Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, that this is a good possibility.
I'm one of those people who has believed all along that she disappeared Wednesday night, but I wanted to point out that both views of the shirt could be correct. Someone just said (I'm too lazy to look back to see who, sorry) that it had been stated that the employees got the red shirt the day before the trip (Wednesday), and MT's mother said that both of her red shirts were at the house. Isn't it possible that she had 2 red shirts at home, got the new one at work that day and brought it with her to DJ's house so she'd have one no matter which place she was at when she needed one?[/QUOTE

things

has the perp gone to great effort to hide Mollie? or have we just not found her yet and she is close by, in a cornfield or somewhere we missed?

she runs every day, so there is a lot to be said for some one maybe not even stalking her but seeing her everyday , running alone.

running with earbuds is dangerous, she may not have heard a car behind her. She is a very small person and would be easy to attack from behind, a gun would not be necessary if she was quickly rendered unconscious.

rural areas are fringe.

quiet, surrounded by wilderness, full of hiding places, scarce neighbors..lots uf uninhabited dwellings and structures and screams will not be heard.

Its very interesting that this happened on the one night there were no men in that house.

her day was just like any other day.

MOO

Here's what I'm wondering: If the Daily Mail article is correct and Mollie usually drove the shared car to work, why wasn't her family concerned or at least curious about why she didn't come get the car that morning and didn't answer her brother's text? Is it because she sometimes got a ride to work with someone else?
It would appear they were concerned. Brother called her to see if she needed a ride, she didn't respond. Her place of work was called and they found out she never made it to work. Brother called police and reported her missing.

I was originally sure it was an early morning situation but after her mom said none of the running clothing/electronics from jog have been found, I am feeling it was during the jog. Mom said the computer log in/homework is not confirmed time wise. Also, the jog is PREDICTABLE for a perp stalking her. Seems her am routine was NOT as predictable, her brother was going to come for her, sometimes she had her car or Dalton’s truck, etc. LE most likely knows if shower was used... she arrived at house at 5:30 pm, shower could be great indicator. If it was dry she probably didn’t return.
I agree, although she could have been taken when she returned to the house before she was able to go inside.

Most people I know who keep their dogs downstairs while they are gone want to keep them from getting into things upstairs. I’ve seen them put their dogs downstairs if children come over. It’s a safe place for the dogs. If the dogs bark while your busy visiting they go downstairs.

Here is a link I found today. There are many photos. If you scroll down to the last of the photos you’ll find a photo of her and the dogs. One is 1/2 Pitbull 1/2 Lab the other is a boxer mix. I’d feel real safe with them.
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

Mom said that both red tee shirts were found in her room. That changes things for me definitely and it makes me wonder about that statement by the neighbor that she was on her computer that night.

processing lots of thoughts after that article/yesterdays pc. right now, only two thoughts i feel are worth sharing

-while i appreciate brooklyn is a small town, i think its important to note mollie's network expanded significantly beyond that by attending university of iowa and having lived part of her childhood in CA with one parent still there. college, much more so than high school, is a time where the independent and transient lifestyle allows you to reconnect with random people and from there make new connections. i remember so many people in college being like "oh i went to camp w this girl in the dorm on this street, shes cool lets ask her to hang out" or "this guy in my roommate's boyfriend's chemistry class went to the same high school as my cousin and hes super cute, will you come to this party w me to meet him". mollie seems incredibly likable and social, i wonder if there was someone she reconnected with from california in her college years or friends she met at college that were out of state and introduced her to other people on school breaks etc. i realize that she has a serious bf and seems to have enjoyed time in her hometown but she also spent a significant amount of time on a college campus.

-since were not sure how they are locked into the basement - mainly, is a door actually closed or is a walk down basement w a baby gate where they can see up the stairs - there is prob wiggle room to debate this point however after seeing a pic of the two cute pups in the dm article, i have a hard time believing if anything remotely violent happened in the home or outside the home within earshot/window view, the dogs would have been found in the basement as if nothing happened. im not saying small dogs arent as protective or smart but given their size, i think there would have been OBVIOUS signals of distress/trying to escape the basement (huge new door scratches, bitten baby gate) or they actually would have gotten out. dogs are pack animals and mollie was prob considered part of their pack (the brother/fiance as the master if they are the owners followed by mollie and her bf), so they would have tried to protect her to their death, even if day to day they are gentle souls.

i realize most of us, including myself, didnt think it was that likely there was a struggle in the home given no evidence was left behind but it was a possibility for me. i realize an intruder (known or stranger) could force her at knife/gun point but i think mollie would have put up a bit of struggle - just a guess/speculation on my end - which the dogs would hear. so im definitely leaning more toward something happening on her run/way to get the car or she voluntarily left with someone and it turned ugly later.

Missing Iowa woman Mollie Tibbetts is from Oakland -mentions mollies childhood partly spent in ca

This morning, I'm thinking about:
1. The utility company, on the same block as Dalton&Mollie's house. How many people work there? Male, female?
2. The corn fields, directly across the street from the house (Visible on Google). The corn, in late July, would be six, maybe seven feet tall and growing dense and thick. A place for a stalker to hide?

~Peace~Calm~Alert~Aware~

One other random thought that I am sure we all share... we are seeking to find our way thru the cobwebs in this case with the intent of finding the "spider" who caused them.
The "spider" is the key to unraveling the spider's web. Always.
and @minazoe such "creatures" live on the fringe.
Great thoughts from you today.
Chi

I agree, that this is a good possibility.
I'm one of those people who has believed all along that she disappeared Wednesday night, but I wanted to point out that both views of the shirt could be correct. Someone just said (I'm too lazy to look back to see who, sorry) that it had been stated that the employees got the red shirt the day before the trip (Wednesday), and MT's mother said that both of her red shirts were at the house. Isn't it possible that she had 2 red shirts at home, got the new one at work that day and brought it with her to DJ's house so she'd have one no matter which place she was at when she needed one?

I also presumed that she got a special shirt for the field trip. Sometimes daycares print shirts for field trips with little ones that have their phone number on it. This way if a kid gets lost, they can be identified and contacted quickly. Now I doubt this.

If the shirts were in her room at mom’s, she would need to go home that evening to get one. It’s plausible that she decided to extend her jog and head there for dinner without stopping at her Boyfriend’s house. This would be an efficient use of time.

things

has the perp gone to great effort to hide Mollie? or have we just not found her yet and she is close by, in a cornfield or somewhere we missed?

she runs every day, so there is a lot to be said for some one maybe not even stalking her but seeing her everyday , running alone.

running with earbuds is dangerous, she may not have heard a car behind her. She is a very small person and would be easy to attack from behind, a gun would not be necessary if she was quickly rendered unconscious.

rural areas are fringe.

quiet, surrounded by wilderness, full of hiding places, scarce neighbors..lots uf uninhabited dwellings and structures and screams will not be heard.

Its very interesting that this happened on the one night there were no men in that house.

MOO

BBM - you've got me thinking that's no coincidence...

things

rural areas are fringe.

MOO
I read in one report that her boyfriend left on the 17th and would return that Friday. Not sure about the brother and fiancée.

I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around the ‘no locking doors’ mentality. I grew up in a small town like that and I can remember when that wasn’t a necessity. But that was 20 years ago and things have changed. I can see the boyfriend being that way but I just have a difficult time imagining a female thinking that way.

I live in the country outside of a small midwest town and a long way away from anything resembling a city. I don't think I know anybody who locks all the doors to their house and most people don't even take the keys out of their vehicles or machinery.

We didn't even HAVE keys for the doors to the house I grew up in. Most of us have loaded guns and dogs instead and that is a well known fact that probably helps keep any riffraff out of places they are not supposed to be.

-while i appreciate brooklyn is a small town, i think its important to note mollie's network expanded significantly beyond that by attending university of iowa and having lived part of her childhood in CA with one parent still there. college, much more so than high school, is a time where the independent and transient lifestyle allows you to reconnect with random people and from there make new connections. i remember so many people in college being like "oh i went to camp w this girl in the dorm on this street, shes cool lets ask her to hang out" or "this guy in my roommate's boyfriend's chemistry class went to the same high school as my cousin and hes super cute, will you come to this party w me to meet him". mollie seems incredibly likable and social, i wonder if there was someone she reconnected with from california in her college years or friends she met at college that were out of state and introduced her to other people on school breaks etc. i realize that she has a serious bf and seems to have enjoyed time in her hometown but she also spent a significant amount of time on a college campus.

Hello! Long time reader and first time posting! Being a fellow runner, this case caught my eye and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all. I had been wondering the same thing in regards to who she meet at college/hung out with/friends of friends there, etc. I know that when I was in college, you kind of had your old high school friends and your new college friends and didn't always do things with the 2 groups together.

Also, my thoughts go to the cell phone data - I would assume that LE would be able to see the basic activity of texts and phone calls via access to her cell service provider, as in calls in/out and texts in/out with a date and time? Usually you can see all that information on your cell bill. Would a cell provider or manufacture (Apple in this case since she had an iphone) be able to see what the actual contents of text messages would have been?

I really hope that there are some answers soon. My heart breaks for her family and for MT. :(

BBM - you've got me thinking that's no coincidence...
same...it would be a great opportunity for someone to have an opportunity with mollie alone.

taking this a step further, while low on my list, i cant rule out a female POI. this is far fetched but what if it was someone that was in love with DJ and purposefully picked that night/time period so she made sure he would have a solid alibi, along with his brother/brothers fiance. and uses mollie missing as a way to get close to him. hes a cute guy, i wouldnt be surprised if a few girls in their social circle/town liked him.

far fetched, ik but the shape of a jealous female cant be ruled out entirely for me given what little we have to go on.

things

rural areas are fringe.

MOO

Dear Minazoe,

You have great points in your post (as usual) !

The fact you brought up - that there was no one in the house does lead me to think that possibly this was the "perfect storm", so to speak, for someone who had been watching Mollie's movements to take her.

There was no one - man or woman - in the house to be concerned that Mollie hadn't returned from her jog within a certain time period. This fact alone would cause the perp to know they had time on their side.

If the perp was watching her Mollie and ascertained there had been no other people there for a day or so - was this the opportunity he was waiting for?

I don't know, of course. Was this a coincidence that she was "disappeared" while being the only one in the house? My thought is this was no coincidence, but again, that's just my thought.

Did the fact that there were no cars in the driveway, especially no work trucks, cause someone to take this opportunity?

As you mentioned, Mollie regularly ran. This could have drawn someone's attention to her and led them to discover she was alone in the house.

My first thought was that the perp is someone who Mollie knew from the community, perhaps not well, but someone she knew. That's why I wondered if she accepted a ride from that person, while en route to her Mom's house.

For those of you who have theories that do not involve the pig farm, what is your theory for why the investigators searched there twice? It isn't in Brooklyn.

I'll bite. I believe her digital footprint led LE there. That doesn't necessarily mean she was/is there, however. Her fitbit or phone could have been tossed there.

But you're right, there aren't that many scenarios that would warrant a search there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul3398