IA IA - Johnny Gosch, 12, W Des Moines, 5 Sept 1982 - What happened? - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
missacorah said:
Instinct is telling me to be a little suspicious of this story!
I initially thought that, but then I thought why would someone post this in such great detail if it was a hoax? I mean, what would they get out of it???

There are already a couple of other "Johnny Gosch" threads. I don't understand why this one was started. :waitasec:

I think this makes the 5th thread on Johnny Gosch, and it's becoming all but impossible to follow them, let alone find them, when they are tucked into different forums and folders all over WS.

And that means what Twinkiesmom?

It means DUH he's not the middle aged man with the dark hair. Get it?

julianne said:
I initially thought that, but then I thought why would someone post this in such great detail if it was a hoax? I mean, what would they get out of it???

Perhaps they get a feeling of power and control when so many believe their hoax? It's the same idea behind those 'hackers' who enjoy creating computer viruses.

I can't imagine picking money up off of somebody elses table to hand it to the waitstaff. Sounds a little suspicious.

Did anyone notice on Noreen's site the only picture of her son is very blurry. Is that the only color picture of him they have? The 2nd picture on the doenetwork is black/white. Noreen actually has a clearer picture of herself on her site.

I am sure the dollar bills by both Eugene and Johnny were hoaxes.

thelmadawg said:
Witnesses said that they had seen a middle-aged man with dark eyes, black hair and a mustache talking to Johnny minutes before he disappeared.

(My note: Does the above represent a self described description of Paul Bonnacio (sp?) who claimed to have been one of the two abductors of Johnny Gosch?

No, Paul Bonacci was just a kid himself when he claimed to help kidnap Johnny. The ringleader was an older hispanic male who does fit that description.

Actspeaklouder said:
And that means what Twinkiesmom? Check the web for crimes committed by teenagers. Being young no longer dismisses one from being involved with crimes; according to the last time I read/heard news accounts (which was today). :snooty: It may, very well indeeed, LEGALLY give them a "way out" from they're choices however, teenagers are as much involved in crime as are "adults". TRES pathetic, but a reality

My :twocents:,from looking at both sides (okay,ooookay; so I'm fed up with crime and morons, inclusive of but not limited to some of the "innocent young of our society; an oxymoron, imooc)

:croc:
Yeah, I agree, no one gets off the hook, but it isn't giving into the "victim mentality" to realize Paul was about 10 when he was punked out, turned out and started to work for the ring; he is totally fragmented, DID, etc. When there is no way out, you do what you're told, like it or not.

godzorphan said:
thelmadawg said:
Witnesses said that they had seen a middle-aged man with dark eyes, black hair and a mustache talking to Johnny minutes before he disappeared.

(My note: Does the above represent a self described description of Paul Bonnacio (sp?) who claimed to have been one of the two abductors of Johnny Gosch?

No, Paul Bonacci was just a kid himself when he claimed to help kidnap Johnny. The ringleader was an older hispanic male who does fit that description.
Would this person have been from....Colorado????

HeartofTexas said:
I'm not sure your information is right on that, GO... Fleet and his family were in the oil business and were from California. I don't they ever
lived in Georgia.
I'll do some checking on that...

godzorphan said:
Yes, I understand John Ramsey worked for Fleet White's SMALL computer co. in Georgia - the company got huge (how about that) and John and Patsy were moved to Colorado, where their financial status changed radically. Shortly thereafter they opened ANOTHER computer co. in Amsterdam, Holland...hm.
LOL!!!! And, you call yourself an investigater???

On another site, an individual familiar with branding, tattoos, etc. brought up this point.

A tattoo causes substantial irritation, scabbing, etc., and if the picture showing the lone child in sweatpants with the alleged branding present was a) authentic, b)taken shortly after capture -- there would be irritation, etc. present and quite visible.

Another poster opined that in his/her opinion the mark was clearly the number "10", with yet another poster commenting that if the Perp had several children it could be simply a unique identification mark to avoid speaking specific names with other children present, and or a running count of "catches" victims to date.

Ghastly to think about either way, but an interesting alternative to the branding conspiracy theories.

thelmadawg said:
On another site, an individual familiar with branding, tattoos, etc. brought up this point.
That's from the RI board, I think I posted it here earlier.

FourthBase said:
godzorphan, what's the source for that info?
I've done a little checking and I may have misstepped. I read this info in one of the books that had been written on the Ramsey case. Could very well have been incorrect - the Whites may well have been retired oil executives. Thanks for keeping me on my toes. Most of my info is in boxes due to family deaths and change in direction that required me to backburn most of this. Most of my file cabinet is in my head...99% accurate...occasional bad info!:waitasec:

Still think White could use a little further looking...

i.b.nora said:
LOL!!!! And, you call yourself an investigater???
Um, apparently you think not...may have been wrong on some info...still checking...but FYI I did not call my self an investigater, though I was a Private InvestigaTOR.

And you are.....?

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but I was looking for possible matches for the other 2 in the picture (though I doubt even 1 is JG). Anyway, I remember reading, I think on doenetwork, about a boy who would frequent places that gave food to homeless/street kids. They had a picture of one boy that they took while he was staying there and they were trying to identify him, I believe he was listed under 'unidentified' not 'disappearances'. He was living last time they heard from him but they could not relocate him. He gave them aliases none of which could prove his identity and I think one was Johnny but I can't remember for sure. Does anyone remember this and have a link? I looked through the unidentified males but can't find it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member