Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• still shot from video of shirt.jpeg
    still shot from video of shirt.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 76
  • supposed red shirt found.JPG
    supposed red shirt found.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 67
She goes to the university out of town. I wonder if she had any “admirers” there last year who may have shown up that Wednesday evening. Did she live at the dorms last year? Was the dorm coed? Did she have a social life there or return home to be with her boyfriend every weekend? Have there been any interviews with her former roommates and/or classmates?

Here's what I'm wondering: If the Daily Mail article is correct and Mollie usually drove the shared car to work, why wasn't her family concerned or at least curious about why she didn't come get the car that morning and didn't answer her brother's text? Is it because she sometimes got a ride to work with someone else?

There is no limit to where my imagination takes me when considering what happened to Mollie. While I am on the fence about the 'who' and 'why'....I feel sadly bleak about 'what' happened to her. I feel it is going to be bad and has likely resulted in her death.
I would like to be wrong here, but that is not what my gut tells me.

I hope her loved ones get answers soon.

I’m not sure that it can be concluded that Mollie was taken while out of the house or shortly upon entering the house based on the dogs being downstairs. I know her BF said they were only downstairs when they were home alone, but no one actually knows what kind of routine Mollie had with them when she was alone. Maybe they were being really naughty so she put them downstairs for a bit to get a break. Maybe she put them downstairs because she needed peace and quiet to do her homework/eat/shower/veg out. Maybe she put them downstairs to sleep because she felt like sleeping alone that night. I feel like the dogs being downstairs may not be as important to the timeline as we think - then again, it may be. Who knows??

There are a thousand ways this could have happened - and her phone will tell the location - but I think it’s safe to say the motive was sexual.

Someone could've asked her for help probably just as likely as grabbing her outright.

I was considering an Israel Keyes type perpetrator as well. Hence the large FBI presence. Maybe there are some details of the case that are similar to someone who they haven't caught yet, and they are thinking he may have something to do with her dissapearance. It would be interesting to know how many unsolved cases have occurred in the last few years, and where.

With MT’s moms comments to Daily Mail, my thought on what happened has really shifted. Unless her and DJ are colluding for some reason with LE to lie and deceive public, MT was taken on the run.

If it happened on the run, window of her being taken is down to 7:30 PM to 8:45 PM since she was seen running at the former and the latter is the max amount of time she’d run for per fam members with some buffer.

That also explains everything about why the house looked as it did (in order) and why LE hasn’t treated it like a crime scene. Only question then is - sans where is she obv - was this a random abductor, someone she knew or someone who knew her (stalker).

Info is beginning to seep out and more searches are starting to happen in specific areas. Feels like we are close to a breakthrough.
I agree. I am backtracking my theory that she disappeared from the house, based on the new statements about the red shirt. When it was reported missing, it seemed semi-obvious she must have been wearing it and therefore was taken sometime after she made it home from her jog. Now with reports of all her jogging attire being missing, I’m def believing she never made it back from her run. As to the computer and school work, possible she was on it before her run and left it on and open? Perhaps connection was slow and she meant to return and finish up. Would help explain the comment about working late into evening on her MacBook. My head is spinning trying to re-sort, reboot, recalculate. Hoping for happy ending but overwhelmed with fear and sadness for Mollie and her family.

This whole red shirt issue is baffling.. there are a picture in video that showed her on a bus with another counselor from camp the logo is on the right chest of the shirt and the one the daily mail Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online is showing the logo in the center of the shirt. I have both pictures attached
I believe this was her second summer working there, so it's possible that photo on the bus is from the previous summer and they change up the shirt from year to year (seems likely to me as that's what the camps around here do).

I don't think this is an abduction. I think it was a stranger attack in a secluded area while she was out running. There have been several instances of these types of attacks on women runners in the summer months in secluded areas. Her body may have been moved after the attack. I really hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
With MT’s moms comments to Daily Mail, my thought on what happened has really shifted. Unless her and DJ are colluding for some reason with LE to lie and deceive public, MT was taken on the run.

If it happened on the run, window of her being taken is down to 7:30 PM to 8:45 PM since she was seen running at the former and the latter is the max amount of time she’d run for per fam members with some buffer.

That also explains everything about why the house looked as it did (in order) and why LE hasn’t treated it like a crime scene. Only question then is - sans where is she obv - was this a random abductor, someone she knew or someone who knew her (stalker).

Info is beginning to seep out and more searches are starting to happen in specific areas. Feels like we are close to a breakthrough.
I only saw one eyewitness account that listed the time, I think that was on Mollies FB page. Can you tell me where the other ones are?

Following this case. Given the number of days that have elapsed and lack of evidence of a struggle or intruder, I now believe only one scenario is likely. She was abducted by a stranger who transported her, assaulted her, killed her, and dumped her body, some distance from the house. It's a crime of opportunity. She's not being held, she didn't run away, and her abductor is not known to her. Whether she was abducted in the evening or the morning is unclear. Both seem plausible.

It's a grotesque scenario, and I fervently hope that I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Just to assure everyone, I-80 is being plastered with Mollie's info. Every eye counts. We are shaking the ground for you, Mollie. The link to the east was interesting, tho entirely unverified. All anyone has to do is google map it... {not to be cryptic, just don't want to derail with unfounded claims...I am referring to the Omaha truckstop "sighting"}
jmo

Here's what I'm wondering: If the Daily Mail article is correct and Mollie usually drove the shared car to work, why wasn't her family concerned or at least curious about why she didn't come get the car that morning and didn't answer her brother's text? Is it because she sometimes got a ride to work with someone else?

All newspapers, even good ones, misquote people. Everyone I know who has been interviewed for a newspaper article has found themselves misquoted. So it's possible this is just bad reporting.

I'm a few pages back and trying to catch up, but there's a question that's been in my head the past few days about the pig farms. Would they be likely to take on seasonal workers from the 16 to 21 yr old demographic in the local towns?

What if this was a DUI driver that hit her by accident, and then panicked and hid her body? Surely never thought it would blow up to this level of media coverage, and if drunk, probably didn’t think things through too much. Or, she could have even flown through the air once hit and landed somewhere in a field. Hit and run.

I was considering an Israel Keyes type perpetrator as well. Hence the large FBI presence. Maybe there are some details of the case that are similar to someone who they haven't caught yet, and they are thinking he may have something to do with her dissapearance. It would be interesting to know how many unsolved cases have occurred in the last few years, and where.
There actually is a case very much like Mollie's that occurred in Mason City, which is a couple of hours away. It happened in the summer of 1995 but they never found her or who took her.

Her name is Jodi Huisentruit. She was a news anchor. She was 27 at the time but she looked younger, like Mollie, and she was taken when she walked outside to get into her car. In her case, some of her belongings were found next to her car, so there was evidence of a struggle. Otherwise, they wouldn't have known that she was abducted.

The same could have happened to Mollie. She didn't have any belongings that weren't on her person so there wouldn't be any signs of a struggle like there was with Jodi but the circumstances are very similar and the case is still active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul3398