Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shirt found.

The night/morning she went missing there was bad weather in Iowa. Severe tornadoes hit not very far from her home. Perhaps even power out.

I seriously doubt an animal carries a shirt away. Why? However tornado winds carry objects miles away. A red shirt could be something could be nothing. However it is very suspicious.

Would also note those storm swollen rivers move very very fast.

Just an angle I'm not sure has been discussed or is even relevant anymore... Maybe the dogs were in the basement because they get nervous in storms. My Labrador has to be locked up and given sedatives so she doesn't hurt herself. If MT knew the dogs were nervous and there were storms in the area, she could have locked them up that night.

The 10-ish PM non-received Snapchat has always perplexed me. It was as if the BF was subtly signalling that this was unusual since he was already in bed and didn't see it until he awoke the next AM. Like perhaps they had already said 'goodnight' for the night. So I wonder if she sent it under duress, or whatever she sent was so out of the norm that it alarmed him?

BBM

He said he opened the snap about 10PM. Boyfriend of missing college student not a suspect

Around 10 p.m. last Wednesday, Jack opened a SnapChat message from his girlfriend. He said when he opened it, he expected to talk to her again soon.

"It was just a selfie with a caption, and I don't remember what the caption said," he said. "It looked like she was inside."

It's unclear what time Tibbetts sent the message, but Jack told ABC News that it would have been part of her routine to go running a few hours before the time he opened it.

You dont find it odd one party mentions it and the other party barely mentions it. Just an observation and sounds like a set up
I think it is odd and it means something. Like they didn't want to reveal that she went missing from the house. But I'm not sure what you mean by set up

Perhaps i made my previous post too over worded. The electric co-op next to her house accepts payments via a dropbox, at any time. Not just during their business hours. Someone could have driven and parked right outside her house / the cop-op, at any time. That person would have been among the payment records of customers who payed by check or cash that week. Please tell me that's been considered/investigated already.

That is really good thinking! I'm sure they have a camera on site too... Almost all businesses do nowadays. Maybe there is video of all the vehicles there plus maybe a patch of the road in front. Good thinking!

Did this small town know of WC prior history of stalking? I'm thinking they did. Stalking can be done for a multiple of reasons and reporting it can also be done for a multitude of reasons. If the town already knew of it it doesn't seem like there's talk of him being the town's main suspect so I think there is a story to his history that is believed by the town.

Yep. That's what I was trying to say earlier. You stated it much better, imo.

SBM
Also, they confirmed that she was last seen in her running gear which would disprove some of our theory about something happening in her work clothes (i.e. red shirt) on the walk to her mothers that morning or being in her pjs.

"Last seen" does not necessarily equate to what she was wearing when she disappeared.

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time posting.

I have a thought about this red shirt that may or may not have been found. Often, when something oversized is being hauled over the road, something red is tied to the back of the load so other drivers notice. Could it be possible that this red shirt turned up because it came off someone's load and has zero to do with MT?

My 2p on theories is that she was snatched by someone locally who was likely known to her, in at least a passing sort of way because it is such a small area and remote. It just seems unlikely that someone would turn up in Brooklyn, Iowa, and happen to come across Mollie at just the perfect time to snatch her and not leave one iota of evidence.

I like ole Winkle. I think the FBI is running this behind the scenes and the no info press conferences are very delicately orchestrated ballets of deception.

For those questioning whether an animal could have carried a shirt from one point to another, I believe it's entirely possible. I'm in a scavenger hunt kind of group and one of our "hunts" was an object in a small black velvety bag covered with rocks so that it wouldn't be accidentally found by a passer-by. When it was found by one of the members of our group it was no longer under the rocks and was sitting several feet away.

JMO
This response really bothered me.
He either flat out lied to the public or he should have known about the red shirt that was talked about all day yesterday by numerous sources.

If he really did not know about it then I am now concerned about how in touch he is with the investigators.

Could be that he's intentionally out of touch to avoid slipping info. Moo.

Question: was a red shirt found: “I don’t have that information with me, I would have to go back and look...”

Really....

HORRIBLE, just horrible. Either they found it or they didn't. Can anyone tell me why saying anything that would stop the rumor mill as well as give the public anything they can draw confidence in their LE would be bad?

If the point of the PC was to educate the public - FAILED
If the point of the PC was to encourage the public - FAILED
If the point of the PC was the inform the public - FAILED

OK I give up - what was the point today? And doing it late? WOW.

what was the condition of the shirt?
if there were Tornado and all kinds of bad weather in there , then that shirt will be like a rug dry already not unless something is covering it
The more I think about this the more emerges.

You know what happens in rural areas with torrential rains? Runs right off (the ground is very hard there) and flows into the ditches. Basically ditches turn into creeks (or cricks in Iowa :) )

Animals in farmland don't carry object far, too many obstructions; not like ranches. But I have seen tons of clothing carried away by rivers and creeks.

Something is bothering me about the Snapchat...Mollie sent her BF a snapshot photo, did he reply?

I think it is odd and it means something. Like they didn't want to reveal that she went missing from the house. But I'm not sure what you mean by set up
They may have been withholding evidence so as to trap a POI into cornering himself regarding an alibi. If that makes sense

I really think this most likely happened with someone Mollie knew and trusted. It just makes the best and easiest sense to me. I'm not naming anyone plus I wouldn't know who to name if I could. I do wonder if others know and are keeping their mouths shut due to protecting a loved one or out of fear. This is a small town and people stick together. But, if there was talk in this small town I would think LE would hear of it too. Anyway, I have a feeling this will hit close to home. jmo

During the Friday presser:

No one during this presser uttered the phrase, "We believe Mollie is still alive."

I assume she means statistics because it certainly doesn't mean on-going investigation results or even facts?

I interpret that as they believe MT knew her abductor.

He did not say, "confirm or deny", but also included, "or try and draw conclusions about what the investigation shows at this time." In other words, yes, but he remained true to form and muddied that part of the pond.

During his remarks, RT commented toward LC that maybe she should comment regarding providing details about the reward funding process. When RT finished his comments and walked away from the podium it appeared LC was about to approach the podium but at that moment Kevin Winker ended the presser with an, "Alright. Thank you, folks." comment.

The sense of urgency was gone. The sense of hope and energy was gone. In fact, it was somber.

I interpret that as indication they have evidence that points to MT not being alive.
Oh dear. If it was her shirt and blood on it, then that would explain the somber tone today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico