Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from last thread, still catching up:

(respectfully snipped)
iirc...that was rains too iirc..Amy Ahonen after the floods...sorry talking out loud...so upstream was a post by “stormy” about how it was “stormy”...has specific weather history/data been posted yet? Will bring fwd ...she mentioned high rivers? SOrry trying to keep up, catching up...need to read and stare at map. Have you guys discussed the water yet? Sure you have, sorry following many cases at once, will shut up and stare at map now. This thread seems to be running better now, thank you Harmony2and Tricia.

Hi margarita, a link to wunderground.
Hopefully it sticks on the date of July 19th.
Up until 9:00 a.m., it looks like it was at least raining lightly with the heaviest rain falling during the 4:00 a.m. hour.
July 18th doesn't show any precipitation.

Even if this post is a repeat, it gave me something useful to contribute.

Grinnell Regional, IA History | Weather Underground

The family looked so distraught today, in contrast to the positivity of when they announced the reward yesterday. Hope is waning. I honestly have believed Mollie was alive until yesterday due to the searches. Now, today...the community must be exhausted, the family will never be the same. I'm praying for comfort for everyone involved. Let's get Mollie home!
jmo

Most modern day Hog/Pig confinements are large barns that are built over a basement of sorts. The basement is the manure pit. Slots in the concrete flooring that the hogs stand on allows the manure to drain into the pit.

A hog manure pit would be the perfect place to dispose of a body. The smell of a decomposing body would be masked by the smell of the hog manure. A dead body weighted with sink to the bottom of the pit and likely never be found, unless the pit was pumped.

Picture of the floor being installed over the manure pit for a hog confinement.

images

JMO

Like button working any better now? Seems if I roll along liking too much I get booted. Not complaining just sayin.....so for now I like 99.9% posts

O/T I've had the same problem for days. I see a LOT of this all day long, every day:
www.websleuths.com took too long to respond.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

OR
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

OR
This site can’t be reached
www.websleuths.com refused to connect.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Glad your head didn't cave in. :D

Thank you so much for the primer on Snapchat. I really think snapchat is instrumental in this case.

It also may not be that important to the case beyond providing information to construct a more detailed timeline. Only LE would know for sure, and I do hope they examined her Snapchat account and everyone who she is "friends" with or has been receiving or exchanging messages with. I also wanted to explain Snapchat because I saw some theories that linked Mollie's disappearance with the Delphi murders, which involved one of the girls posting on Snapchat, as if there could be a potential serial killer who stakes out victims on Snapchat. While not impossible, the application is extremely popular, especially among young people, and the privacy settings that I explained earlier would usually prevent some total unknown from stalking people through Snapchat. But, who knows?

My personal take on this case is that Mollie was abducted by a stranger, who may live near Brooklyn or may not. Did Mollie walk to work? Like many others here, I do think that she went missing in the morning before work, but perhaps she was walking and a neighbor from town who she knew of offered to give her a lift. It's also possible that she was just taken forcefully as well.

With such little information, it's hard to "sleuth" based on evidence. Theory after theory keeps coming to my mind, and part of me does wonder if it's a stranger abduction by a serial killer in the area who is also responsible for other missing person(s) and that's why LE is so closed-lipped. HOWEVER, if this were the case, I feel like they'd warn the public that a serial killer was on the loose rather than telling people to "take normal precautions" UNLESS they don't want to create hysteria that's already somewhat present, since this kind of thing is "so rare" in Iowa, yet it happens unfortunately.

I was watching a Criminal Minds episode last night where a serial killer would abduct a younger boy and an older girl aka a younger brother and older sister. It got me thinking about Jake Wilson, and how "responsible" Mollie was described. She even retweeted a tweet on Twitter describing herself as a "mom" girlfriend. I wondered "What if someone took Jake, and he's still alive, and the abductor was looking for his perfect 'big sister' to play out some sick fantasy?")

The theory itself is completely out there, and might not even be in the realm of possibility - however, with no actual facts to go off, who knows, it could be a possibility.

Crime is not unheard of in Iowa, and when it happens, law enforcement tries to cover it up/keep it closed lip. I work at a cemetery in Iowa, and before I worked at the cemetery I had no idea about some of the crimes that happen in my state. I've learned a lot of inside details about situations the media didn't cover.

Last edited:
In this PC the sheriff says if anyone anywhere outside of Iowa believes they see Mollie they are to call their local le - was this mentioned in first PC? I only remember them asking who was in Brooklyn Iowa on 7/18
I think this was a result of the potential sighting in Missouri that turned out to not be her. Just sort of a general note that in order to allow somebody to respond right away you have to go to 911/ local police, not contact LE in Iowa who would then have to play telephone to get it checked out. I don't know that it indicates they actually think she's outside of the state.

I don't think that W C is the perp. If he was I think he'd have refused the no-warrant search since he's had plenty of experience dealing with LE in the past and knows his legal rights.

But, IMO, the actual perp knew about the legal past/reputation of WC and used this to his advantage by drawing attention that direction. I'd be inclined to to look at people who knew this area and it's residents well, knew Mollie and her schedule, living arrangements and patterns well and that might have been/or were supposed to be in the opposite direction of this farm at the time of her disappearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very impressed by the decorum the younger men involved are displaying. I don't think my youngest 2 sons at 19 and 20 could stand by and not go after whom they think did this...

I think the entire family has maintained the most gracious demeanor during this awful ordeal. I couldn't hold up myself. They have been very strong.
jmo

With few answers around Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance, citizen sleuths surface online
I don't think I have seen this link posted - interesting how they address online sleuthing. They also attempt a timeline in their article.

Boyfriend Ruled Out as Suspect in Iowa Student's Disappearance — as Police Search Pig Farm
snipped...Investigators are also poring over the data recovered from Tibbetts’ social media accounts and her fitness tracker as well as extensive surveillance footage from the area.
Extensive surveillance - how have I missed this? IF she disappeared around the house, and the house has no cameras - there isn't a lot between the house and the road except that drop box utility place - Now I am thinking they would have cameras because of the bill payment and this could be the extensive surveillance footage.
Also re the potential surveillance is that it’s now (and has been for a while) pretty much standard in all Police Investigations to not only examine footage in the immediate area obviously, but also along possible routes, tollways, shopping centers, gas stations ...for example they could have looked for the different vehicles maybe passing by at a certain time, then try to examine and isolate the different make and models, track the different owners down...eliminate and exclude as necessary....different possibilities.

Most modern day Hog/Pig confinements are large barns that are built over a basement of sorts. The basement is the manure pit. Slots in the concrete flooring that the hogs stand on allows the manure to drain into the pit.

A hog manure pit would be the perfect place to dispose of a body. The smell of a decomposing body would be masked by the smell of the hog manure. A dead body weighted with sink to the bottom of the pit and likely never be found, unless the pit was pumped.

images

JMO

Wow. These hog confinements are every bit as large as I was envisioning if we are seeing just a section of it.

That does sound like an ideal place to hide a body.
I hope LE has enough tips to focus on where she may be and search whatever needs searched.

images

JMO

plus the smell is 100x worse in late July/early August.

Just a thought. I wonder if they are monitoring POI’s internet browsing. By putting nothing out to the public, it may force the perp to seek out sleuthing information/ news articles to see what may really be leaking or what is known. Maybe seek out thought processes of others in the absence of being able to grasp an idea of LE thoughts.
I think that's absolutely a possibility. In both interviews, although they did not come out and confirm a POI, there was never a "no." The body language and the way the answer was conveyed really leads us to believe they are hot on someone's trail IMO. Like it has been stated on this thread, for whatever weird reason, people like to admire their own work. It wouldn't be uncommon for the perp to continue watching all PSc and doing research of their own. It's sick and twisted but a reality. IMO I believe they have someone in their sights and are waiting until they have enough solid evidence to make the arrest. But I also believe they wouldn't be scouring fields, ditches, and ponds if they believed Mollie were still alive.

ok.. it was just that a news paper had a picture of her, her grandma and 3 brothers? I thought the 3rd guy could of been DJ but it didn't look like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evada12