Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if the amount of FIB working on this type of case is normal. The mom said the first day there were 15 and the next there were 30. I know they were "invited" but who determines the amount needed? Could it be because of the phone and fit bit data?
In the above Abbey 's case there were so many boots on the ground within 12 hours. It was amazing just like this case. And no information. SM went crazy with theories.

If this was anyplace other than the farmlands of Brooklyn, Iowa, I'd agree but 6:00-6:30AM is probably the most visible time to be out and about if you're trying not to be detected.
(Early to bed, early to rise)..
I was originally sure it was an early morning situation but after her mom said none of the running clothing/electronics from jog have been found, I am feeling it was during the jog. Mom said the computer log in/homework is not confirmed time wise. Also, the jog is PREDICTABLE for a perp stalking her. Seems her am routine was NOT as predictable, her brother was going to come for her, sometimes she had her car or Dalton’s truck, etc. LE most likely knows if shower was used... she arrived at house at 5:30 pm, shower could be great indicator. If it was dry she probably didn’t return.

bestill said:
There's what appears to be a fake facebook page up. Why is it still up? There are recent posts on it too.
It has been reported many times facebook wont remove it.. it is possible LE or FBI has asked it to remain up so they can track who created it

Her VSCO and Instagram and FB (IIRC) were all open to the public. There was no need for someone to come and stalk her in person to gain, very personal info that could have led to her abduction. All they had to do was comb through her social media to learn her routines. From her Twitter alone, without even logging in, you are able to learn:
  • Full Name
  • School
  • Class schedule
  • Her mom's exact address
  • The full names of several friends
  • The fact that her boyfriend leaves for long periods of time
  • Her political views
  • The fact that she's a runner
  • and more...
She could have been being stalked, remotely, for quite a while without ever even being aware of it. SM can be like an "All Access Pass" to a persons life, habits, friends, family, hobbies, hangouts, personal weaknesses ect...
(If anything, this case should be a teaching moment to set your SM to friends and only add those whom you trust.)

(Oh Safeguard...I try to warn all my girlfriends about this exact thing but nobody ever listens to me :(

——

On another note I want to mention that if this is an predator, and has been hunting and operating in a certain area, he certainly might migrate to avoid the heat, not to mention maximize what our Late Great Foxfire would refer to as “jurisdictional blindness”.

Long time no see btw.)

I'm rather surprised she hasn't been found. I really thought LE was onto something. :(
I too am surprised. But after the last two PC’s, I’ve changed my course of thinking. If the LE isn’t about to reveal a solid timeline, we can’t expect much. I’ve lived in Iowa my entire life. And I feel this is such a rare event, that no one is sure how to respond,Especially LE. Imo they are keeping all they know close to their vest because they have Nothing close to their vest. Iowa has made National news & Imo they are scrambling at what to do next. Little do they know if they gave more info, the case is more likely to be solved. Get over your pride Iowa LE and share some details or a solid timeline at least. Give us a chance to solve it.

Don't they say always watch the watchers.. If it it was someone local they might be brazen enough to attend the PC and try and blend in with the town folk. just a thought..

Of course, yes. As they often do also watch vigils (Gabe Gaeta attended his victim’s vigil), funerals, searches...some get a thrill but also want to see want to feel out what people know. And get all excited about the panic, etc they are causing.

Welcome , Nick3rd btw.

Last edited:
I too am surprised. But after the last two PC’s, I’ve changed my course of thinking. If the LE isn’t about to reveal a solid timeline, we can’t expect much. I’ve lived in Iowa my entire life. And I feel this is such a rare event, that no one is sure how to respond,Especially LE. Imo they are keeping all they know close to their vest because they have Nothing close to their vest. Iowa has made National news & Imo they are scrambling at what to do next. Little do they know if they gave more info, the case is more likely to be solved. Get over your pride Iowa LE and share some details or a solid timeline at least. Give us a chance to solve it.

Mollie’s case has made the news over here in the U.K and even in Australia.

Last edited:
Of course. I’m just saying that it’s unlikely.
Jumping off this discussion I also want to note that some predators do not only always stick with the same age group and physical types, but also lifestyle groups. Meaning I’ve seen where SKs have preyed on both sex workers and non sex workers, for example, there was the of an abducted mother in Florida iirc who had a low risk lifestyle. But she was found in the same dumping ground with some prostitutes.

——/

Additionally, despite my many thoughts and posts on the possibility of a random abduction, LE surely hasn’t strongly indicated this imo, as maybe they have a POI (close to her or not) or really just don’t know at this point. Either is a possibility, moo.

Last edited:
I wonder how intensely other students Mollie was studying with are being looked at. Was a guy at the University infatuated with Mollie but she didn’t notice him because she had a boyfriend so the guy decided to take her? I’m not sleuthing anyone or suggesting sleuthing students or accusing anyone it’s just a general theory on who could possibly have done this.

I wonder how intensely other students Mollie was studying with are being looked at. Was a guy at the University infatuated with Mollie but she didn’t notice him because she had a boyfriend so the guy decided to take her? I’m not sleuthing anyone or suggesting sleuthing students or accusing anyone it’s just a general theory on who could possibly have done this.

Many possibilities indeed. We could be here for a long time . Gosh I hope not!!!!

Positive thoughts..where you at, zen? (Our resident meditator and facilitatior of positive thoughts and vibes...the collective positive energy worked for our little Oinkies trapped in the cave in Thailand...positive thoughts...trying to continue on that path...not always easy...)

Her VSCO and Instagram and FB (IIRC) were all open to the public. There was no need for someone to come and stalk her in person to gain, very personal info that could have led to her abduction. All they had to do was comb through her social media to learn her routines. From her Twitter alone, without even logging in, you are able to learn:
  • Full Name
  • School
  • Class schedule
  • Her mom's exact address
  • The full names of several friends
  • The fact that her boyfriend leaves for long periods of time
  • Her political views
  • The fact that she's a runner
  • and more...
She could have been being stalked, remotely, for quite a while without ever even being aware of it. SM can be like an "All Access Pass" to a persons life, habits, friends, family, hobbies, hangouts, personal weaknesses ect...
(If anything, this case should be a teaching moment to set your SM to friends and only add those whom you trust.)

Yes, exactly this.

Anyone remember the Teleka Patrick case? And how she related to what was said in sermons or on social media about the man who was the object of her affection?

I could see a stalker-ish type person with some mental health challenges doing a similar thing. Especially if the person found posts on social media that they could interpret as sympathetic to themselves, or even as some coded message to them only, so maybe a post about being supportive of people with mental health challenges, or not stigmatizing them or whatever could be taken to mean something on a whole other level.

Yes, exactly this.

Anyone remember the Teleka Patrick case? And how she related to what was said in sermons or on social media about the man who was the object of her affection?

I could see a stalker-ish type person with some mental health challenges doing a similar thing. Especially if the person found posts on social media that they could interpret as sympathetic to themselves, or even as some coded message to them only, so maybe a post about being supportive of people with mental health challenges, or not stigmatizing them or whatever could be taken to mean something on a whole other level.

(Odd...Teleka’s case also crossed my mind earlier today...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber