Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tips are coming in regularly. No info if tips increased after reward.

Will not speak about whether they have suspects, POI. All leads are valuable.
they could at least say we got a person of intetest but not ready to release names

I still think that being this tight lipped means they're looking at someone local. I think they DO have a pretty good idea of what happened and whatever evidence they have is VERY specific and would start the gossip mill raging. If they didn't know, I think they would say that at this point. They would be begging for info - they're not doing that.

Avg 30-40 working the case every day. We are constantly evaluating what information should be released and what shouldn't. We recognize that this is frustrating but believe it gives us the best opportunity to resolve this investigation.

Says frustrating for everyone - investigators, family & friends of Mollie. Investigation has not slowed down at all.
He sounds frustrated. It's gotta be tough when you're an experienced LEO and working with a bunch of highly qualified LEOs and have made a decision that you feel is in the best interest of the investigation but it makes people question your capabilities...

I still think that being this tight lipped means they're looking at someone local. I think they DO have a pretty good idea of what happened and whatever evidence they have is VERY specific and would start the gossip mill raging. If they didn't know, I think they would say that at this point. They would be begging for info - they're not doing that.
I agree 100%

Who makes the ultimate call whether or not to share information with public in cases like this? Is it someone like Winker or would it be lead investigator(s)? Just wondering who is making that call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicky Trout