Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MG, I actually do think your theory of her being followed back to bf's house fits with what little we do know...IF a stranger followed her home from her run, they would have then observed that there were no cars in the driveway, potentially seen her walking around alone in the house, etc. If someone surreptitiously trailed and watched her vs. grabbed her from the road during her run, that to me would be more consistent with "stalking" behavior.

THIS^^^^

What's frightening is WC has two prior stalkings on his record. <modsnipped>

For those who haven't caught up with all of the posts, and don't know who WC is, please see this article:

Iowan With Multiple Stalking Charges Admits To Police Questioning in Search For Mollie Tibbetts

Per Harmony's post, we are allowed to call him WC.

Just spoke to Tricia to narrow down the guidelines regarding this article. In addition to the parameters written above we also ask that initials be used for his name as much as possible. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's somebody that knew MT there'd be a decent chance they'd connect their phone up to their wireless network. With no competing wireless signal in that area you'd have a clear indication if another device hopped onto their network through logs on their router. And once you connect to someone's wireless network it most likely authenticates every time it's in range. Even if their cell service is disabled. If I'm LE I really want to see those logs.

MG, I actually do think your theory of her being followed back to bf's house fits with what little we do know...IF a stranger followed her home from her run, they would have then observed that there were no cars in the driveway, potentially seen her walking around alone in the house, etc. If someone surreptitiously trailed and watched her vs. grabbed her from the road during her run, that to me would be more consistent with "stalking" behavior.
What I think would be more likely (but probably still unlikely) is that the guy saw her start her run and noticed no cars in the driveway. Maybe he was a fairly close neighbor, a coworker, the parent of one of the kids, or a friend of one of the 4 who lived there; he could have gone to the door and knocked, and just gone in when nobody answered. If someone had answered, he could have just given some excuse for being there (depending on who he was.) At that point, he could have just sat around waiting for her to get home, but not in a place obvious enough to make her run back out before he could grab her. Then she could have come in and took out her contacts to switch to her glasses, but he could have grabbed her before she got them on. If it was someone connected to work, or who she knew well enough for them to know about her having to wear the red shirt the next day, he may have already gotten it ready to take ahead of time.

A lot of maybes and could haves in there, I know. My biggest problem is that if he was smart enough to grab the shirt to confuse the time line, he probably would have been smart enough to grab her glasses or contacts too. Oh well.

Good evening,

Very interesting that LE has not released any timelime.

They must have some idea from forensics whether Mollie actually spent the night in the house.

Was it her first dog-sitting night alone there? Did they leave food and did she eat it? Or bring other food? Was the bed slept in?

But above all did nobody call to ask if all was ok? She was home-sitting and all alone for 3 people possibly for the first time ever and nobody called her and she didn't call to say everything ok?. And none bothered to ask.

jmo[/QUOTE]
Agreed, unless they cased the house at night, or grabbed her when she walked out of the house in the morning.

The contacts make me believe she was sleeping.
The dogs make me believe she was leaving the house.
The red shirt... leaving the house
Phone... either
Wallet... either
Lack of social media contact... sleeping

Shoes on or off? Are shoes missing from the house?

SG, I can't get past the contacts/glasses being there at the house. I wish we knew what MT's uncorrected vision is...I had terrible vision pre-lasik, and I can tell you I never left my room, much less the house, without wearing either one or the other. I'm also very hung up on the question of the running shoes: were they at the house or not? I don't think LE is going to satisfy our curiosity on that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it just speculation or rumor that a red shirt has been found? I've seen it mentioned elsewhere online but I don't believe it's actually been confirmed that they found anything at that search today.
I've been following this case since the beginning and I sure hope they find her soon.

Mollie Tibbetts search team scours land near Iowa pig farm

Search teams on Thursday afternoon were combing through ditches near a pig farm that federal agents searched almost a week ago in the hunt for missing college student Mollie Tibbetts, after a possible clue to her disappearance -- a red shirt -- reportedly was found nearby.

A person mowing a lawn found the item of clothing near the Lincoln Wildfire Reserve, the reports said earlier Thursday. It was not immediately clear whose shirt it was. Tibbetts worked at a day care; another employee confirmed its workers wear red shirts.

Good evening,

Very interesting that LE has not released any timelime.

They must have some idea from forensics whether Mollie actually spent the night in the house.

Was it her first dog-sitting night alone there? Did they leave food and did she eat it? Or bring other food? Was the bed slept in?

But above all did nobody call to ask if all was ok? She was home-sitting and all alone for 3 people possibly for the first time ever and nobody called her and she didn't call to say everything ok?. And none bothered to ask.
She was essentially spending the summer in the house. Her housemates were out of town, but it was not her first night in the house.

jmo

Absolutely. But the problem is that we still don’t know the answers to basic questions, that would allow us to direct our focus. That’s the frustrating thing. Hopefully tomorrow we get better direction from LE.

Maybe this is deliberate on the part of L.E.

Perhaps to throw off the perpetrator into thinking they don't know which direction to look. Maybe he will make a mistake or a move that will incriminate him.

Just a thought.

I know the red shirt isn't confirmed to be hers but something tells me LE wouldn't send out a 2nd, extensive search in that particular area if it wasn't hers.

Lawn mower sees red t-shirt; calls LE; LE verifies then calls for a second look in area. JMO.

Also, still don't believe Mollie would walk to her mom's house late at night or early in the morning. It is a good 20+ min walk, wouldn't it just be easier to shoot your family a text to pick you up? If this was something she normally did then okay but personally don't see it.

This is really a head scratcher on when/where she disappeared. I would hope LE have that answer through FitBit/iPhone data? Or at least a general idea.

Yes. I’m betting someone picked her up that morning, as scheduled.

WC has me a bit confused, I don’t know what to think of him

There is a garage, though so the perp would not know if there are cars in the garage

Last edited:
This statement makes me wonder who else took notice of Tibbetts' running habits in the neighborhood.

"Collum said he often saw Tibbetts running in the neighborhood but didn't on the night she vanished. He has known her family for years and often sat near them during Mass at the local Catholic church. He said she's not the type of person who would run away, and that he's worried she was the victim of a stalker or a random abduction."

Mother of missing Iowa college student recounts last text she sent to daughter

I think he was the closest neighbor though right, so makes sense that he would have some mental note of her always running by (especially if its at a time where he tends to be outside?). But I don't think I would ever think to differentiate like that (stalker or random abduction) either, how strange!

It wasn't storming during the night, from what I understand. The rain started in the morning.

Do I have that right?

jmo
I posted somewhere the weather reports from the two days. The rain started around 3 or 4 AM. The tornadoes were around 4:30- 5:00 PM that evening (19th). It was very windy though.

Post number 170.

Are Marion County Court records searchable? Mixed feelings on this guy. Innocent until proven guilty much? Those two reporters made him look pretty bad, not a fan of those kind of interviews. If he is innocent in this case, everyone in hometown has now been reminded of what is in his past.
Iowa Courts Online Search

She was working at a daycare center or a daycare camp, correct? Wouldn't it stand to be corrected that she would have interacted with parents of the children since she'd be there watching the children get picked up? I want to find out if the parents have been interviewed?

Have her colleagues been interviewed as well? Do we know how long she had been working there?

Perhaps to throw off the perpetrator into thinking they don't know which direction to look. Maybe he will make a mistake or a move that will incriminate him.

Just a thought.
Oh I have little doubt it’s intentional on the part of LE. I absolutely think they have a lot of the answers to the questions we are asking.

Just a thought.

Very good point. I don’t think the red shirt would just so happen to be randomly laying where they are looking. Seems relatively easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon