Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone took her from the house...would she be carrying the red shirt? If she was wearing it, it must have been morning, imo. But then, as I said before, if she was already dressed, had phone in hand or pocket...I can’t believe she had been up and awake a while and doing no texts, making calls, etc... seems like it woul be an automatic thing, maybe text the BF, text brother about the car or just like a post...

If someone took her from the house...would she be carrying the red shirt? If she was wearing it, it must have been morning, imo. But then, as I said before, if she was already dressed, had phone in hand or pocket...I can’t believe she had been up and awake a while and doing no texts, making calls, etc... seems like it woul be an automatic thing, maybe text the BF, text brother about the car or just like a post...

This made me consider the possibility that she willingly left that evening with someone with possible plans to spend the night elsewhere and get a ride to work in the AM. The glasses/contacts throw a wrench in that but I wouldn't be surprised if she had another pair of contacts. Maybe she left so late in the evening that she put the dogs up and thought that they would be okay until the following day. Maybe she was still wearing work out clothing or something else and brought her work shirt along. Then, something went awry. MOO.

Or that someone was also there in the morning - no chance to use SM. One of them, it seems, fed the dogs for the day. That detail is telling, perhaps.

jmopinion

Additionally, we don't know if there were signs of a struggle at the house. No information about that has leaked, and when asked, I remember the boyfriend stating that he didn't want to reveal information that the LE has asked him not to release. This was in one of the interviews, but I'm not sure which. I'm inclined to believe that she was taken during the night or that she was abducted on her way to her mom's in the morning. I agree that the perpetrator followed her and waited for his/her opportunity. Those are the theories that are staying with me.

"One avenue of thought is that if it wasn't a struggle, and we have found no signs of a struggle, then maybe it was someone she was familiar with," Mortvedt said.

(Mitch Mortvedt is the spokesman for the Iowa DCI.)

Boyfriend of missing Iowa college student cleared as suspect

I suppose so. If it were someone in the mould of a serial killer, I would think it more likely to attack her on the jog, and not wait until she returned home, as appears to be the case. This is an issue I have with the stranger theory, as it is incredibly risky to approach a house, and take someone from there. You don't know if someone else is home, or if someone is going to spot you.

I kind of wonder if the person was a complete stranger. If the person took her in the morning when walking between the two houses, then I could see her willingly getting into the car of someone she was vaguely familiar with- neighbor, nearby business owner, distant family friend. Especially considering it was raining that morning and had been raining quite a bit overnight. I also think this is why LE kept saying that they were "getting to know" Mollie. They are looking for someone like this. When I was growing up in a small town, I knew a lot of shopkeepers and checkout people that I would encounter almost daily. Some of them knew my name, we'd exchange pleasantries. I might accept a ride from one of these people if the weather was bad (when I was 20).

1why would Mollie walk to her mother’s house in the AM if the night had been filled with storms that inspired tornado warnings not far away? Going to work soaking wet would hardly be appealing

Your post just made me think of something, I wonder if Mollie is nervous in bad weather, I have a daughter whom is mature and responsible in every way but in storms and tornado watches especially, she becomes a little girl again and needs to be in the company of others to ride them out. Could Mollie have decided to go home late that night?

I suppose so. If it were someone in the mould of a serial killer/rapist, I would think it more likely to attack her on the jog, and not wait until she returned home, as appears to be the case. This is an issue I have with the stranger theory, as it is incredibly risky to approach a house, and take someone from there. You don't know if someone else is home, or if someone is going to spot you. Edit * I read your post as serial killer instead of stalker.

Agreed, unless they cased the house at night, or grabbed her when she walked out of the house in the morning.

The contacts make me believe she was sleeping.
The dogs make me believe she was leaving the house.
The red shirt... leaving the house
Phone... either
Wallet... either
Lack of social media contact... sleeping

Shoes on or off? Are shoes missing from the house?

Iowa Department of Public Safety
215 East 7th Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50319
www.dps.state.ia.us

DPS_2011_150.jpg

For immediate release:
August 2, 2018

Notice of Press Conference
in Regards to Mollie Tibbetts Investigation

During this press conference updates will be provided regarding the investigative response. Statistical information on missing person cases in Iowa will also be provided. Those expected to speak at the press conference are: Poweshiek County Sheriff Tom Kriegel, DPS Investigative Operations Director Kevin Winker, and Iowa Missing Person Information Clearinghouse Manager Medina Rahmanovic.

WHAT: Press Conference Regarding the Mollie Tibbetts Investigation
WHEN:

Friday, August 3, 2018 at 9:30 A.M. (CST)
WHERE:
Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office
4802 Barnes City Road
Montezuma, IA 50171

Notice of Press Conference

Your post just made me think of something, I wonder if Mollie is nervous in bad weather, I have a daughter whom is mature and responsible in every way but in storms and tornado watches especially, she becomes a little girl again and needs to be in the company of others to ride them out. Could Mollie have decided to go home late that night?

Great theory. Would make sense why she grabbed her shirt and put dogs away. I still can’t account for eyewear.

There are details we are unaware of, but I think there is enough information to come up with some logical assumptions/conclusions.
Absolutely. But the problem is that we still don’t know the answers to basic questions, that would allow us to direct our focus. That’s the frustrating thing. Hopefully tomorrow we get better direction from LE.

ETA: for some reason quote reply isn't working, adding it here:
cluciano63 said:

My response:
And the glasses/contacts issue too - although we don’t know for sure how many pairs of contacts she had, and unless I’ve missed something that has been released by LE saying she has them - that throws a wrench into stuff too. This case has been a lot of “yes that makes sense, except...” when I run scenarios in my head. I just feel like I at least don’t have enough solid and confirmed info to make any really substantial hypothesis.

Last edited:
I watched the familys press conference and was crying. Its the worst thing that can happen to a parent :( i really hope the reward helps someone to come forward. I pray mollies safe but if shes gone we get answers so the family has closure. Sadly i dont think if shes being held she will be released bc shes seen their face but maybe someone who suspects or knows something can tip LE off.

I kind of wonder if the person was a complete stranger. If the person took her in the morning when walking between the two houses, then I could see her willingly getting into the car of someone she was vaguely familiar with- neighbor, nearby business owner, distant family friend. Especially considering it was raining that morning and had been raining quite a bit overnight. I also think this is why LE kept saying that they were "getting to know" Mollie. They are looking for someone like this. When I was growing up in a small town, I knew a lot of shopkeepers and checkout people that I would encounter almost daily. Some of them knew my name, we'd exchange pleasantries. I might accept a ride from one of these people if the weather was bad (when I was 20).
Absolutely a possibility. Maybe the person who took her isn’t close to her, and isn’t a complete stranger at the same time. Someone that she has a connection to, even peripherally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme