IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember how [it was said in one of the original tv shows] Jodi's diary was in the possession of the police chief's [or other police official's] wife after it was collected as evidence?

[video=youtube;SNKVoRyusKk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNKVoRyusKk[/video]

She wasn't an investigative reporter. If someone got rid of her in order to silence her, it would have most likely been because of something she learned inadvertently through her social circles.

One very tantalizing piece of evidence is that she supposedly called out someone's name around the time she was attacked, but the police haven't said what name it was that she called out, and she may have been mistaken in assuming that the attacker was the person she thought it was.

In the book Dead Air by Beth Bednar, they state that the witness heard Jodi yell out the name John or some type of name that rhymes with John like Don, Ron, etc. The witness could not definitely say the name yelled was John.

That's very interesting.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Does anyone remember how [it was said in one of the original tv shows] Jodi's diary was in the possession of the police chief's [or other police official's] wife after it was collected as evidence?

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1312/06/ng.01.html
rbbm.
"GRACE: Now, interesting, the case seemingly goes cold, goes dead for a while, and it fades away from the public view. But then, amazingly, one of the local newspapers gets ahold of Jodi Huisentruit`s diary and actually is printing portions of it.

So the big controversy arises. How did they get Jodi Huisentruit`s diary? Because, see, that had to come from the crime scene. So there was a big drama. Did they get it from the killer? Did they get it from the kidnapper? Was it found somewhere that could lead to who`s the killer, who`s the kidnapper?

Well, after it blew up in the media, it turns out the wife of the police chief got the diary and mailed it to the newspaper.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Journal entries were very much like this.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Three weeks ago, "The Mason City Globe Gazette" got a mysterious envelope marked, "Attention to Bob Link (ph)." He`s the paper`s police and courts reporter. The envelope was postmarked Waterloo, Iowa, but had no name or return address.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It`s kind of eerie but yet somewhat exciting to have something that, you know, the public hasn`t seen.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: In it were pages of Jodi Huisentruit`s final journal entries. Police confirmed its authenticity, so the paper decided to print it.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Pretty much summed up who she was at that time of her life, in the last year, in the last days.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Mason City`s chief of police confirmed there was a journal taken from her apartment after she disappeared almost 13 years ago. There are only three known copies, all in the hands of authorities.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I can say that we know that the copy that they received did not come from our case file and it did not come from the DCI`s case file, OK? And we haven`t talked with the FBI, so -- but I`m confident, too, that it didn`t come with theirs.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Lashbrooke (ph) explains there are stamps, punchholes and other marks on the journal in their files. A copy of that would be obvious.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Now, as a kind of a sidebar to this whole investigation, is where did the copy come from? Who sent it? Why?"

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1312/06/ng.01.html
rbbm.
"GRACE: Now, interesting, the case seemingly goes cold, goes dead for a while, and it fades away from the public view. But then, amazingly, one of the local newspapers gets ahold of Jodi Huisentruit`s diary and actually is printing portions of it.

So the big controversy arises. How did they get Jodi Huisentruit`s diary? Because, see, that had to come from the crime scene. So there was a big drama. Did they get it from the killer? Did they get it from the kidnapper? Was it found somewhere that could lead to who`s the killer, who`s the kidnapper?

Well, after it blew up in the media, it turns out the wife of the police chief got the diary and mailed it to the newspaper.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Journal entries were very much like this.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Three weeks ago, "The Mason City Globe Gazette" got a mysterious envelope marked, "Attention to Bob Link (ph)." He`s the paper`s police and courts reporter. The envelope was postmarked Waterloo, Iowa, but had no name or return address.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It`s kind of eerie but yet somewhat exciting to have something that, you know, the public hasn`t seen.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: In it were pages of Jodi Huisentruit`s final journal entries. Police confirmed its authenticity, so the paper decided to print it.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Pretty much summed up who she was at that time of her life, in the last year, in the last days.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Mason City`s chief of police confirmed there was a journal taken from her apartment after she disappeared almost 13 years ago. There are only three known copies, all in the hands of authorities.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I can say that we know that the copy that they received did not come from our case file and it did not come from the DCI`s case file, OK? And we haven`t talked with the FBI, so -- but I`m confident, too, that it didn`t come with theirs.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Lashbrooke (ph) explains there are stamps, punchholes and other marks on the journal in their files. A copy of that would be obvious.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Now, as a kind of a sidebar to this whole investigation, is where did the copy come from? Who sent it? Why?"

Thanks dotr!

http://globegazette.com/news/local/jodi-s-journal/article_1373dfc2-1ced-5586-bca7-525a83d0e007.html
"Jodi's Journal

By BOB LINK, bob.link@globegazette.com Jun 22, 2008"
bfe3007f-337e-57b7-956e-264d0e5620f4.image.jpg
“Today, Sunday, it was raining in Mason City so didn’t get any skiing in. I love it, it’s addicting.

“Great friends but professionally, I’m fed up. It’s difficult finding a new job and I’m confused about agent and what to do.”

Two days later, Tuesday, June 27, 1995, Huisentruit left for work early in the morning but never arrived.

She has been missing since that day."

Maybe the rap lyrics of one of the poi's in Jodi's case, should be looked at again, imo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...result-in-arrest-and-eventual-conviction.html
"Police using rap lyrics as evidence in dozens of cases"

" A rapper’s lyrics led to his being arrested for a double murder and eventual conviction on gun charges.

Police had been unable to solve the 2007 murder of Christopher Horton and Brian Dean in Newport News, Virginia.

Horton, 16, and Dean, 20, were gunned down while sitting on the porch in a town of 180,000 residents which suffered 28 murders that year.

Four years later a detective came upon a video of a local rapper, Antwain Steward - or as he is known to his followers, Twain Gotti.

He had been tipped off one of Steward’s songs, Ride Out, referred to the murders - especially one verse, which ran: “Everybody saw when I (expletive) choked him.
But nobody saw when I (expletive) smoked him, roped him, sharpened up the shank then I poked him, 357 Smith and Wesson big scoped him, roped him."
rbbm.

I agree (cf. my post on the previous page), but the lyrics are somewhat cryptic. It may take blind luck to find Jodi's body.

In the book Dead Air by Beth Bednar, they state that the witness heard Jodi yell out the name John or some type of name that rhymes with John like Don, Ron, etc. The witness could not definitely say the name yelled was John.
Even if she called out that name, I think it would be imprudent to assume that it's the name of her abductor. As someone else pointed out, it's entirely possible that she was calling for help. Maybe someone had been in her apartment that night, and her abductor waited for that person to leave before grabbing her. Jodi may have hoped the person she was calling was still around.

Wonder if LE has made any headway with this fairly recent poi?
Interesting that he had an interest in broadcasting, imo.
rbbm. imo.
25 June 2015
Tony Dejuan Jackson
29F3A45900000578-3138608-image-m-75_1435212583110.jpg
Suspect? A journalist and retired police officer want serial rapist Rony Dejuan Jackson investigated as a possible person of interest in Huisentruit's disappearance. He is currently serving a life sentence for raping three women in 1997

But a former friend is now coming forward to fact check Jackson's story.

The source, who wanted to remain anonymous, told Minneapolis news station KMSP that just before Huisentruit's abduction, he became friends with Jackson since their girlfriends at the time were close.

He says that after playing basketball one day, Jackson asked him out to happy hour drinks, to a bar where he knew Huisentruit was a regular.

'I always wondered, how would he even know that?' the source said.

But the man went along for drinks anyway, walking a few blocks to a bar called the South Bridge Lounge, which has now gone out of business.

Entering through the back door, the source says they walked in and saw Huisentruit sitting at the bar
Jackson allegedly walked right up to Huisentruit and started chatting her up, though the former friend says he was out of earshot to hear the conversation.

While living in Mason City, Jackson attended North Iowa Community College, where he developed an interest in broadcasting while hosting his own student talk show.

His friend figured that he was just trying to get career advice from Huisentruit, and didn't think too much about why he wanted to seek her out that night.
My gut tells me that he probably did it, after all the stuff he's done.

Looking back though, he thinks that Jackson's interest may have been a sign.

'My gut tells me that he probably did it, after all the stuff he's done since,' the source said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-disappearance-approaches.html#ixzz3vqC7wvJd
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Wow, this case makes me so sad. I had never heard of it until now, but I can only imagine the pure horror that this woman must have felt and I think we get a great sense of that based off of how her belongings were strewn about the parking lot. For some reason this case is really sticking with me, maybe it's because of all the recordings that exist of her so she seems like more than just a story to read about, she seems real, and so does the horror she must of felt that night as well as many other nights when she felt like this van was stalking her.

