Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting take on situation. My take is slightly different in that I believe that he is a career pro and doesn't really care too much about what public or press thinks about the situation as his job #1 is to find MT. What I found off though was that he claimed to not have some basic information (told one press person would have to get back to them on a basic question and no knowledge of what was found at site yesterday). In comparison to the other day, I didn't find the main speaker compelling in that he didn't seem to know the even some basic details of what we have seen play out in MSM video. The frustration we both sensed from him today could have been simply from the never ending questions when the stated response at the beginning of the PC was the same as articulated at the prior PC or perhaps he was frustrated because he is 'out of the loop' with the rest of the investigation and so was put in position of facing the press with limited information? I didn't think today was his finest hour by a long shot. I am curious who exactly is leading this investigation (State or Feds?) and why the press didn't ask for clarification on issue. Its odd in a sense to not see the FBI front and center when my guess is that they are leading the charge. Curious what others think on this issue. It was certainly another odd PC IMO!

I agree.. why is there confusion about what she was last seen jogging in? Also why say he didn't have any information about a shirt? Why not just say " no comment"

The 10-ish PM non-received Snapchat has always perplexed me. It was as if the BF was subtly signalling that this was unusual since he was already in bed and didn't see it until he awoke the next AM. Like perhaps they had already said 'goodnight' for the night. So I wonder if she sent it under duress, or whatever she sent was so out of the norm that it alarmed him?

I can’t keep up with this(ese) thread(s). Every time I think I’ve caught up, I have to go do something, like bathe, and then I get pages behind again. Forgive me, this is long, but here are my thoughts...

I believe Mollie left voluntarily with someone she knows. I think she made it home from her jog, maybe showered, ate something, got ready for bed, did some homework then went on SC. I am certain DJ was not the only person she was SCing with. Why? Because I have teenagers...SnapChat is constant, that’s how kids keep in touch these days. So, I think she connected with someone on SC and that person said something like “you around? Let’s hang out” or “wanna go cruising?” Mollie was bored and said “sure, why not”. She thinks it’s fine, but the person has sinister intent. IMO, LE hopefully knows everyone she was SCing with, but does not know the content of those SCs. From that, they had to determine ‘who was in Brooklyn that night’. Narrowing from there, through interviews and, probably cell phone data.

I know at some point along the way, the Blaze Bernstein case has come up (Found Deceased - CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1), and I just want to highlight the parallels. Blaze was home from college on winter break, when he disappeared from his parents’ home late one night. Parents didn’t realize he was missing until the next morning, when he failed to show at an appointment. When they checked his room, they found his wallet and glasses, but not his cell phone. (https://mynewsla.com/orange-county/...isappearance-of-college-student-from-oc-park/) Though I cant find the link, IIRC, they found SnapChat open on his computer (his cellphone was in the shop and he was borrowing someone else’s), and they could see that he had sent his address to someone he had known from middle or high school. They got in touch with that guy, who had a story to be sure. He said he had picked up Blaze that night and taken him to a nearby park, where Blaze went into the park to meet a 3rd person and never returned. Blazes body was later found in a shallow grave in that park, and the ‘old friend’ was arrested. In that case, Blaze left voluntarily with someone he thought he could trust, but he wound up murdered.

In Mollie’s case, since she was likely snap chatting on her phone, they didn’t have immediate access to her snaps, but I’m sure LE has since gotten anything they could get from Snapchat. Hopefully, they’ve narrowed in on a POI.

In Blaze’s case, classmates described SW (the accused murderer) as odd. Turned out, he was beyond odd. But it will not surprise me if Mollie befriended someone who was a bit of an outcast, that person became fixated on her and took the opportunity, with Mollie home alone, to lure Mollie away. We can only hope s/he is holding Mollie alive.

What is with the “reason” she is missing being asked by LE again? Most tims, if an abduction, only the perp knows the reason. If this were a ransom case (almost unheard of in US) the reason would be money. So,what are they asking for??
Majority of abductions of young woman have a sexual motive of some kind...but keaving it at “what is the reason” she is missing leaves door open that she left and they do not know why. Why would the public know “the reason”.

Not true. It is a very rural area with miles and miles of remotes sites. No video, no phone reception even. Open spaces and menacing skies. No witnesses for miles.

So true. I live in a very rural state, and until you have been lost out in the middle of nowhere with nothing around for miles and miles as far as the eye can see, you have no idea how desolate and unsettling it can be.

if they are able to confirm the shirt is mollie's and if they are able to confirm an additional person's DNA, i think LE should ask for voluntary DNA samples. would be pretty obvious who would and wouldnt step up in a small town.

Look at the non-denials. The PI of LE knows what is up. He has focused on a perp and waiting for the person to break or for lab results to point more to that person.
Didn’t the one man who was interviewed refer to seeing her in a “black sports bra”?

That is very interesting. I still don’t feel that this is random, but an easy place to maybe plant or simply dump something would be at a truck stop. For all we know, it could be that someone left their wallet and it was found or something along those lines.

A baby was dumped at an Iowa truck stop, not long ago. Middle of winter. Luckily someone heard it cry.

There are not 'eyes on' in rural areas.

4. Just some immature knucklehead that thought it would be funny to toss a red shirt alongside the road.

I seem to remember a Disney dress being found during the Caylee Anthony searches - it turned out not to be hers IIRC. We have no way of knowing how long, what style/type this shirt was if it was found as reported in the news but not really confirmed by LE but in thinking back to that map with the labels that was posted last night - it is disturbing that the shirt was found (if true) in that area - if I knew how to do it, I would add a pin to the map with the alleged shirt in question. By now, they have the fitbit information, the cell phone pings, they know when hers stopped and anything that was synced up to the cloud. IMHO they know quite a bit and there is a very good reason they won't be sharing it. I remember searching for Caylee and she was found right near the home. I pray that is not the case here and Mollie is going to be found alive. Elizabeth Smart was and look who ended up holding her - a handyman employed by the family.

Agreed.

Hate to be off topic on a busy moving thread but is tapatalk no longer available to read and post here at WB? It keeps telling me I can’t.. TIA
I've had the same trouble. I even uninstalled and reinstalled tapatalk to no avail. So, I'm also assuming WS cannot be accessed there in the new format.

Admittedly I joined WS for the MT case as I'm sure a number of others have. My only hope is that everyone who joined for this case stays around after it's conclusion because there are many other missing people out there who need attention. Between work and family, I have only been able to hone in on the MT case (also due to it's size and speed of posts) but over the weekend I'm going to spend time reviewing other missing person's threads and would hope that many if not all of the other newbies like myself would do the same.

This place is so refreshing after viewing many other forums or public discussion places on the case - which I refer to as the "scary boards". I was about to give up trying to find a place to discuss it after reading "THE BOYFRIEND DID IT" from someone who only watched a two minute news clip on the case when I found WS. Great job everyone - still hoping against the odds for a positive outcome for MT on this one.

Did this small town know of WC prior history of stalking? I'm thinking they did. Stalking can be done for a multiple of reasons and reporting it can also be done for a multitude of reasons. If the town already knew of it it doesn't seem like there's talk of him being the town's main suspect so I think there is a story to his history that is believed by the town.

Having trouble keeping up but getting a firmer sense on some things. The PCs are very intentional even though they are not giving info, preventing the suspect from getting comfortable with the fact that he may have gotten away with it. The more rattled the suspect, the better the chance of a mistake. I get the impression even the placement of the BF behind the podium so he was constantly in frame was deliberate. The fact that he has been in the interviews with her dad lately too, I don't think the comments from the homeowner about encouraging the BF to propose and the dad about pushing her to make him his son-in-law randomly came up, I think they are just as intentional as everything else. With the constant reminder of the BF they are sending a message to the suspect, I still contend this is someone they both know.

Did this small town know of WC prior history of stalking? I'm thinking they did. Stalking can be done for a multiple of reasons and reporting it can also be done for a multitude of reasons. If the town already knew of it it doesn't seem like there's talk of him being the town's main suspect so I think there is a story to his history that is believed by the town.
i tend to agree with this. i think our POI may end up not being such an obvious answer - still someone mollie knew/in town but not someone that is an obvious suspect in the classic way (re the husband/boyfriend or person in town w a record)

My last post was in response to Jkloc420, I don't know if that was clear. I'm not sure how to respond directly to a statement so sorry for any confusion.

I don’t think it’s unprecidented just cautious. Maybe a suspect is known to be listening or watching. I believe they will find her. I just don’t think it will be alive.

Can anyone share the pig farmers name? I’m lurking trying to get my house in order. I’ve git layers of dust on dust and can’t stand it.

A thousand thank you’d. We have such a good and diverse group of posters here.

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
Info on the farm owners was discussed extensively yesterday so just scroll back in the threads. Ditto for farm searched previously.

Yes, the mother stated she thought it may have happened the next day because she couldn't find the red shirt anywhere. After that, focus was on her jogging attire and the belief that she went missing during her run. Family members and a neighbor said investigators told them she returned to the house and was doing homework until late into the night but I don't think LE ever confirmed it. I agree with your theory that she went missing that night between 12:00 and 6:00. There were heavy rains on and off at that time making it less likely someone would here a car or dogs barking. If she were forced out of the house at gunpoint or knife there may not have been any signs of a struggle. The abductor could have ordered her to put the dogs in the basement. We don't know yet what evidence they may have found in the house.

St
You dont find it odd one party mentions it and the other party barely mentions it. Just an observation and sounds like a set up

Re: Shirt found.

The night/morning she went missing there was bad weather in Iowa. Severe tornadoes hit not very far from her home. Perhaps even power out.

I seriously doubt an animal carries a shirt away. Why? However tornado winds carry objects miles away. A red shirt could be something could be nothing. However it is very suspicious.

Would also note those storm swollen rivers move very very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico