Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so hard to imagine if she willingly hopped into a vehicle with somebody she knew and trusted who showed up at the house once she returned from her jog. Everybody seems to be convinced that she absolutely had to remove he running clothes when she got home but for all we know she was out for a brisk walk on a cool evening and was planning to wear her jogging clothes until bed time.

Or maybe some combination of both.

Let's say hypothetically someone generally known to Mollie rolls by her towards the end of her run. They ask if she wants to hop in and chill and have a beer, and she's like OK that sounds good. They go wherever, maybe meet some other people just like usual, and s/he drops Mollie home a couple hours later, where she does some homework. But she let slip that she was staying alone and where, and the driver or someone else heard about it and showed up at the house later.

If the mom is making statements, do you think it could possibly interfere with the investigation? The LE is being tight lipped, and has only confirmed three things. Any other information has not been confirmed or denied. I can’t blame the family for talking, I would want to do everything possible to bring my baby home.

I really hope the Daily Mail and other large media organisations don’t take advantage of the situation. If Mollie’s family say I can’t talk about x,y and z as law enforcement asked us not to then I hope they comply. Mollie’s Mum possibly sold this story to help with the reward or living costs due to not being able to work and I totally understand doing it if it won’t jeopardise the investigation.

Not necessarily. The BF said he couldn't say for sure that the snap came from his house.

What is scary is that if she's been kidnapped... someone could be using her phone to create fake messages, allowing them to continue to elude authorities.
Have they 'pinged' her phone ?
Her phone is missing, right ?
And the fitbit data-- can it say where she was running ?

Mollie had to have let the dogs out before she went to bed so maybe someone saw her at this time or in the morning.

Not that she doesn't deserve it, but I'm wondering why so many threads with so little info? There are other missing persons cases on here that have hardly any replies.
Unfortunately I think it speaks to human nature more than anything. We feel more sympathy for a beautiful, young, innocent victim, who was extremely unlikely to have been a victim, than someone who doesn’t tick those boxes. If you add that to the mysterious circumstances of this case, it is going to naturally draw a huge amount of interest.

The only thing I can think of she was doing homework, decided to run ( for whatever reason stuck on a problem, noticed it was getting late, etc) left herself logged into the school system whatever. Maybe the poster who taught online can tell us if that system logs one out eventually if no movement, or after a set time.

@momrids6 - Yes, these systems will log you out after a period of inactivity. The length of inactive time to trigger logout varies, and can typically be set by administrators.

what if she did her homework before even setting out on her run?

changed, did her homework, texted mom, ran? Or does that mess with the timeline of when the neighbor saw her?
She was dropped off by brother at 5:30 pm. Other accounts are that she liked to jog and be home before dark and she jogged typically for 45 min using 3 different paths (she was by all accounts a creature of habit). People have posted the sunset/actual true darkness times for that day on here someplace yesterday. I guess it would depend on whether there was enough time to do her homework and get in the run before it was truly dark.

@Mom24 said:
This article addresses just some of the questions I had. I wondered if MT had sent the snap at 10pm or if it had been opened at 10pm. If she didn't make it back to DJ's house then that would give a different flavor to all of this. Has there been any other MSM story the same things her mother claims in this article? And how trustworthy is the interview? I mean, did the mother really say these things in an interview.
Completely understanding the financial circumstances put on the family, I believe Daily Mail paid Mollie's Mom for this interview and the photos (also, local Ben Ashford in Brooklyn). There are what I deem personal statements in this interview, and I am yielding this as credible news from DM (which is not often).

The wording about Mollie's Mom being "estranged" from Mollie's Dad was telling to me. I believe Dad taking ques from LE, and Mom kept quiet as long as she believed it necessary (i.e., 2 weeks). My heart breaks for this woman, Mother.....

Credit local...

I feel like the Daily Mail article is really important as there are several points that answer some long-standing questions I've seen posted throughout these threads.

