Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree and have said the same. I see it as a way the family can cling to hope and feel like they are contributing/leading to something tangible.
I agree also. I think LE is keeping them pretty much in the dark so this is their way of trying to gain some semblance of control. I feel awful for them as I just don’t see this having a Sherri Papini outcome.

I'm so impressed by this family and how they're holding up.

Yes, I get that "fighting" feeling from them. I guess that's what is keeping them going at the moment and keeping them from completely falling apart.

I'm also impressed how Mollie's dad is so supportive of all the LE efforts even though he admits that the family is in the dark. That's got to be a very difficult situation to be in when you *need* to know asap.

I hope they get positive news very soon.

If someone's been hearing odd noises from their neighbor's basement, this reward money would help them move away if turns out that Mollie is being held there. And if not they haven't lost anything for making a call and getting it checked out.

I fell like the family are going to do their own thing since they arent getting answers. I would do the same. No one would be able to tell me to sit back and let someone else find my kid.

"We believe Mollie is still alive. . . . and Mollie was an incredibly strong young woman." (per mom)

Hard to know what to think imo.

LE uses situations where people gather together to observe their behaviors.
<modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that we all read people slightly differently. Guess that is what drives the site and interesting discussions. The vibe I got from the father was a very focused determination and a great emotional connection and relationship with his daughter. I didn't see him as passive in this process at all. I got the sense he respects the efforts and expertise of LE but that he will do whatever he humanly can do to get his daughter home. JMO!

That was my read as well. Dad did a great job...reminds me a bit of John Walsh actually.

Reporter probably said "If you don't want to talk, we'll run a story about how you are a stalker and the police questioned you, and find a photo of you that makes you look guilty of something. That or talk to us now. Hope nobody in the town decides that they're going to play bad cop."

He is a convicted stalker so he should have known they would run with that anyway. That interview did him no favors, but every pic of him I could find he looks exactly as he did there.

Not saying he's guilty obviously but man that guy gives me the creeps. Wouldn't be surprised if he was the first guy they questioned just because of his history.

Pretending he forgot what they asked him already was odd too, could have just given a generic answer.

I'm not sure if I missed part of the PC, but can someone confirm if the Crime Stoppers volunteer, Mollie's parents, and Dalton spoke, but not her brothers? (I am NOT implying anything by this, I'm just trying to figure out if I missed a segment.)

I am sure LE knows that rewards usually bring more useless tips than solutions, but also know that these days, it must be done. Even here people were screaming for a reward, bigger reward etc when they almost never solve a case.

The pig farm must have sounded very promising. The house appears to have been the main target of the search.

A pig farmer said seven [out of 15] FBI investigators arrived at his home last Friday and asked to search it without a warrant. They were there for nearly two hours, taking photos of the interior of the home and also searching his garage. He said investigators then asked to interview him off the property and kept his cell phone overnight to check his records. The farmer has not been charged with a crime and said he “has nothing to hide.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/01/mollie-tibbets-disappearance-total-shock-iowa-residents-say.html

This was the first lead, that we’re aware of, that appeared to have ignited some real interest. We’re yet to hear further about the truck stop where someone saw a person resembling Mollie.
This is from this morning I believe. So far behind. Is this the sighting you are referring to?
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...dent-brooklyn-iowa-ia-missouri-kearney-truck-
{UPDATE, 11:20 A.M.: AUG. 2: An Iowa law enforcement agent said Aug. 2 that the sighting in Missouri was not of Mollie Tibbetts.}

This case, the Missy Bevers case, the Delphi murders, three huge unsolved cases. Are the bad guys just getting that much better then the good guys are at solving them?
Can you imagine this case in say...1980 without cell phones, social media and fitbits? There would literally be no place to even start. Not many outside of Brooklyn, Iowa would even be aware.

In the previous presser (on Wednesday), LE reminded people to use LE, that is, not to be afraid to reach out to them, when/if they hear strange sounds coming from outside their homes.
Wonder if this is a working theory - that Mollie stepped outside to investigate something and was obducted.

The bf has said prior that he opened the SC from Mollie around 10:00 p.m. and the next morning sent her a SC that was never opened. I think that is where the cousin might be confused. She wasn't there, just heard the story. We all know how things can get mixed up with hearsay.
Not to nitpick, but the next morning I believe it was a text. We talked a whoooole lot about read receipts as a result :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore