Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it just speculation or rumor that a red shirt has been found? I've seen it mentioned elsewhere online but I don't believe it's actually been confirmed that they found anything at that search today.
I've been following this case since the beginning and I sure hope they find her soon.
Last week RAGBRAI rolled through Deep River. If you’ve ever been around RAGBRAI you won’t be surprised when you find clothes in the ditch. Until LE confirms that they found HER red shirt I’m not buying it.

New
Mollie Tibbetts search team scours land near Iowa pig farm

Search teams on Thursday afternoon were combing through ditches near a pig farm that federal agents searched almost a week ago in the hunt for missing college student Mollie Tibbetts, after a possible clue to her disappearance -- a red shirt -- reportedly was found nearby.

A person mowing a lawn found the item of clothing near the Lincoln Wildfire Reserve, the reports said earlier Thursday. It was not immediately clear whose shirt it was. Tibbetts worked at a day care; another employee confirmed its workers wear red shirts.
I had seen that but I thought maybe it was just more bad reporting, like a reporter just repeating what had been seen on SM. But perhaps the reporter did have better information about the shirt.
It does seem like LE had something pretty good to go on for all the searching done there today.

Am I correct that there was no mobile connection for a long time. Not sure, sorry, when the last cutuff was.

I think the white van is a lab/forensic van.

Regarding people knowing her habits - if you live in a small town or the country you will know that being a nosey neighbour is part of the charm. I know what time my neighbour comes to feed her horses and what time certain boarders show up. I noticed my other neighbour got a new gf and when she comes and goes. This is without trying, just being outside and noticing. Both are not even close one being 2 acres away the other at least 1.

These threads are just flying. Perhaps we can try and focus on the discussion as much as possible to reduce the load on the site.

I’m rolling and scrolling but it seems like there’s a little too much roll and scroll lol

re: all the talk about the stalking farmer, Dalton or anyone else appearing "off" during interviews

I would say don't put too much stock in any of that. People react differently during times of crisis, especially if they have a news camera thrust in their face. You also have to remember this is a very small town where locals aren't used to this type of attention and aren't great public speakers to begin with so to our eyes, most will appear strange/off/shifty/etc.

Really means nothing in the grand scheme of things and shouldn't be used as any means of deciphering guilt or innocence imo.

If it's somebody that knew MT there'd be a decent chance they'd connect their phone up to their wireless network. With no competing wireless signal in that area you'd have a clear indication if another device hopped onto their network through logs on their router. And once you connect to someone's wireless network it most likely authenticates every time it's in range. Even if their cell service is disabled. If I'm LE I really want to see those logs.

Ohhh, very good thought indeed!

re: all the talk about the stalking farmer, Dalton or anyone else appearing "off" during interviews

I would say don't put too much stock in any of that. People react differently during times of crisis, especially if they have a news camera thrust in their face. You also have to remember this is a very small town where locals aren't used to this type of attention and aren't great public speakers to begin with so to our eyes, most will appear strange/off/shifty/etc.

Really means nothing in the grand scheme of things and shouldn't be used as any means of deciphering guilt or innocence imo.
I couldn’t agree more. He exhibited a ton of pacifying behavior (a physical attempt to comfort yourself when stressed) but there are numerous causes that aren’t nefarious. He may just hate cameras and crowds.

SG, I can't get past the contacts/glasses being there at the house. I wish we knew what MT's uncorrected vision is...I had terrible vision pre-lasik, and I can tell you I never left my room, much less the house, without wearing either one or the other. I'm also very hung up on the question of the running shoes: were they at the house or not? I don't think LE is going to satisfy our curiosity on that point.

I know this has been mentioned but it's possible she had an extra set of contacts. I sleep in mine but carry a spare anytime I'm leaving overnight. JMO.

Absolutely. But the problem is that we still don’t know the answers to basic questions, that would allow us to direct our focus. That’s the frustrating thing. Hopefully tomorrow we get better direction from LE.

I think LE wants to prevent the kind of social media circus that often surrounds these kinds of cases, and does more harm than good. They want to protect their investigation and keep the distractions to a minimum. IMHO....LE has a strong theory and probably a POI but as good investigators do they are not completely closed off to other possibilities. Since LE has more information than we do about Mollie's case maybe it's better to just trust in what they're doing. If they needed to give out more info....they would.

Just curious, I see a lot of people referring to the perp as “he”. Other than a higher statistical chance of a perp being male, what is driving that idea? We don’t know much in terms of evidence, so what if this was done by a female?
It’s certainly possible, but mathematically it’s so much more likely to be a male, it’s just easier (and likely correct) to use that pronoun. It’s a valid point though, and certainly worth considering.

Are Marion County Court records searchable? Mixed feelings on this guy. Innocent until proven guilty much? Those two reporters made him look pretty bad, not a fan of those kind of interviews. If he is innocent in this case, everyone in hometown has now been reminded of what is in his past.
Why did he agree to do an interview, on tv mind you, when he had nothing to say though? Seems odd.

not saying I think it's this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member