First, the timing of this article is fascinating. Did Molly's mother learn something recently that made her willing to release a lot of previously withheld info? Or did she have permission of LE? If she did not have permission of LE, then her willingness to now reveal all of this information is a sign she's tired of waiting around and/or has lost hope of a finding Molly alive and had moved on to just wanting to bring her home.

With respect to the car, according to her statement in this article, it sounds like Molly usually used the shared car to drive to work. This explains why she wasn't seeking a ride in the morning.

The mother states Molly would come home, eat, pick up the car and either go back to the BF's house or sleep at home.

Interestingly, TWO of the red shirts were located at the mother's house.

Based upon all of this info, it now makes the most sense that she went for a run, came home, did some homework, and the left to walk to her mother's house for dinner and to pick up her car and the red shirt. Something happened on her way to dinner. This also fits with the very limited timeline we have been given.

As for the item of clothing that may or may not have been found yesterday, it's possible that Molly threw on an additional piece of clothing (not necessarily the camp shirt) over her running clothes. I will often do this after a run if I don't feel like changing but may be sweaty and don't want to get chilly. Their devastation today may be because the item found yesterday was definitely Molly's.

MOO.

What is scary is that if she's been kidnapped... someone could be using her phone to create fake messages, allowing them to continue to elude authorities.
Have they 'pinged' her phone ?
Her phone is missing, right ?
And the fitbit data-- can it say where she was running ?
They’ve pinged her phone and it is now believed to be dead. The second it was turned back on, LE would know its location. It has almost certainly been dumped or destroyed by now. We’ve been lead to believe that all technical investigative work has been done, or is being done.

Or maybe some combination of both.

Let's say hypothetically someone generally known to Mollie rolls by her towards the end of her run. They ask if she wants to hop in and chill and have a beer, and she's like OK that sounds good. They go wherever, maybe meet some other people just like usual, and s/he drops Mollie home a couple hours later, where she does some homework. But she let slip that she was staying alone and where, and the driver or someone else heard about it and showed up at the house later.
bbm

The fact that the dogs were still locked up in the basement is big-- to myself, anyway.
Shows that she either didn't make it back to the house, or someone surprised her just as she got there.
If she was running-- her phone would be on her person, so to speak.

But at our house, our phones are on the coffee table , kitchen countertop, or a bedroom dresser ---- we obviously don't carry them around the house in our pockets.
My teen son might carry his phone around a bit... but that's another scenario . :p (might miss something important 0_0 )

Last edited:
He was never officially cleared. They will not confirm nor deny anyone being cleared. If they had they would make an official statement at the press conference. They have not done that yet. Until they name an official suspect we are not allowed to sleuth
Jack, Tibbetts’ boyfriend of nearly three years, has been cooperating with investigators, who have formally excluded him as a suspect, authorities previously told PEOPLE.

Mystery Without End: Everything We Know About Missing College Student Mollie Tibbetts

She was dropped off by brother at 5:30 pm. Other accounts are that she liked to jog and be home before dark and she jogged typically for 45 min using 3 different paths (she was by all accounts a creature of habit). People have posted the sunset/actual true darkness times for that day on here someplace yesterday. I guess it would depend on whether there was enough time to do her homework and get in the run before it was truly dark.

it's summer. It wouldn't be dark until 9/9:30. For an online college course, I doubt it wouldn't have taken too long. I don't think she would have been rushed for time.

I know there was severe weather reported in the area that evening, but has anyone established whether it was - or could have been - when she was on her evening jaunt? The reason is because this brings natural causes into play like lightning strikes, etc.

Please stop hammering on the cleared/not cleared. This thread has already been shut down previously for this. You can have your own opinions about who you suspect but they cannotbe discussed here until named by Law enforcement. Please see the boardowners warning below.

Everyone is a suspect....
Hi Everyone,

We are not allowing discussions on people the police have cleared. This includes but is not limited to Mollie's brother and Mollie's boyfriend.

The last thing I want to do is issue time-outs but that is what is going to happen if people keep bringing up those who have been cleared.

Thanks,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members