Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to repeat. Her routine wasnt really a routine. She’d been away at college. She then was in California for dad’s wedding. She was preparing for another wedding and trip to the DR. She maybe didn’t have reliable transportation to her work. She was arranging a new apartment for school. Plus she was taking classes. That’s a crazy summer for any student.
Which is also why I wonder about a random...

What is the consensus here as to what time her jog might have been. Tia. I’m asking bc there seems to be information changing/evolving, discrepancies in articles/interviews etc. tia. So I’m just going to ask.

Last edited:
These are important avenues of investigation, but I think it is a mistake to investigate carnival workers before all the "normal" people who had contact with Mollie and her acquaintances.

Ted Bundy volunteered at rape crisis centers and state wide political campaigns.
Indeed. But we can assume all the “normal” people are being looked at, Standard Procedure of LE. Plus we can’t discuss them anyway lol.

So what is the schedule of the carnival? Anything similar in those towns/dates? Worth a look imo.

I’m an expat the other way and I agree that the Daily Mail is complete garbage. They usually regurgitate and sensationalize news stories from other outlets. This one was actually written by a guy who was caught up in the celebrity hacking scandal, I think when he was with the Mirror. That being said, I highly doubt this is some sort of law enforcement ploy. If LE is behind this, it is likely because they wanted the interview to be done. I doubt that’s the case though, because they couldn’t control what the family revealed, especially accidentally.

Another Brit here... doesn't appear you're keen that Mr. Ben Ashford was acquitted of all charges leveled against him in the "celebrity hacking scandal." Why attack a man whose trying to rebuild his career which was best described as being in “tatters” as a result of the arrest and charges? I'm glad to see the Mum take control and pocket a few quid. Also, good to finally get some details...

Another Brit here... doesn't appear you're keen that Mr. Ben Ashford was acquitted of all charges leveled against him in the "celebrity hacking scandal." Why attack a man whose trying to rebuild his career which was best described as being in “tatters” as a result of the arrest and charges? I'm glad to see the Mum take control and pocket a few quid. Also, good to finally get some details...
(I figured that earlier when you send Mum, it was so cute lol)

Haaaa. I’m really not familiar with his involvement in the whole thing, I was just using that fact to take a swipe at the Daily Mail, a news organization that I despise, yet can’t seem to stay away from. I do wonder if they paid her. American journalistic standards aren’t the same as that in the UK (paying for stories), but that’s what I assumed as well, being that they beat every American newspaper with an exclusive. It wasn’t a bad piece from them actually, although it’s a relatively low bar.

Thinking out loud further as we examine the question of potential motives, I just saw the news that it turns out the motive for the Houston Cardiologist’s murder turned out to be “Revenge”” (mom died on operating table 20 years ago, had a long time grudge). I suspect a male perp here but just noting, and I think you guys already discussed this, any jealous females, coworkers etc? We discuss can’t them of course anyway but just saying as I mention the possibility of a random really anything is possible imo since LE hasn’t told us squat. If they even know much. Much to investigate.

Eta: For example, Joleen Cumming’s case. Rare, I’ll admit.

Last edited:
I think she was lured out of the home after her jog, possibly while doing her homework. I think whoever did it, it was as so many of us have said, someone she "knew" in that it was someone she recognized and didn't view as a threat, although it may have been very surprising for this person to turn up there. Comparing myself at 20 to Mollie, I had zero street smarts or any sense that anyone would be out to harm me in any way. I think she may have had the same attitude. As young women out in the world for the first time, we hear the lectures about personal safety, but do you really think something bad is going to happen to you in such a familiar setting? She likely felt completely safe, especially with two nice big doggies nearby.

I keep coming back to we covet what we see.

Maybe someone forced her into a car during her jog...sorta like how Hilton snatched Meredith down on Blood Mountain trail in GA
Where did he take her and how far?

ETA: Our Late Great Foxfire “specialized” in Hilton. I wonder what he would have to say about all this.

(ETA: Here’s what he would say:

That LE needs to use their most powerful source, the American Public, so LE could possibly be treading on iffy ground here as far as how tightlipped or not they may choose to be in this investigation.

I imagine he’d also say that when assuming a random SA predator, that “there is a reason for the seasons” and that “there is a reason for everything they do”. That they know how to hunt for their victims and seek out such locations which may lend themselves to such crimes of opportunity.

What else, Foxy? I’ll look up some of your posts on Hilton. Miss ya buddy.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/longtime-wser-foxfire-has-passed-away.325542/ )

Last edited:
Thinking out loud further as we examine the question of potential motives, it turns out I just saw the news that Houston Cardiologist’s murder turned out to be “revenge” (mom died on operating table 20 years ago, had a long time grudge). I suspect a male perp here but just noting, and I think you guys already discussed this, any jealous females, coworkers etc? We discuss them anyway but just saying as I mention the possibility of a random really anything is possible since LE hasn’t told us squat. If they even know. Much to investigate.
Any motive is on the table, but personally I’m leaning towards a sexually based one. If it is some sort of a revenge type thing, it would change things for me. I’d be looking at other females in that case.

I think she was lured out of the home after her jog, possibly while doing her homework. I think whoever did it, it was as so many of us have said, someone she "knew" in that it was someone she recognized and didn't view as a threat, although it may have been very surprising for this person to turn up there. Comparing myself at 20 to Mollie, I had zero street smarts or any sense that anyone would be out to harm me in any way. I think she may have had the same attitude. As young women out in the world for the first time, we hear the lectures about personal safety, but do you really think something bad is going to happen to you in such a familiar setting? She likely felt completely safe, especially with two nice big doggies nearby.

I keep coming back to we covet what we see.
Question for clarification, again trying to be clear on timeline as we know it, and trying to keep up among the various articles, etc, do we know for sure that she was doing her homework aaaaafter the jog? Sorry for my confusion.

Indeed. But we can assume all the “normal” people are being looked at, Standard Procedure of LE. Plus we can’t discuss them anyway lol.

So what is the schedule of the carnival? Anything similar in those towns/dates? Worth a look imo.

I understand, but by "normal," I mean somebody else's brother, or a friend Mollie never expected to appear.

The only way my daughter would have an expected, late evening encounter with another human being would be if there had been text/phone with somebody.

I can totally see my daughter answering the door at an odd hour to find a"friend in need" or an acquaintance that thought more of my daughter than vice versa. In fact, that has happened.

The fact that the phone left the house is critical to this whole thing. My daughter might go barefoot, but she wouldn't leave her phone. And if Mollie was leaving the house with such a person on an errand of mercy or a poorly scheduled delivery of advice, etc., then her phone would be the only thing she did not leave behind.

So, there are many other possibilities that do not involve complete strangers or her immediate family. Perhaps not Occam's Razor, but I think we have allowed ourselves to concede that these circumstances were "low risk" without knowing Mollie's circumstances.

Question for clarification, again trying to be clear on timeline as we know it, and trying to keep up among the various articles, etc, do we know for sure that she was doing her homework aaaaafter the jog? Sorry for my confusion.
It depends who we believe. From what has been reported, all indications are that she did in fact return from the jog, and do homework. When I throw out my opinion that she was taken on the jog, I should clarify and say “while she was outside the house.” Because she may have left the house again.

I don't think it's been confirmed by LE. Like nearly everything else.

Could it be possible the dogs were downstairs because whoever let's say "visited" claimed they were allergic/frightened of dogs?
Sure. But from what we know, when Mollie left the house, she put the dogs in the basement. So both are plausible reasons for the dogs being there. I’m leaning towards the dogs being there because she was leaving for some reason, whatever those circumstances may be.

I think Mollie was either returning or planning on leavimy since the dogs were in the basement. Reading she loved dogs I think it she would have had them with her if she was 'at home' doing general things. Eating, studing, showering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
millyuncensored