Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crimestoppers rewards I've seen in the past were for information leading to a conviction (or felony conviction.) It almost sounded at the beginning of the conference (from both Mom & Crimestoppers Rep) that this could be used as a ransom reward? Is this something Crimestoppers has done before?

ETA - meant "were" - my apologies!

I thought that was odd as the Crimestoppers guy seemed to say that the person who's holding Mollie could claim the reward for handing over Mollie safely? Would they be able to give it to a relative or keep it for themselves?

That was my read as well. Dad did a great job...reminds me a bit of John Walsh actually.
I agree, he done a great job and is so focused. You can see his determination to get mollie back. He had a few pauses where you could see he was sad but he carried on. Not everyone has that kind of strength. I know if something happened to me id want my dad to be just like him.

I wonder why they didn't get a warrant? Even if I wasn't guilty of anything, I'd still make them get one.

Sometimes this is done on purpose for a number of reasons. Could be looking at reaction of individual(s) and see if they are willing to allow an open search. Not having a warrant means nothing because if they found evidence of a crime they would have detained said individual and immediately obtained a warrant. My guess is LE already had a firm idea what was going on and doing the search for show or to not miss anything or dismiss any tip given. <modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
In the previous presser (on Wednesday), LE reminded people to use LE, that is, not to be afraid to reach out to them, when/if they hear strange sounds coming from outside their homes.
Wonder if this is a working theory - that Mollie stepped outside to investigate something and was obducted.

Does not explain why the dogs were in the basement.

I thought that was odd as the Crimestoppers guy seemed to say that the person who's holding Mollie could claim the reward for handing over Mollie safely? Would they be able to give it to a relative or keep it for themselves?
Once you get the money, I'm sure it's yours to spend/give however you please. No one would know you even had it.

jmo

This case, the Missy Bevers case, the Delphi murders, three huge unsolved cases. Are the bad guys just getting that much better then the good guys are at solving them?
Can you imagine this case in say...1980 without cell phones, social media and fitbits? There would literally be no place to even start. Not many outside of Brooklyn, Iowa would even be aware.

Absolutely. I'm dumbfounded that, at least for sure in the Missy Bevers and Delphi, IN cases, there is photo, video (likely for both cases), and audio (at least for the Delphi case) evidence of the perp(s), and the investigations are - seemingly - stalled. That is truly chilling and disturbing.

Sometimes this is done on purpose for a number of reasons. Could be looking at reaction of individual(s) and see if they are willing to allow an open search. Not having a warrant means nothing because if they found evidence of a crime they would have detained said individual and immediately obtained a warrant. My guess is LE already had a firm idea what was going on and doing the search for show or to not miss anything or dismiss any tip given. <modsnipped>.

I think what LE clearly doesn't know is where Mollie is..and the may be hoping POI will lead them to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
This case, the Missy Bevers case, the Delphi murders, three huge unsolved cases. Are the bad guys just getting that much better then the good guys are at solving them?
Can you imagine this case in say...1980 without cell phones, social media and fitbits? There would literally be no place to even start. Not many outside of Brooklyn, Iowa would even be aware.
We dont know what evidence they have in delphi murders

I'm not sure I believe the Crime Stoppers official ( sorry forgot his name) when he said that this really wasn't coordinated with LE. I keep going back to the PC LE gave and the question they fielded about a POI...and the non-verbal reaction to that question. I highly doubt that family gets in front of any camera without LE knowing about it and what exactly they are going to say... I really think this is a psy ops operation to flush someone out.. who that is, I haven't got a clue. MOO
I believe Crime Stoppers official was referring to the establishment of the reward and funding it was not coordinated with LE. He then added "LE is not in the business of fund raising."

Last edited:
But if they knock on your door and say they are looking for a missing girl, and time is of the essence, do you say NO, get a warrant? Or do you say 'come in, look around.'

I guess that would depend on how I'd been treated by LE since my crime. If they knock on the door every time something happens I'd make them get a warrant to p*ss them off.

If I was remorseful for my crime (& innocent) I'd bend over backwards to help.

P.S. Thanks for the above line of thought, I am having to sit on my hands for other aspects! It's difficult! But I don't want Harmony after me ;)

My father is a retired police officer, so I’ve heard warnings my whole life and I’ve always been aware of my surroundings, however in the town where I grew up, everyone knew everyone and most were related to one-another. I would have been extremely comfortable accepting a ride from a nice man that was a friend of the family.

I’d be looking at someone in late forties to early fifties. The reason is because I think for a young girl, a father-figure is much less threatening than a younger man when it comes to accepting a ride. Someone could appear so kind and have obsessive uncontrollable feelings that an unsuspecting girl wouldn’t even notice. JMO

Well as far as getting anyone, especially a caring young woman like Mollie, to come outside and investigate, nothing proves more effective than the sound of a crying baby. It's a commonly used ploy in many types of cases. :( Most of these have been proven false such as with the serial killer Derrick Todd Lee from Baton Rouge area. actually his is still "unsubstantiated" as with most lying killers/rapists/killers)
Food for thought and just sad.... I have had over 500 shares with truckers this morning. Chi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member