Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the new information from her mother in the DailyMail article, I do not believe that Mollie returned from her run. IMO it goes something like this...

- Mollie is dropped off around 5:30pm.
- She decides to do a little homework while she waits for it to cool off and go for a run.
- Leaves for run around 7:30pm, confirms with Mom what is for supper, and plans to end up at Mom’s house. This would explain the lack of planning for the next morning. She planned to see brother at supper and would figure it out then or possibly drive the car home that night.
- Clothes and running accessories were never located. Had she made it safe home, and been taken in the morning, running clothes would likely be in the laundry. Had she made it home safe and been taken during the night, the dogs would have been out of the cages.

Therefore, I believe she was taken at some point during the run between BF’s house and the route to Mom’s house. Most likely a crime of opportunity. Unsure if suspect was known to Mollie. Sadly I think there’s less than 5% chance of it being a happy outcome.

Red shirt is a red herring.

Last edited:
This is a lot of strange information. Some of it contradicts what her mom has said before. I wonder how much of this is directly quoting Mollie’s mom.

I can't answer either of your first two questions. My post is a summary of the article, so I would strongly encourage you to read the article yourself for clarity.

I don't know who the Pastor is you have referred to either. If you mean the neighbor Collum (didn't know he was a pastor), then yes, that is what he said.

O/T: I AM READY TO PULL MY HAIR OUT WITH THE TROUBLE I'M HAVING ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!

I know there was severe weather reported in the area that evening, but has anyone established whether it was - or could have been - when she was on her evening jaunt? The reason is because this brings natural causes into play like lightning strikes, etc.
The weather was the next day, not while she was out jogging.

Mollie seems like a responsible person who wouldn't disappear of her own volition.... which makes this so frightening.
Of course, we can never know what's going on inside someone else's head.
I just keep wishing she needed to get away for her own reasons.... and is safe.

I can't answer either of your first two questions. My post is a summary of the article, so I would strongly encourage you to read the article yourself for clarity.

I don't know who the Pastor is you have referred to either. If you mean the neighbor Collum (didn't know he was a pastor), then yes, that is what he said.

O/T: I AM READY TO PULL MY HAIR OUT WITH THE TROUBLE I'M HAVING ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!
You quoted me here but I’m assuming you meant someone else. I have no idea about any Pastor.

Regarding whether the run was 15 minutes long, I think the 15 minute time frame is just when they have a witness sighting of her out running. I don't think it means she was only running for 15 minutes. Also, she would be able to run to her mom's house faster than that for sure, 15 minutes would probably be more like a quick walk to her mom's.

I have believed she is being held alive!
My second suspicion was leaning toward a random stranger abduction. This case has been so unusual, something is very wrong and odd. To me it would be scariest and the most serious if it was a serial who left a signature for LE. That is also so very rare, but the responses in this case just have my imagination on overtime.
Try to stick with facts...jmo

Trying! I have hope she is being held alive as well, which may mean the kidnapper had a fixation on her and wants to hold onto her.

One thing I am trying to get my head around: with all the talk about the Fitbit data, and it was still be analyzed and this.

Neighbor Dave Collum, a retired maintenance director for the school district, said he was interviewed by investigators who told him that data from Tibbetts' Fitbit showed she jogged past his home that evening and made it home from the run safely. He said investigators told him she was doing homework on her computer later that evening.

Missing student mystery baffling

Mother of missing girl Mollie Tibbetts reveals perplexing new details

Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

WOW. From this article it seems LE has nothing. Looks like family is starting to open up over frustration. Lots of details I was unaware of that seemed to be verified in this article. LE’s tactics are not working. This was tough to read. They really have no idea it seems. I still think she could have left on her own and I say that because it seems like a perfect crime otherwise. Something is not adding up and is it really possible LE is this lost and confused? I think it’s someone’s very close to Mollie if something bad happened IMO...only thing that would make sense with the dogs and nothing alerting before “whatever happened”

Last edited:
Mollie Tibbetts's disappearance has small Iowa town on edge

“Eventually someone is going to come forward with something that will break this thing open,” the father said.

