Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Otto mentioned details that could point to a different scenario.

I haven't been able to find his post about this.

The details that we are aware of are significant. But how do they all fit in?

Just a thought.. I’m new to this discussion so this may have been mentioned. Has anyone thought about the possibility of Mollie seeing someone else while her BF was out of town?

Yes, I just made this suggestion a few posts earlier and it is my #2 most likely scenario.

Not necessarily that she's IN a romantic relationship with somebody and cheating on her BF at the time she goes missing, but that she maybe had a fling during college or something of that nature and she jogged off to meet this person to talk so as not to be spotted by the neighbors. It makes a lot of sense and answers a lot of questions.

I'm still stuck on my initial theory - that she was walking to her Mom's early the next morning and when the rain got heavier - a car slowed down - someone she knew but not well - and had no reason not to trust them - and she got in the car.
RSBM. One interesting thing about this theory is that she could have taken all the same gear she'd take running to walk to her moms (arm band with phone, earbuds), but maybe not her other stuff if she planned to get the car, go back and shower and maybe let the dogs out one more time, then head to work from the boyfriend's house.

They do. But the victims of a perpetrator like that are going to be more high risk. Willing to accept rides, drifters, sex workers etc. Molly was low risk, and it would be unlikely that she fell into the hands of a super predator. JMO
A victim has to be willing only to accept ONE ride, not necessarily ride after ride as some sort of 'lifestyle' choice. I have, in emergencies, accepted rides on three separate occasions. The *last* vehicle I got in will be my last. I won't go into it, but never again, & I do not fit any high risk profile; just the opposite. I could have been Mollie in the rain in a small town. All it takes is once.

Going over just who LE has probably looked into or interviewed. Mollie's family..dad, mom, brothers, cousins. Residents of the home she is staying in plus their brothers, sisters, family. Neighbors. Electric Workers next door. Workers at the bf's brothers const. company. Town friends. College friends. FB friends. People she worked with. Anybody else you can think of?

It would appear they were concerned. Brother called her to see if she needed a ride, she didn't respond. Her place of work was called and they found out she never made it to work. Brother called police and reported her missing.

I thought that one of Mollie's coworkers became concerned when she didn't show up and contacted Mollie's boyfriend, and he then contacted her family. I don't believe she was reported missing to the police until late that afternoon.

things

has the perp gone to great effort to hide Mollie? or have we just not found her yet and she is close by, in a cornfield or somewhere we missed?

she runs every day, so there is a lot to be said for some one maybe not even stalking her but seeing her everyday , running alone.

running with earbuds is dangerous, she may not have heard a car behind her. She is a very small person and would be easy to attack from behind, a gun would not be necessary if she was quickly rendered unconscious.

rural areas are fringe.

quiet, surrounded by wilderness, full of hiding places, scarce neighbors..lots uf uninhabited dwellings and structures and screams will not be heard.

Its very interesting that this happened on the one night there were no men in that house.

her day was just like any other day.

MOO
If I'm running on the road and not a sidewalk, I leave the earbud closest to the road out of my ear.
I agree with you on it happening the one night no men were home..."if" she were being watched or if it was someone close to her, they would know this. Even if they confronted her while out, they would know that it might not be noticed right away as no one at home would be wondering where she was after a short run.

I respectfully disagree with this being “due diligence”. I believe it is above and beyond. I also don’t agree that we can assume that there is a “total lack” of evidence or even no POI, as I believe that what we “know” and what LE knows, are entirely different things.

I’m going to jump in and risk being beat up a bit.

No where is it law, good manners or policy requiring LE to share anything.

The single reason anything is being shared at the moment is to generate leads and tips in hopes they may developed into info that may help find her.

LE has well trained PR staff that leak or release info designed to pressure suspects and to further the investigation.

A PC is a very well rehearsed presentation. Nothing is shared by accident, and slip ups are rare.

I believe there may be one person fed to the public they have their eyes on. It is no accident that media has paid attention to him.

Many kidnappers with previous convictions morph into much more serious crimes. I don’t think it’s an accident/coincidence that the area is being diligently searched either.

But make no mistake LE is putting this investigation first, the public “desire to know” is far down their list.

I don’t believe the outcome is going to be a positive one due to the time gone by since she’s been missing. I hope I’m wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielfromlb