Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Mollie's "work" at the daycare one and the same as her internship at the Grinnell Regional Medical Center? Is that what generated her online homework?
. . . and working on homework late into the evening really contradicts a suicide theory for me.

I have read that her homework was online. Her job was working with children at the Medical Center, so if her internship was at the Medical Center, makes sense that it was also her job.

Online homework could be : read an article or meet with a group followed by online discussion. It's possible she had to login for an online meeting.

Either way, it seems that this happened after the run.

What strikes me is that no one theory can account for the facts as we know them currently. The shirt, the run, the dogs, the ride to work, the lack of eyewear, the Fitbit? We always are left with a piece that doesn’t fit. We’re missing something. Hopefully LE has it.

What strikes me is that no one theory can account for the facts as we know them currently. The shirt, the run, the dogs, the ride to work, the lack of eyewear, the Fitbit? We always are left with a piece that doesn’t fit. We’re missing something. Hopefully LE has it.

If Mollie's red t-shirt was found 15 miles from her home, that's a fact that has significance given that the same area was searched a week ago.

The run happened before anything happened, and an intruder would tell her to get rid of the dogs. The ride to work was not sorted out because something happened before Mollie sorted it out. Eyewear seems uncertain. What are we missing?

I came up with the one, but I don't think it's real convincing.

What happened? Why are there two locations related to Mollie : home, Guernsey.

Attachments

• Mollie 11.jpg
    Mollie 11.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 21
Well, if nothing major comes to light at the pc tomorrow, I'm planning to spend some time digging through articles trying to find any references to LE searches at the bf's house. I sure would like to know when and how extensively that property (including yard and driveway) were examined for evidence.

*O/T, but if there's anyone here who hasn't ever visited The Springfield 3 thread, that case is both extremely fascinating and exasperating. I first heard about it watching an episode of "Disappeared" re: TS3. It is nothing short of mind-boggling when you hear how/what people did to contaminate the evidence at that house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if nothing major comes to light at the pc tomorrow, I'm planning to spend some time digging through the online articles tomorrow to try to find any references to LE searches at the bf's house. I sure would like to know when and how extensively that property (including yard and driveway) were examined for evidence.

*O/T, but if there's anyone here who hasn't ever visited The Springfield 3 thread here, that case is both extremely fascinating and exasperating. I first heard about it watching an episode of "Disappeared" on TS3. It is nothing short of mind-boggling when you hear how/what people did to contaminate the evidence at that house.
There’s endless examples of law enforcement either contaminating a scene or allowing it to be contaminated. This type of thing has damaged and destroyed countless cases. This is especially true in small departments, that are not used to dealing with complex violent crimes. We can only hope that this department didn’t allow that to happen, especially early in the investigation, before they knew what they were dealing with, and before outside help was called in.

Occam's would say she is dead (people missing this long have more chance of being dead than alive) and that she was killed by someone she knew as opposed to a stranger (most murder victims know their killer).
Certainly on the second but unsure of the first. Some living people have been missing for a very long time. Their cases just don't dominate media as Mollie's and others do.

Well, if nothing major comes to light at the pc tomorrow, I'm planning to spend some time digging through the online articles tomorrow to try to find any references to LE searches at the bf's house. I sure would like to know when and how extensively that property (including yard and driveway) were examined for evidence.

*O/T, but if there's anyone here who hasn't ever visited The Springfield 3 thread here, that case is both extremely fascinating and exasperating. I first heard about it watching an episode of "Disappeared" on TS3. It is nothing short of mind-boggling when you hear how/what people did to contaminate the evidence at that house.
The Springfield 3 haunts me.

I think that in a few years this case may be fodder for a podcast about the unsolved.

ETA
(Speaking of haunting notions.)

Certainly on the second but unsure of the first. Some living people have been missing for a very long time. Their cases just don't dominate media as Mollie's and others do.
That’s true. But in many of those cases, the victims lead high risk lifestyles and find themselves drawn into sex trafficking. Some are runaways who have fallen into addiction. It’s rare for a person of Mollie’s background to simply disappear. Of course there are examples like Elizabeth Smart, but that is comparatively rare.

I don't think she made it to the next morning. I'm about 10 years older than Mollie and NO ONE her/my age is up getting ready in the morning without checking their phone, maybe liking something on facebook or whatever. This would be entirely traceable. The fact that there was even any confusion that she might have gotten abducted on her run shows me they know she wasn't around the house in the morning.

Ok, so if she disappeared the night before, why did the shirt for the next day also disappear? So she was alone at the house. When I'm alone, I'm often minimally clothed, ESPECIALLY in the hot days of summer. Lets say she was maybe studying and had the dogs locked up to focus, or was about to take a shower, or was even asleep-- any one of these scenarios could be done with minimal clothing. So she's at her desk naked or in a bra, perp either comes in and demands she comes with (and she throws on her shirt for the next day) or she hears something outside and throws on the shirt. Out of habit she has the phone with her. She has on the next days shirt because it was out and the fastest thing to grab.

Could she have been taking out the garbage cans or putting them back that morning? Could it have been a garbage day? Could she have run out to the mailbox?

That could explain why the glasses/contacts were left behind & dogs were put away w/ food & water.

Another question about the timeline: 1) did they find her pajamas or her jogging clothes from the previous night? All I have heard about is the red shirt. Did she normally eat breakfast before work? Any dirty dishes or food wrappers indicating she ate dinner or breakfast there at the house?

Hey guys any conversation about the interview with W C?

And what happened with the searches today? Any other info besides the fact that they have been searching hard in a square mile radius? And someone found a red shirt? And the reward skyrocketed?

Also, I really want to thank everyone who gave me updates on the last thread. I tried to quote to thank you all directly but I got shut out!

It was very kind. Much appreciated!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members