“I don’t think this is random,” he continued. "Someone we know or someone Mollie was familiar with knows what happened and has information that can help us. And now I think they’re in over their head and don’t know how to end this. All they have to do is make that call to CrimeStoppers and let Mollie go.”

This is a lot of strange information. Some of it contradicts what her mom has said before. I wonder how much of this is directly quoting Mollie’s mom.

What if she was studying before she went for the jog and just stayed logged in because she planned on taking a break and then finishing? I’ve always heard that recommended study time is about two hours before your brain needs a break. Does anyone know if there is an amount of time without activity that the school site logs a person out? That to me would make way more sense given the mother’s new information!

---Waaaay back somewhere on an earlier thread it was mentioned that it's a good idea to share passwords with someone/s you dearly trust. I have always done this. Always and highly recommend it.
I have to think Mollie would have done the same...
I don't have anyone on "my" suspect list.
Not being from Iowa, I just don't. I continue to pray and hope that it isn't the unknown we are dealing with.
Glad to see all the publicity and the increasing reward.
We all know every missing soul deserves the same and I am sure Mollie's loved ones feel the same.
Back to thinking and trying to get a real clue.
Still thinking someone reading here has such important knowledge. JMO

• Calderwood said she does not believe her daughter returned to the home after her jog because the two dogs were found locked in the basement. 'If she slept at the house that night they would have been on the bed with her.'
  • Jack said: 'If someone was coming for Mollie, one of the dogs, the lab-pit mix which is the bigger of the two, would probably have done something about it.'
  • Investigators are believed to have found evidence Mollie had been using her MacBook Pro laptop on the evening of July 18. Calderwood said that a look at the internet history suggested Mollie had been working on a homework assignment for her Roman Civilization class.
  • Mollie's mom said that everything she took on her run, including her iPhone, FitBit, earbuds and an armband have not been located.
  • It was reported that Mollie's red t-shirt had been found, but her mom says Mollie owned two of them and they are both in her room. Mollie may have had a 3rd shirt which is missing, but her mom is unsure.
  • Her car, a wallet containing a driving license and debit card, and an unused passport, have all been located, according to her mother.
  • Laura Calderwood said Mollie ran for about 45 minutes every evening.
  • She left Dalton's home and was last seen by a neighbor, Nate Hopwood, who lives a few hundred yards away in West Pershing Drive.
  • Snap Inc. says the reason they often will not be able to retrieve Snap content is that they delete each snap from their servers once all recipients have viewed it.
Great summary! Thank you!!

With the new information from her mother in the DailyMail article, I do not believe that Mollie returned from her run. IMO it goes something like this...

- Mollie is dropped off around 5:30pm.
- She decides to do a little homework while she waits for it to cool off and go for a run.
- Leaves for run around 7:30pm, confirms with Mom what is for supper, and plans to end up at Mom’s house. This would explain the lack of planning for the next morning. She planned to see brother at supper and would figure it out then or possibly drive the car home that night.
- Clothes and running accessories were never located. Had she made it safe home, and taken in the morning, those clothes would likely be in the laundry. Had she made it home safe and been taken during the night, the dogs would have been out of the cages.

Therefore, I believe she was taken at some point during the run between BF’s house and the route to Mom’s house. Most likely a crime of opportunity. Unsure if suspect was known to Mollie. Sadly I think there’s less than 5% chance of it being a happy outcome.

Red shirt is a red herring.

I am leaning toward this scenario as well. She is dropped off at 5:30 p.m. Does homework while it cools off outside. Gets ready to run. Puts the dogs in the basement. Perhaps sends the Snapchat before she leaves as it has been said that it appeared she was "inside" in the Snapchat. She leaves the house around 7:30 pm. Perhaps she means to run to her mom's for dinner and she texts "okay" to her mom. At 7:45 p.m. she is sighted for the last time. I still don't know if someone physically saw her at this time or if this is the time the electronic timeline petered out. Since she normally ran for 45 mins., it could be she met harm fifteen minutes into the run. If she had returned home, the dogs would have been loose in the house.

I don't know what to make of that article, I really don't. On the one hand, we've been waiting for all those details for days now so I want to take them as fact.

On the other, many of them contradict other details from other reporting and the reporting has been so inconsistent from the beginning it's hard to know what to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lessismore74!