Anyways, you'd think this one would be somewhat of an easy one to solve. If we go by the assumption that the person who kidnapped her that fateful day was indeed a man who had been stalking her, you'd think that someone who knows him would've noticed something suspicious.

1) Obviously this man had an obsession with her and probably would've wanted to watch her morning show and her on the news as much as possible, so if you knew a person who had a compulsive obsession to watch her show that would've been a sign.

2) Her show was on early in the morning, so whomever it was that did this to her would've had to be awake at that time on a regular basis, and they would've had to have that time slot be free in order for them to actually be able to watch her show. So who would have the time and who would have the will to be up that early?

3) If they were indeed stalking her, they chose to kidnap her on her way to work which, to me at least, indicates that they most likely knew her scheduale and if they knew her scheduale they would most likely have been watching her, which further indicates that this person would have the time to watch her in those early hours. So I'm doubting it was someone who started their shift at 6 cause that person probably could not afford to spend hours of the night watching her or else they would be tired for work, and probably wouldn't have the time to watch her at the time her show was on at because they would be at work. Most likely, it seems like it would be a person who doesn't work, or a person who works shifts later on in the afternoon or late morning. To me, it seems possible that they could've worked a shift that was in the afternoon or possibly some sort of night shift where they had the freedom to roam around and do what they wanted because she was kidnapped in the morning on her way to work, instead of kiddnapped on her way home to work, which to me seems like a more logical time to kidnapp someone because no one keeps track of whether or not most people are home after leaving work. When you don't show up for work, your employer notices and calls, but if you come home from work there is no one to make sure that you're there and that you've arrived (especially when you live byyourself) so to me that could be an indication that the kidnapper may not have been able to try to kidnap her at that time because he had things he needed to tend to at that time. (but the kidnapper may also have seen this as a better time to take someone because they knew less people would be around in the parking lot at that time). Either way, we have to remember that most people can't afford to roam around the middle of the night while they stalk and observe someone for long periods of time.

4) This person could own a white van or have access to one.

To me, it just seems like this case could've been solvable. I just wish I could go back in time and try to solve this case myself.

Thanks for the thoughtful post, ddg!
Going to look around and see if Jodi's last few broadcasts are available.
Curious to see if perhaps there was a news item, or something else that Jodi might have said, to " flick a switch" in the perp's mind, or make him think that the timing was right to attack Jodi.
Perp may have been a freelancer and his hours and days varied, or worked late at night and watched early morning tv to chill out before sleep.
Maybe it was even someone who lived nearby and who kept regular hours, but on sleepless nights observed Jodi from a window.
Wonder if her early morning routines, starting car, ect. might have regularly disturbed somebody's sleep, and perhaps, less out of interest in sexually attacking her, just got ticked off, lost his cool and had to hide evidence, ( Jodi ) of his rage?
imo,speculation.

Can You Help? 4 Disappeared Episodes That Have Yet to Be Solved
April 14, 2016
http://crimefeed.com/2016/04/can-you-help-3-disappeared-episodes-that-have-yet-to-be-solved/
135631.083-768x432.jpg

The facts: A co-worker realized that Jodi Huisentruit had failed to show up to her job as a news anchor at KIMT in Iowa at 4AM. When her apartment was called, Jodi answered saying that she had overslept and that she was preparing to leave. But two hours later she had still not arrived, and her co-worker had to fill in for her during Jodi’s morning show Daybreak. KIMT staff called the police at 7AM when she failed to appear. Jodi’s car was still in the parking lot of her apartment complex and there was evidence that there was a struggle near her car. Personal items such as a blow dryer, jewelry, red high heels, and hairspray were strewn about the area. These were items that she usually carried to work, but her tote bag was never recovered. The key to her car was found bent inside the lock on the driver’s side door and drag marks were visible on the rain-soaked pavement. At least three neighbors reported that they heard screams about the same time that Jodi was to leave for work.

To get the full story of Jodi’s disappearance check out her full Disappeared episode here.

Missing since: June 27, 1995
Age in 1995: 27 (47 this year)
Height: 5 feet 3 inches
Weight: 120 lbs
Eyes: brown
Hair color: blonde, medium length
Characteristics: athletic
Location of disappearance: Key Apartments 600 North Kentucky Ave. Mason City, IA

If you have any information about Jodi’s case please reach out to Find Jodi, the Mason City Police Department: Case # 95-08176

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member