Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is also why I wonder about a random...

What is thw consensus here as to what time her jog might have been. Tia. I’m asking bc there seems to be information changing/evolving, discrepancies in articles/interviews etc. tia. So I’m just going to ask.
I thought investigators stated it was 7:30 but i dont remember the source, it was about 4 threads back!!

I know it is cliche, but as aptly noted above, we covet what we see. I agree with this.

Unfortunately, there are so many ways to "see" somebody like Mollie that the list of potential perps is LONG.

Hopefully, the reward money will coax useful thoughts out of folks who know more than they think they do.

Sure. But from what we know, when Mollie left the house, she put the dogs in the basement. So both are plausible reasons for the dogs being there. I’m leaning towards the dogs being there because she was leaving for some reason, whatever those circumstances may be.

How about this scenario? She is lured out of the home by someone with a gun who is threatening to harm THEMSELF?

Exactly, but they wouldn't even need to have a gun or to threaten suicide. Absent electronic evidence to the contrary, I would place "friend in need" or "unknown suitor" in the categories of interest.

I would also include "regular visitor at odd hours who was surprised to find Mollie alone."

Or she was ordered to put the dogs in the basement by an intruder at knife or gun point
It's possible, but there was no sign of struggle or injury to the dogs. They didn't appear stressed, according to what I read. Definitely not outside the realm of possibility though.

Too damn brazen for the perp not to have done this before
I was thinking about that earlier. But also remembering there’s always a first...

ETA: Remembering Jessica Cain (all these Jessicas) and her killer. He preyed on both child (Laura Smither) and older victims...he would just suddenly seize an opportunity when he saw it..mall parking lot, etc..trying to remember exactly the nature of that reference...

He had a specific dumping ground also, iirc.

It's possible, but there was no sign of struggle or injury to the dogs. They didn't appear stressed, according to what I read. Definitely not outside the realm of possibility though.

Mostly I feel confident something happened on the run or very shortly after. The known missing clothing/items are connected to her run, according to this info from her mom. The police have been very interested in who saw her on her run that night and who was in Brooklyn that night. It also makes sense of why she never showed up at her mom's that night, and of why there is no more communication with DJ after the snapchat that night.

I don't know if Mollie knew this person, but he knew her. She was staying out at the edge of town, and her boyfriend AND his brother were both out of town at the same time. If some stalker was waiting for his opportunity, this would have been it. Also, no signs of a struggle might suggest someone she knew or someone who had enough connections to her community/social circle to drop the right names and put her at ease.

Finally, if the profile is that this is a stalker, all the 'we're not even sure Mollie was abucted' kind of hedging makes sense, as does all the talk about thinking Mollie is still alive. If a crazy stalker really believed Mollie was in love with him, police may not want to anger that person or destroy his fantasy that Mollie is a partner and not a captive.

I don't know, just spitballing.

True, but by the time their owners let them out maybe they were so happy to see them they forgot all about it. And im thinking if Molly was threatened with a weapon she would comply and there wouldn't be any signs of struggle.

I think about the long distances the perverts on “To Catch A Predator/ Chris Hansen” often travel.

And how Foxfire would say the predators hunt... maybe he went out looking for a victim, or was nearby at a bar (I want to go back to where you guys discussed a bar) or as mentioned in the area for another reason, work, etc...I can’t help but wonder about the larger cities closer to Brooklyn. Maybe a couple hours away? For example how far is De Moines, etc. Looking it up.

ETA: well, well, well, only an hour away and a straight shot it seems.
—-note to pick up tomorrow with research of MP/assaults out of Des Moine (and other surrounding cities), fwiw.

Again, all speculative brainstorming.

Maybe pull up all Craigslist’s ads for Brooklyn specifically for the applicable dates...all jobs advertised for, partners, etc..

(O:T—wow just wow need to find the SK’s thread for Bobby Jo because there is a new episode of “Evil Lives Here” where his wife was interviewed...they show a timelapsed progression of photos and she notes how in each picture his eyes slowly change to more and more evil...anyway he was found guilty for the rapes and murders of over 30 victims I think? This was before the internet, but he’d circle ads for jewelry, etc then go to the victims houses and attack them there. )

Last edited:
Great question, Pelican!

My theory has been that Mollie was taken while walking towards her Mom's very early in the morning. 6:15 to 6:30ish a.m. Maybe even earlier.

The abduction occurred before her brother contacted her cell to find out whether she needed the car they shared.

Mollie let the dogs out, fed them and then put the dogs in the basement

It was too early to text anyone - they would still all be asleep

I think she planned to have breakfast with her Mom then take the car to work

They didn't lock doors so no need to take keys

She didn't take her wallet because she tucked some cash inside a pocket or with her cell phone. She took her driver's license but no other I.D. or credit cards

*Mollie had extra sets of contact lenses -usually people do because the chance of losing or dropping one is pretty high

She was wearing her Fitbit as usual

She may have been listening to music with her earphones (her brother said she usually did this while running)

She left before the rain started

Someone had been watching her movements for quite sometime, waiting

He knew she was home alone because he was always watching

He knew she would soon be heading to the Dominican R. for the wedding (common knowledge in a small town)

This was his perfect opportunity he had been waiting for

The rain started

He had been waiting in his car and he pulled up and offered her a lift

She knew him, perhaps not well, but she knew him and had no reason not to trust him

There was no evidence of a scuffle on the road because she accepted the ride - his offer didn't seem out of the ordinary. Mollie grew up in Brooklyn and most people were friendly and helpful

He took a side road on the way to her Mom's house

The evidence is somewhere but the investigators have yet to find it

He is closely watching the investigation and possibly took part in a search for Mollie

He has planned this in his mind and fantasized for this for a very long time

He had a love/hate obsession for Mollie. Possibly for years

His behavior in this appears he is an "organized" perpetrator as per F.B.I. classifications.

There was nothing pointing to "random" in this abduction

It had been planned for sometime. He only needed the opportunity.

He took the opportunity

*the possibility of Mollie having an extra set of contact lenses has not been confirmed and is a belief I have that most contact lense users have multiple pairs.
If this was anyplace other than the farmlands of Brooklyn, Iowa, I'd agree but 6:00-6:30AM is probably the most visible time to be out and about if you're trying not to be detected.
(Early to bed, early to rise)..

Her VSCO and Instagram and FB (IIRC) were all open to the public. There was no need for someone to come and stalk her in person to gain, very personal info that could have led to her abduction. All they had to do was comb through her social media to learn her routines. From her Twitter alone, without even logging in, you are able to learn:
  • Full Name
  • School
  • Class schedule
  • Her mom's exact address
  • The full names of several friends
  • The fact that her boyfriend leaves for long periods of time
  • Her political views
  • The fact that she's a runner
  • and more...
She could have been being stalked, remotely, for quite a while without ever even being aware of it. SM can be like an "All Access Pass" to a persons life, habits, friends, family, hobbies, hangouts, personal weaknesses ect...
(If anything, this case should be a teaching moment to set your SM to friends and only add those whom you trust.)

Does anybody know if the amount of FIB working on this type of case is normal. The mom said the first day there were 15 and the next there were 30. I know they were "invited" but who determines the amount needed? Could it be because of the phone and fit bit data?

Nathaniel kibby offered Abigail Hernandez a ride. She accepted because she was wearing boots with no socks and her feet hurt. He used a stun gun repeatedly.
The more I read about the missing items the more I think it happened when Mollie was on her run!T
Missing items are all jogging items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member