Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll give you an example, although I’m not leaning in this theory. Two years ago a jogger was attacked and murdered in my hometown. It was a very rural area, and there was little reason for someone who didn’t live in the community to be involved. When the case was solved, via DNA, it turned out the suspect was a delivery driver who made deliveries in the area during the week, but lived a couple towns over. On the day of the killing (while off work), he returned to the area, pulled up the road from where the jogger was running, and waited for her to run by. He pulled her into the woods, and beat her to death. There is no evidence they ever met, although he may have seen her jogging previously, while he was on the job, making his deliveries in that town.

Horrible, but delivery drivers wouldnt have been delivering during the time that Mollie went missing....

I really don’t see a perp getting the dogs corraled and into cellar...jmo. Unless very well known to the dogs.

Also supposing he/she simply walked in behind her after the jog...why would she happen to have the red shirt? She would wear it jogging, imo, not if she needed it for work.

But seriously...does anyone know a person her age who would get up, get dressed, put the dogs away etc...and never touch her phone or tablet during that time? She had been seen texting or using phone while jogging, according to one neighbor...that is my sticking point about the morning abduction. But the shirt at night makes no sense either, as well as dogs in cellar (if that is true.)

JMO
Yeah if that is her shirt that was allegedly found then I am leaning towards she was getting ready for work in the morning and someone took her. Either her ride or went to the door and she opened door and maybe went outside to talk or just to take out trash or something.

I've definitely considered a female. Statistically, that is more unusual, so the assumption is "he." I don't think we can rule it out.
I use the pronoun "he" because of statistics (though, of course, it's not a sure thing the perp is a male).

And...I've considered the possibility that a female knows or suspects someone close to her. A mom, sister, girlfriend, friend, spouse might be wondering if a male she know is involved. I hope she does the right thing and speaks to LE, if there is such a person.

jmo

How would Occam’s Razor apply to case where no evidence exists that a crime has been committed?

Occam's razor (also Ockham's razor or Ocham's razor; Latin: lex parsimoniae "law of parsimony") is the problem-solving principle that the simplest solution tends to be the right one. When presented with competing hypotheses to solve a problem, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions.

I respect your opinion. You feel Mollie disappeared herself, took a break from life. You apply the OR theory, by saying "no evidence of a crime exists". However, you can't say that with any degree of certainty. LE has said over and over, that they will not share details of the investigation. Something bad happened to Mollie, further I don't feel she is alive. Hopefully we'll know the truth soon.

If you're right, I'll eat your hat, my hat, and both our shoes for dinner :)

I really don’t see a perp getting the dogs corraled and into cellar...jmo. Unless very well known to the dogs.

Also supposing he/she simply walked in behind her after the jog...why would she happen to have the red shirt? She would wear it jogging, imo, not if she needed it for work.

But seriously...does anyone know a person her age who would get up, get dressed, put the dogs away etc...and never touch her phone or tablet during that time? She had been seen texting or using phone while jogging, according to one neighbor...that is my sticking point about the morning abduction. But the shirt at night makes no sense either, as well as dogs in cellar (if that is true.)

Agree. Also if we believe the initial reports of her doing homework late at night, it would be a late night or early morning abduction

There has been speculation in earlier threads about a trucker passing through. I personally don't put much stock in that possibility though.

Truck stop close, yes, but someone would have notice a semi cab without its trailer? Perhaps a random car off if I-80 was scouting the area but what are the chances they would come across someone in such a small town at that time of the night?

<sleuthing of WC is not allowed> I would be interested in finding that out. It's very weird that WC didn't want to at least appear more compliant with the interview. He was clearly aggravated and definitely comes off as socially awkward.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry if I missed a comment on this, but has it been mentioned if MT had been in text or phone contact with any other friends other than the 1 SC to her BF they keep referring to? It seems like a girl of that age and popularity would have been texting with friends repeatedly throughout eve?

Agreed - Plus, would he have disposed of cell phone, red shirt, FitBit, and whatever else on, or near, his own property considering his past arrests? Maybe someone else who knew of his past would discard various items to lead investigators to WC?

Or maybe a false tip was phoned in from the perp himself and put a target on him to try to shift LE to look at the wrong guy.

I feel like every day, my opinion on this case changes.

IF the red shirt turns out to be hers, I feel like she would have to have been wearing it when something happened to her. I just find that more believable than the perp knowing to grab it or finding it at the house and taking it. It is possible that even though she wears it to work, she also throws it on to just hang out at home or even slept in it since she would need to get up early the next morning. I know some people who sleep in their work/workout clothes so they can sleep in later the next morning and not get dressed. Now, we have no idea if it IS her shirt that was found, so this is all jmo and highly dependent.

I still have this feeling she left the house voluntarily. Between the dogs being in the basement and the claims of no sign of a struggle at the house/it not seeming like it was treated as the crime scene. What happened after that or why she left, I really have no idea. Could be she went somewhere with someone she thought she could trust/was well-known to her and then it turned bad. Honestly, before today I would have said almost 100% I believed it was someone she knew well; now today, I don't know that I'd rule out either a stranger or someone she knew of only peripherally but that had their sights set on her.

I just hope she is found.

Just curious, I see a lot of people referring to the perp as “he”. Other than a higher statistical chance of a perp being male, what is driving that idea? We don’t know much in terms of evidence, so what if this was done by a female?
I stated several threads ago that it was too much work with my lousy typing to type he or she and him or her each time so I was just going to use he and him. I've said from the beginning that I was open to the idea of a female being responsible for whatever happened (even if it was just helping her disappear, which I don't think is the case.)

I’ll give you an example, although I’m not leaning in this theory. Two years ago a jogger was attacked and murdered in my hometown. It was a very rural area, and there was little reason for someone who didn’t live in the community to be involved. When the case was solved, via DNA, it turned out the suspect was a delivery driver who made deliveries in the area during the week, but lived a couple towns over. On the day of the killing (while off work), he returned to the area, pulled up the road from where the jogger was running, and waited for her to run by. He pulled her into the woods, and beat her to death. There is no evidence they ever met, although he may have seen her jogging previously, while he was on the job, making his deliveries in that town.
Vanessa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members