Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
is there any scenario where the perpetrator was not someone she knew or a local? if so, please explain how/why?

JMO: I think the contact/glasses thing and the possibile walk in the morning are throwing people off. People usually have a box of contact lenses at their home. I’d be looking to see if her contact case was at the boyfriend’s house. If it was gone, it would be a good indicator that she had been planning to spend the night elsewhere. Also, I haven’t seen whether it was mentioned if a phone charger was at the home. Has anyone else seen something about those two things?

As for a walk in the rain, I know for myself personally, I LOVE it when it rains outside. The sound of it is so peaceful and I wouldn’t mind a walk through it in the summertime. Has an umbrella been mentioned at all? She would probably use one if she took a walk that morning. I don’t think that the rain is necessarily something that matters as much.

Just curious, I see a lot of people referring to the perp as “he”. Other than a higher statistical chance of a perp being male, what is driving that idea? We don’t know much in terms of evidence, so what if this was done by a female?
I did think that it’s a possibility that it’s a woman or more than one person.

Are Marion County Court records searchable? Mixed feelings on this guy. Innocent until proven guilty much? Those two reporters made him look pretty bad, not a fan of those kind of interviews. If he is innocent in this case, everyone in hometown has now been reminded of what is in his past.
Yes they are.

Im sorry, i have been gone a few days.... It has taken me forever to catch up.
There was conflicting reports early that there were no longer pigs at the farm. Just by title of the news headlines, I am assuming there are still pigs at the farm being searched does anyone know for sure? Sorry if I missed this.

I just noticed that this town is even smaller than the SMALL town in the Tara Grinstead Case in Ocilla, GA ~3,500 residents vs. Brooklyn, IA ~1,400. Someone definitely knows something.
You'd be surprised, what if it was done by a recluse with no family or friends.

Just curious, I see a lot of people referring to the perp as “he”. Other than a higher statistical chance of a perp being male, what is driving that idea? We don’t know much in terms of evidence, so what if this was done by a female?

I've definitely considered a female. Statistically, that is more unusual, so the assumption is "he." I don't think we can rule it out.

THIS^^^^

What's frightening is WC has two prior stalkings on his record. He could have gone to the house, told Mollie that her family had an emergency and they sent him to drive her over to her Mom's house.

For those who haven't caught up with all of the posts, and don't know who WC is, please see this article:

Iowan With Multiple Stalking Charges Admits To Police Questioning in Search For Mollie Tibbetts

Per Harmony's post, we are allowed to call him WC.
No comment on the interviewee, but that reporter's got some *****.

I really don’t see a perp getting the dogs corraled and into cellar...jmo. Unless very well known to the dogs.

Also supposing he/she simply walked in behind her after the jog...why would she happen to have the red shirt? She would wear it jogging, imo, not if she needed it for work.

But seriously...does anyone know a person her age who would get up, get dressed, put the dogs away etc...and never touch her phone or tablet during that time? She had been seen texting or using phone while jogging, according to one neighbor...that is my sticking point about the morning abduction. But the shirt at night makes no sense either, as well as dogs in cellar (if that is true.)

is there any scenario where the perpetrator was not someone she knew or a local? if so, please explain how/why?

JMO
Sure. Like the perp could have been one of the electric contractor workers that would be showing up right next door to her house every morning early before work. Some worker at the electric Coop Company could have easily patterned her behaviors because her brother said she was a creature of habit and did lots of things the same way each day like jogging same paths and stuff.

Its a safety tip to learn from to alter your movements and actions so nobody can pattern your behaviors.

I’ve seen repeatedly that she was walking to her moms in the morning before work. I don’t think that we know for sure she did that. I recall her brother saying he texted her at 730 am to ask if she needed a ride HOME (which was another reason I initially thought the dinner plans were for Thursday). There was discussion that she already would have been at work by 730 am-so she must have made other plans to get there. But WHO? Prob not a co worker because I think we might have heard that they could not find her in the morning—not that she didn’t show up for work. I also think the contact lens thing is throwing everyone off. I believe only 1 source has indicated that she didn’t have them with her though I might be wrong there.

My thought has always been that she left to walk to her Mom's early in the morning. Maybe 6:30 a.m., maybe 6:45.

That would give her time to get there, have a quick visit and maybe breakfast with her Mom.

She may have headed out to walk towards her Mom's when it stopped raining. But then it started to rain again.

Did a car pull up and offer her a ride? It could have been a community member or not. Perhaps they had been watching her and knew she was alone.

Such a rural area. The houses were not close to one another and they were far off the road.

Mollie had her red shirt with her to change into at her Mom's.

She was wearing her Fitbit and had her cellphone.

Her brother hadn't contacted her yet because it wasn't even 7 a.m. yet.

She didn't have her wallet because she put some cash and her driver's license in with her cell phone or in a pocket.

I don't know anyone who wears contact lenses that doesn't have at least one other pair.

There was no sign of struggle at the house because it happened on the car.

Mollie got in the car, either voluntarily or involuntarily.

This person was waiting for this opportunity.

This person was an "organized" offender (F.B.I. term)

Why did he agree to do an interview, on tv mind you, when he had nothing to say though? Seems odd.

not saying I think it's this guy.
I think he just felt extremely pressure and nervous. I would look like the most guilty person in the universe if I was (somewhat) spontaneously interviewed for anything, let alone a possible homicide case. Especially due to the record. It’s like setting yourself up to be slaughtered by the media regardless of involvement.

I’ll give you an example, although I’m not leaning in this theory. Two years ago a jogger was attacked and murdered in my hometown. It was a very rural area, and there was little reason for someone who didn’t live in the community to be involved. When the case was solved, via DNA, it turned out the suspect was a delivery driver who made deliveries in the area during the week, but lived a couple towns over. On the day of the killing (while off work), he returned to the area, pulled up the road from where the jogger was running, and waited for her to run by. He pulled her into the woods, and beat her to death. There is no evidence they ever met, although he may have seen her jogging previously, while he was on the job, making his deliveries in that town.

I think he just felt extremely pressure and nervous. I would look like the most guilty person in the universe if I was (somewhat) spontaneously interviewed for anything, let alone a possible homicide case. Especially due to the record. It’s like setting yourself up to be slaughtered by the media regardless of involvement.
That's for sure. I feel bad for the guy. unless we find out later he's guilty.

Always possible but to me not very likely. Brooklyn is so tiny if there were random strangers wandering around someone would've seen something. This is rural small townville where everyone knows each other. Would be very difficult for a passerby/drifter/random abductor to go completely unseen unless they were literally passing through at the exact time MT was out jogging, then got her from the home and immediately left the area. A LOT of things have to happen in perfect sequence for that to fit.

Does not strike me as plausible unless there are some major details we don't know yet - which again given how close LE is holding this one - could be the case. My leading theory right now is a local or someone she knew - maybe casually - but knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery