Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the same thing.. The Dad is still looking for MT.. He was scanning and looking at every face in the audience, probably waiting for someone to even blink the wrong way. Also, LE could have told him in a pre PC briefing to watch for signs during the PC. JMO
I wonder if LE could have coached the family to make eye contact with those in attendance to see if anyone looks away or reacts in an odd way. I'm certain there is a playbook in cases like this and based on how tight-lipped they are I'd bet they're adhering to it closely.

So what seems to be the overall consensus here? Not that our opinion matters in reality, but curious to see what people's thoughts are, especially those of individuals who are experienced sleuths.
It’s someone close in age, a local, and a known. Perhaps even someone considered a friend, or friend of friend. Amateur opinion and speculation only.

The possibilities are endless. My brain and heart hurt just thinking about it all. I hope for a happy ending like everybody else. But I join others in being much less confident after yesterday's search.

At this point, I can't help but wonder if there were at least 2 perp's involved. Mollie was taken without a trace so having some assistance would make this more possible.

It's just wild to me how little LE has to work with. I believe LE is truly doing the best they can. They obviously know a ton more than they're willing to share, and I'm alright with that.

I think they have a general idea for when/where Mollie was taken, and probably a few POI's as well. Regarding the latter, don't think there's overwhelming evidence to arrest anybody, probably just "suspicions." And that does worry me.

I think we're in for the long haul but as long as this thing gets solved (the sooner the better), that's what matters. Hoping for the best outcome for Mollie's wonderful family and friends.

So for bad posters who stayed up entirely too late and are only just now coming around, what has today brought us, in twenty-five words or less, written on a 3" x 5" card, and handed directly to me, thanks.

Okay, okay, I shall go back and read!

So what seems to be the overall consensus here? Not that our opinion matters in reality, but curious to see what people's thoughts are, especially those of individuals who are experienced sleuths.
I think there is more there one consensus based on what is allowed and not allowed to be discussed since LE is not releasing anything. I totally agree with the rules of websleuths but the limited amount of information and the no existent list of suspect/poi's makes a true consensus very difficult to ascertain IMO. Statistics would lean towards a known person and that Mollie is no longer alive.

I just read about Jessie's life and what that monster Daniel Bartelt did to her and the beautiful foundation her dad has created in her memory: The Love is Greater than Hate Project. RIP Jessie and personally I am just sad there is no death penalty in Wisconsin. I don't see the point of keeping that "thing" alive :mad:

The lack of information from LE is reminding me of the case of the beautiful, talented Jessie Blodgett that took place five summers ago in my hometown (there is a thread on her if you are interested). Her life was taken from her one morning while she was in bed and her parents were at work. There was national coverage, and MSM mentioned POIs, but those of us in this small mid-western town knew who it was all along (I have a daughter two years younger than Jessie and the rumor mill was accurate), and it wasn't the POIs being mentioned. Although I don't think the FBI was involved, our amazing small town police force put a lot of information together and got the right guy, while remaining tightlipped. Anyway, my point is, small town people talk and I am sure that LE, and most likely the family, know exactly what is going on. They just have to dot their "i"s and cross their "t"s. I have faith in this police force and the FBI manpower.

I just read about Jessie's life and what that monster Daniel Bartelt did to her and the beautiful foundation her dad has created in her memory: The Love is Greater than Hate Project. RIP Jessie and personally I am just sad there is no death penalty in Wisconsin. I don't see the point of keeping that "thing" alive :mad:
Thank you. It was a horrible time for our little city, and everyone is thankful he was caught. Her father has done a remarkable job of keeping her memory alive...

I keep having thoughts in the back of my mind that MT had some kind of secret life/friends on other SM platforms that nobody knew about. Someone earlier posted a theory that my brain keeps telling me but I keep blocking out because I don't know her so am only assuming what her friends/fam have said is true. A scenario I don't want to entertain but have to at this point is:

- MT has contacts or acquaintances on some SM platform - maybe even POF/Tinder/etc. - could even be former people she knew or was involved with
- Person she knows but not many outside of her knows that she knows reaches out to her, wants to have different relationship, etc.
- MT comes to her senses and says no, she loves DJ, etc. and is going to DR with him
- Person knows she's by herself, wants to come over to talk, secretly isn't happy they've been jilted - perhaps they've even become obsessed
- MT is expecting someone so puts dogs in basement, grabs phone, certainly won't SM anyone because nobody is supposed to know about this person & it's late; won't need contacts because she's just going to talk
- Person has ulterior motives unbeknownst to MT - has the "if I can't have you, nobody will" attitude
- Talk goes poorly, MT refuses, person pounces, MT gone

I feel dirty even typing that but at this point you have to think it could be a possibility. I really hope I'm wrong but a random abductor makes much less sense at this stage than someone MT knew given the known state of the house, what she had with her, etc.
This theory makes a lot of sense to me, especially if the perp is known to her. Has the state of the house upon discovery been publicly described? Just find it a bit strange that we don't know that. I assume that "nothing out of the ordinary" was found in the house, but perhaps if her family and friends searched it before LE, it likely contaminated the scene.

Taking everything at face value and going only from what we know to be facts - IMHO Mollie was abducted. She had a family and boyfriend and was in regular contact with them. She was not depressed or suicidal; quite the opposite, she was looking foward to her trip to the DR. As to who abducted her, IMHO, it could be someone she met at college - a professor or fellow student - someone she knew who had a secret obsession. Or not. We really don't have enough information at this point. The fact that LE is searching in the opposite direction of where Mollie was running tells me that they have an idea of where she is/was.

Yes, makes perfect sense to me. And unless Mollie had her privacy settings to public (which is not the default and from my experience rare among non-celebrities), Mollie's snapchat stories/ location would be invisible to X. Mollie and X would have to add each other, and any personal things shared between A and B are only between A and B. Only stories are available to all friends, but again, usually to see stories, one must be mutually connected to the other party to see their story. Does that make sense?

Thank you Pelican95! I am now wondering if LE can retrieve snaps which were never made part of a story.
And I wonder if someone can use a tablet or computer and the snip tool to avoid notification sent to someone about screenshooting someone's image?

Manure is applied to the fields after the crops are harvested which is generally in October, November.

Depends on the crop. Here they spread July/August.

Someone on FB had mentioned the Stephen McDaniel case and some of the similarities. Nothing disturbed in the house, her wallet etc left behind. The guy was interviewed and acting strange.

I watched some videos on it and there are some
commonalities.

Just remember they know her timeline. That’s what we DONT KNOW. They are hiding that from the public for a reason. Most likely so the public doesn’t go and break down someone’s door where she was last seen.

They know when she ran, they know if she got home, they know when she left, they know where she travelled. They know when she last logged into all her accounts and who she was talking to. They know if the house was disturbed they know where her friends were etc.

I don’t for a second believe they don’t know who did something with her. They are waiting for the golden opportunity to nail this and watching with their 30-45 agents in the meantime to make sure nothing changes.

The prophecy that was to be revealed in today’s presser did not come to pass. So much for our “insider” information.

Since the rumor about a red shirt is already out, why would it hurt LE to admit they found a shirt? Even if they don't expand upon what they found, the perp would know if it is 'the' shirt or not.
Honestly, I can't understand this case (LE behavior) one bit.

I got booted and lost this post (I thought). Then, it reappeared so I tried to delete it.
Now, I can't delete - so I'll post it afterall.

Iowa is not a very populated state.

So, I'm 80% certain the police know more than what they are telling the media. (they are probably trying to see if there's a possible connection to other missing people in the area - or they don't want the suspects to panic by revealing too much.)

Also, just because the boyfriend talked to the police/media first, I wouldn't rule him out as a suspect.

My theory = Molly and her boyfriend could have been in the process of breaking up their relationship that instance and then something happened. From what I remember reading, they were supposed to attend a wedding together. Maybe, just maybe, the boyfriend couldn't cope with the fact that he would have to go alone?
The police have actually said that they cleared Mollie's boyfriend. Other people are said by law enforcement as cleared as well. Has nothing to do with whether he spoke to the media or police first.

I don't believe for one moment she just took off. I can't see using that amount of resources for someone who did a runner, especially the intense federal presence. And she doesn't seem at all flaky or impulsive.

I think this case has drawn so much media coverage because things like this just aren't supposed to happen in small town idyllic places like Brooklyn, Iowa. And Mollie could be everyone's BFF, sister, niece, daughter, babysitter, classmate, co-worker. And she's gone. Just. Gone.
Totally agree. I just don't see someone in her situation just taking off and putting so many people through so much pain. She had the family wedding, resuming school, a good family, etc., etc. all going for her.
Stranger abduction or a vehicle killing her are tops on my list -- in either case, her body (if she is not still alive) may likely be miles away from Brooklyn.

Mystery Shrouds Disappearance Of Iowa College Student | HuffPost

Quoting linked article from the HuffPost dated 07/24:
The FBI on Monday served a search warrant at the house shared by Jack and his brother. What, if anything, was found is not yet known.

FWIW, I have been scouring the internet looking for any references to searches by LE of the bf's/bf's brother's home; so far, this is the only article I've been able to find that mentions a search of the house.

The article was published on Tuesday, 07/24 and MT went missing 07/18-07/19, so if the HuffPost is to be believed (big if IMO), then an FBI search took place on Monday, 07/23/18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman