Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if the amount of FIB working on this type of case is normal. The mom said the first day there were 15 and the next there were 30. I know they were "invited" but who determines the amount needed? Could it be because of the phone and fit bit data?
I recall earlier from NBC Nightly News I think they said “40 investigators” are working her case every day. Not sure how many are FBI.

Another Brit here... doesn't appear you're keen that Mr. Ben Ashford was acquitted of all charges leveled against him in the "celebrity hacking scandal." Why attack a man whose trying to rebuild his career which was best described as being in “tatters” as a result of the arrest and charges? I'm glad to see the Mum take control and pocket a few quid. Also, good to finally get some details...

I agree with this statement. Perhaps Mr. Ashford can use some of his investigative skills and bring some real reporting to this case. State and local press have frankly not added much to the table so far and the continued errors in reporting basic information has been quite disappointing.

Haaaa. I’m really not familiar with his involvement in the whole thing, I was just using that fact to take a swipe at the Daily Mail, a news organization that I despise, yet can’t seem to stay away from. I do wonder if they paid her. American journalistic standards aren’t the same as that in the UK (paying for stories), but that’s what I assumed as well, being that they beat every American newspaper with an exclusive. It wasn’t a bad piece from them actually, although it’s a relatively low bar.
I don't begrudge her taking the cash if that was in fact what happened as the family no doubt need funding for the reward and living expenses/PI during this awful time.

Thanks, ptandj.

From the above link:

“According to police, Langel was arrested Wednesday afternoon”

Good. I wonder if he’s been cleared yet via alibi, etc. in Mollie’s Case.
It seems unlikely to me that he could have caused Mollie to disappear so completely and then bumbled the incident he got arrested for just as completely. I imagine they checked it out but I'll be really surprised if they're connected.

I have been on the fence between 2 main scenarios.

One, an 'opportunistic' roving predator, who happened to see her earlier that day, or during her jog, and followed her home, waiting for his chance to take her. Like a Keyes or a Bundy.

Or two, a 'friendly' neighbor or acquaintance, who has been waiting for his chance to get to her. He knows her schedule, knows she jogs at night, and knows she is there alone that night. He has a perfect excuse to stop by. Maybe he is a friend or co-worker of her bf or one of the room mates. Or he is a neighbor, or a friend from school.

Maybe he offers to take her to go get the car, so she just plans to take a quick ride with him, and she puts the dogs downstairs, just grabs the phone, but nothing else because she is coming right back home...

I
don't feel like it is someone who is really close to her or in her inner circle. I think it is a sick predator type that has been lurking for awhile, unnoticed.

I keep coming back to the CCTV/other video footage that was supposedly taken from Casey's. I am trying to figure out if this footage was of interest to LE because it had the perp, MT (either on her jog or grabbing food before studying) or to help answer the question, 'who was in Brooklyn' that night? A thread the other night looked at eating options locally and there weren't many that stayed open after the 6-8 pm window, other than the truck stops. I wonder if she ran out quickly to Casey's to grab something to eat either by herself or with somebody else. The supposed 15 min jog is something else that has always been troubling and I don't know if its tied into grabbing something to eat or perhaps meeting someone in town? The only 'known' is the informal timeline is that she didn't eat at Mother's house and was earlier dropped off by brother at 530 at BF house. Wonder if she wanted some food before or after studying?

We don’t know what SM sites she may have had 6 months or 9 months ago.

It’s very possible someone has been infatuated with her on-line for a long time.

Last edited:
I was hung up on the glasses thing for awhile. Deciding she must’ve been sleeping.

However, I’m now leaning towards the fact that she did have contacts in. Perhaps she put in contacts at her parents and had a spare set at the bf place. That makes logical sense. Everything else about the home makes it clear she left it on her own accord (especially if it’s proven that a pair of shoes is missing)

That would leave, early morning walking to her moms or a ride share.

There could’ve been a hit and run, but it’s too strange for her body to be missing. I’m ruling that out.

I could be way wrong, but I’m envisioning a middle-age man. Not a young person. And that’s probably because my Hollywood imagination figures it must be some creepy, strange, 40-60 year old man.

But then I ask myself, is it really that easy to pluck someone off the street? Unless it was pouring and he offered a ride? Again, I’m assuming there was only one perp.

Based off of where they’re searching, she had to of gotten, or was forced, into a vehicle at some point.

If she was in a vehicle and realized she was being taken, perhaps she attempted to run when he parked near the park area, dropping her shirt that she was holding. (If it was the daycare shirt, which details of that seem confusing now)

Long time reader /new member. thank you.
A couple of thoughts I wanted to share.
1.Mollie had recently obtained a passport (for the upcoming trip to DR, I assume). I wonder where that passport was issued; and where the photo was taken/by whom?
2.My mind also keeps returning to the medical center where she worked. New job; who has she met there? Who does she eat with and talk with?
Who might be attracted to her?
Who might be jealous of her relationship with boyfriend?
Was Mollie talking about the Dominican Republic trip, to people at work?

~I radiate love to others; I receive love, in a beautiful cycle. I am grateful.~

Last edited:
I woke up this morning with the news that Alenka Yumara, the 15-year old girl from Germany who disappeared in Madrid - Spain 11 days ago was found safe last night. I was expecting the worst as at the time of her disappearance she was not carrying her mobile phone, documentation or money.

Completely different circumstances, age, family dynamics etc to Mollie's disappearance but I remain hopeful -although hope is waning I must confess- that hers will also have a happy ending.

Following and catching up with good thoughts and prayers for Mollie.
As it seems likely she is gone gone gone, I have to hold my tongue. I am continuing to spread the word as much as possible among the trucking community as well as the bikers et al.
This reminds me that I often "blurt" and that I really shouldn't, because I don't know anything valid to add at this point. Ya'll are doing a great job here on these threads.
{I often have to take the "hint" that I was born with twice as many ears as tongues....}
Chi

I keep coming back to the CCTV/other video footage that was supposedly taken from Casey's. I am trying to figure out if this footage was of interest to LE because it had the perp, MT (either on her jog or grabbing food before studying) or to help answer the question, 'who was in Brooklyn' that night? A thread the other night looked at eating options locally and there weren't many that stayed open after the 6-8 pm window, other than the truck stops. I wonder if she ran out quickly to Casey's to grab something to eat either by herself or with somebody else. The supposed 15 min jog is something else that has always been troubling and I don't know if its tied into grabbing something to eat or perhaps meeting someone in town? The only 'known' is the informal timeline is that she didn't eat at Mother's house and was earlier dropped off by brother at 530 at BF house. Wonder if she wanted some food before or after studying?

I think she was abducted somewhere at the end of Pershing, maybe around Green St. (The only sightings of her are at the beginning of her jog, the jog was 15 minutes - 15 minutes into her jog, going east on Pershing, it gets less populated) The way out of that area may have taken the perp past Casey's. Or that's the only camera anywhere around that part of town.

With MT’s moms comments to Daily Mail, my thought on what happened has really shifted. Unless her and DJ are colluding for some reason with LE to lie and deceive public, MT was taken on the run.

If it happened on the run, window of her being taken is down to 7:30 PM to 8:45 PM since she was seen running at the former and the latter is the max amount of time she’d run for per fam members with some buffer.

That also explains everything about why the house looked as it did (in order) and why LE hasn’t treated it like a crime scene. Only question then is - sans where is she obv - was this a random abductor, someone she knew or someone who knew her (stalker).

Info is beginning to seep out and more searches are starting to happen in specific areas. Feels like we are close to a breakthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber