice is coming back to possibly consider legal action, saying he could file a libel suit against a former friend who he says has been feeding police false information for years. “I’ve gone out on a limb and predicted that somebody will, in fact, be arrested and charged. Whether they will be tried and convicted is a whole other question,” said Ridge. He predicts an arrest could come on the 25th anniversary of Huisentruit’s disappearance, which would be June 27th, 2020"....
I definitely hope it all comes together for an arrest, but if LE has enough to charge someone, they’re not going to wait for an anniversary date! That was a silly comment imo.

I definitely hope it all comes together for an arrest, but if LE has enough to charge someone, they’re not going to wait for an anniversary date! That was a silly comment imo.

I hope so too.

Jodi’s farmer friend, Billy Pruit was found dead in his home just weeks prior to Jodi disappearing. His death was initially ruled a suicide, but after his family fought his death was later ruled undetermined. The evidence points to homicide. My two biggest question right now are was Billy involved with DH or did he know something about DH and does Jodi fit into all this somehow?

Yeah, I found Ridge's having made a date prediction mystifying... Plus, 6/27/20 is a Saturday. You'd think a long planned arrest would take place on a weekday.

I hope so too.

Jodi’s farmer friend, Billy Pruit was found dead in his home just weeks prior to Jodi disappearing. His death was initially ruled a suicide, but after his family fought his death was later ruled undetermined. The evidence points to homicide. My two biggest question right now are was Billy involved with DH or did he know something about DH and does Jodi fit into all this somehow?

Sounds like someone had been after William "Billy" Pruin

Yeah, I found Ridge's having made a date prediction mystifying... Plus, 6/27/20 is a Saturday. You'd think a long planned arrest would take place on a weekday.

His comments are goofy. Makes you question his journalism and investigation skill set.

Sounds like someone had been after William "Billy" Pruin

Here are a few snippets from the book Dead Air regarding BP:

Jodi was open in saying that she was curious about the circumstances surrounding his death. According to those who heard her, she rightly insisted that something was fishy, and that things did not add up. Unbelievably, the surprises were not yet over. At Pruin’s funeral, a woman he was dating before he died introduced herself to his family and friends as his new fiancée. Although he had supposedly proposed marriage just two days before his untimely death, he hadn’t bothered to mention his engagement to anyone close to him.

Pruin seemed to be very concerned about something in the days before his death, according to his fiancée. When pressed, however, he refused to tell her what it was. Years later, Castle revealed that Pruin knew a lot about some people in town and their connections to the area’s drug culture.

One other curious tidbit deserves mention in the confusing Pruin puzzle. Investigators say William Pruin’s altered death certificate was not filed with the proper Iowa authorities, as would have been required within days of a death. For several years, the document simply got swallowed up in the paperwork of the Cerro Gordo County courthouse, and never was forwarded to its rightful destination in the state capital of Des Moines. Did that document just fall through the cracks, or was there another reason it didn’t make it to its rightful destination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773