Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They weren't mentioned, so I guessing she had them with her.
I think that's a big deal as it demonstrates whether or not she was taken from her home or if it happened during a walk. A perp may grab the phone and identification but I guarantee they don't grab the headphones. And if they are Airbuds the last location can be found using find my iPhone.

Someone could have come in the house while she was sleeping, chloroformed her, put the dogs away and drove away with her.
It's not my first choice of what happened but it could just be that simple.
But.....to my knowledge the house hasn't been taped off as a crime scene. I would think if LE or FBI thought someone entered the home to take her they would be looking for all kinds of things representing someone was in there other than a house member.
With respect to the house being taped off and searched I don’t think we know for sure. But if it hasn’t, then this investigation has been horribly bungled. I can’t imagine that’s the case however, because the house is the epicenter of this investigation.

^^^This is what I don't understand. Why didn't LE initially treat the house as a potential crime scene? At what point in time did LE search that house? Did LE have to obtain a search warrant for the home or did the homeowners give LE permission to search it right away? Was any evidence gathering and/or testing, etc., done on windows, doors, etc.?

LE believed she disappeared while jogging but they would have taken a look at the house for corroboration . The house was intact and there wasn't any evidence a crime occurred there. And the house hasn't been deemed a crime scene after the fact so I have to assume that a crime did not occur there. Whether a search warrant was required or the occupants gave permission is unknown but LE would have checked it out - no question.

BTW, the FBI would have made their inspection as well. Two separate law enforcement agencies have not deemed it a crime scene so I think it's fair to say that she disappeared while she was away from the house.

We don't know that the red shirt found belongs to Mollie do we? Albeit, what are the odds of finding a red shirt at the side of the road when we're looking for a red shirt? I'll bet it was planted by someone.

Are we sure that a red t-shirt was found? Wouldn't police search the side of the road even if the t-shirt was found on a nearby property. Was a t-shirt was found near someone's lawn?

Why would we think the t-shirt was planted?

Well I think it’s good to explore all possibilities, and that is one of them. Although I absolutely disagree that this is anything other than foul play.
There is not one scintilla, even a hint, that she had mental health issues. So I think until family or LE say's different, it's cruel to suggest, she herself is the perp. jmo. I don't believe it for a NY minute.

With respect to the house being taped off and searched I don’t think we know for sure. But if it hasn’t, then this investigation has been horribly bungled. I can’t imagine that’s the case however, because the house is the epicenter of this investigation.

Wasn't there a search warrant (for the house) when she first disappeared?

I'm not sure it's the epicenter but maybe.
I 'm pretty sure The Jack brothers and the fiance have been living there during all of this and it hasn't been taped off as a crime scene but I could be wrong. I would be scared to spend the night there tho. It would seem to vulnerable to me. I would definitely be sleeping with my rifle at my side and my pistol under my pillow, my dog on my bed. But that's just me.

I can't that believe suicide is even being speculated about. I hate when that happens on threads like this. I feel like it's almost the same as pointing the finger at persons who have not been named a suspect in the case, only worse because it Mollie herself.
Fair to or not, suicide is first thought here. Always it is the question, always a suspect.

And here there is that question of marriage also, in background.

Basically duties to one's self, or to expectation. These things haunt like ghosts.

LE believed she disappeared while jogging but they would have taken a look at the house for corroboration . The house was intact and there wasn't any evidence a crime occurred there. And the house hasn't been deemed a crime scene after the fact so I have to assume that a crime did not occur there. Whether a search warrant was required or the occupants gave permission is unknown but LE would have checked it out - no question.

BTW, the FBI would have made their inspection as well. Two separate law enforcement agencies have not deemed it a crime scene so I think it's fair to say that she disappeared while she was away from the house.

The house was excluded as a crime scene because everything appeared as it should if Mollie left voluntarily, worst case scenario she was abducted during her run. After looking into her digital signature, it looks like she may have returned home and been abducted between 10PM and 6AM.

Maybe police should look for blood at the home. A luminol test might give insight to whether anyone was bleeding in the house at any time.

There is not one scintilla, even a hint, that she had mental health issues. So I think until family or LE say's different, it's cruel to suggest, she herself is the perp. jmo. I don't believe it for a NY minute.
It annoys me as well, and I absolutely have ruled it out. But I don’t think it’s wrong to not atleast entertain the possibility, especially early on in the case. I wouldn’t write about it on here, because I think it is so unlikely that it’s not worth considering.
I'm not sure it's the epicenter but maybe.
I 'm pretty sure The Jack brothers and the fiance have been living there during all of this and it hasn't been taped off as a crime scene but I could be wrong. I would be scared to spend the night there tho. It would seem to vulnerable to me. I would definitely be sleeping with my rifle at my side and my pistol under my pillow, my dog on my bed. But that's just me.
If we are going with the theory that she made it back from her jog, then the house is central to all of this. It is the last place we know she was before she disappeared, which makes it important, even if there was no forensic evidence obtained. I read that the house is once again occupied, but that would have been after it was cleared by police.

I wonder if she put the dogs in the basement while she was studying so they would leave her alone. I know sometimes I'll put mine out back so they'll stop asking me for something so I can get to what I want to.

It annoys me as well, and I absolutely have ruled it out. But I don’t think it’s wrong to not atleast entertain the possibility, in the beginning of a case. I wouldn’t write about it on here, because I think it is so unlikely that it’s not worth considering.
I also know, I would find it a tad more than "annoying" to read if it was my child being discussed . ( which is why I find it so heinous. Family has enough on their troubled minds already).

Otto
I feel like the dogs being put away makes it more likely she made it to the morning
After she makes it back from the run I can't think of why the dogs are put back in basement unless she is leaving for the day

Somewhere I saw that Mollie was an animal lover and would have slept with the dogs upstairs with her. If they were found in the basement, she put them there when she left for the day. IMO.

I also know, I would find it a tad more than "annoying" to read if it was my child.
Law enforcement wouldn’t be doing their job if they didn’t investigate this possibility, regardless of the feelings of family members who know better. I see where you are coming from, but I think it’s wrong to let sentiment get in the way of objective thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member