Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Polygraphs are inherently unreliable and give many false positives and false negatives. I don't blame WC for refusing to take a polygraph. Even if I was completely innocent of a crime, I would never agree to take a polygraph.

I wondered if animal attack could be a possibility.

I found several links about cougars spotted in Iowa. There are 21 confirmed cougars in Iowa since 1995. You can find them on Google if interested.
There are indeed cougars here. We actually had a few Iowa City area schools go to lockdown a few years ago when two were spotted in town. Still, a mountain lion attack in town that nobody sees or hears and leaves no trace seems borderline impossible.

[QUOTE="jashrema, post: 14259266, member:
I wish they had organized searches with the townspeople that resulted in them walking the corn rows one by one.
I totally agree about the search of every row of every cornfield.

I also want people to watch for buzzards or ravens....as in the case of Hannah Graham. If LE had listened to the report of buzzards she would have been found earlier.

On the one hand it seems like a genuine boneheaded move to leave evidence laying around on your property if in fact you had done something illegal. To me, that sounds more like someone being set up, intentionally.
On the other hand, WC being so overly "confident" that they (LE) wont find anything... sort of creeps me out.
Then on the other hand, the FBI are a lot smarter than me and know a lot more about this case than I do, and they're wanting to speak to WC yet again?

FBI speaks to pig farmer for second time about missing Mollie Tibbetts
humans make mistakes
....murder is not a ''common'' human ''job''-- thank god--so it's not a human trait to know how to cover up evidence for it....
..in the serial murders/murders I've read about, there are usually clues left behind/found--even though it might take years to solve the case....
...they even interview/catch/''know''etc the killers and let them go--high profile killers like Ken Bianchi and Gary Ridgeway for examples
...they said she is ''certainly'' not at the farm ...this seems very odd to say, yes?
The disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

agreed sconnie. southeast of brooklyn has been re-visited too often for it not to be a "place of interest"...IMO WC is not a "person of interest" but rather his property is a "place of interest". their previous search at deep river didn't yield a resident so now they've found a human being to actually discuss the property and surroundings. JMO.

Is it possible that they want to discuss the lay of the land with WC, and that he is not a suspect, but someone that can help them in their searches?

Yes, and they have conducted many other follow-up interviews already - some back as far as July 25: Brother of missing jogger believes she is 'fighting her best to get back home'

Authorities are also conducting follow-up interviews, Mortvedt said, because "as you think about things you may remember something later on that you didn’t remember initially."

Last edited:
Not even admissible in court in most states. A denied polygraph tell you nothing, cause it could be his Lawyer told him not to cooperate (although he doesn't seem like he lawyered up), or it is a pain, or the person is paranoid, or weird.

Or he could be guilty, but I would put no stock it anything like that.

If your are LE you’d put stock in it. You’d also take one of you

I found several links about cougars spotted in Iowa. There are 21 confirmed cougars in Iowa since 1995. You can find them on Google if interested.

I would think that would have left quite a blood trail.

If the evidence was planted, then who knows him well enough to set this up? Often people with criminal backgrounds know each other because of meeting in jail or else they have similar interests.

If he was set up, it seems whoever did it would know WC had no alibi. Otherwise, why bother.

An interesting thing I found out is that burglary is often a crime sexual predators have in their criminal backgrounds. Have there been any burglaries in the area in the last couple of years?

I think they want to speak to WC again because he seems like the obvious suspect. But maybe too obvious in my opinion.. like the person in a movie that they want you to believe did it but in actuality, had nothing to do with it. I have a feeling it’s someone she knew/was close to..I don’t know why, just something I’ve felt since I started following the case.
I wonder if for some reason they hadn't been able to get a search warrant and are coming back with one now. If Mollie was in his car, in his house they will find out. So far WC seems like he's been compliant even though he refused a lie detector test. idk how I feel about that with him. He probably does have things to hide, maybe unrelated to Mollie and a polygraph would seem intimidating. Of course if he has anything or any knowledge of anything to do with Mollie's disappearance there's no way he would take a polygraph either! Let's see if they come back with a sw. That in itself could be telling.

I wonder if for some reason they hadn't been able to get a search warrant and are coming back with one now. If Mollie was in his car, in his house they will find out. So far WC seems like he's been compliant even though he refused a lie detector test. idk how I feel about that with him. He probably does have things to hide, maybe unrelated to Mollie and a polygraph would seem intimidating. Of course if he has anything or any knowledge of anything to do with Mollie's disappearance there's no way he would take a polygraph either! Let's see if they come back with a sw. That in itself could be telling.
good point on him having things to hide
not a big community/living on a pig farm/etc-- = ''boredom'' = trouble.....?

The odds of an animal attack being the cause of her disappearance are about as likely as alien abduction. This is Iowa, not Alaska. Sure they might be 6 mountain lions in the entire state but they're terrified of humans, almost never seen and have LOTS of easy prey to dine on. Zero chance.

There is a reason that shortly after FBI came on the scene, the pig farm was descended upon. That didn't just occur out of thin air. The proximity of WC to that pig farm is also interesting. 3rd interview? Refusal to take poly? Also interesting.
I wish they had organized searches with the townspeople that resulted in them walking the corn rows one by one.
Am I correct that the "red shirt" is a rumor? LE has said nothing about the red shirt yet? If rumor, can we stop talking about the red shirt?
It's very hard to see the decline of Mollie's mom. I see the despair of a mom losing hope. Breaks my heart.
Also, the above article quoted is the first time I see a direct quote attributed to Mollie's mom that says she thinks Mollie did NOT make it home from the jog

I'm not sure why discussion of the red shirt would be off the table. It's in MSM. LE, as far as I know has been very tight lipped, they haven't confirmed nor denied it.

Would Brooklyn have the closest grocery store though? The closest hardware store, bank or post office? Would there be a reason for individuals who live more rural to travel to Brooklyn?

Yes, Brooklyn has all four. They have video from Casey's, the hardware store was vandalized the night of the 18th and the post office is south of Casey's, I believe. The reward fund was established at a bank in Brooklyn.

If the Fitbit supplied info that put Mollie at the cornfield, LE might find “something” there. I would think an owner of the property would be onboard with the search because everyone is looking for Mollie. Just because something may have happened on your property doesn’t mean you’re involved with what happened. Inside your house, well that’s another matter.

I think LE has a different sexual predator in mind than WC and is putting that POI off guard by letting it appear WC is of interest. I think they are doing this while watching the POI they have in mind to see if they return to where they placed Mollie. The release of the statement Mollie is not on WC's property is to let the POI know they understand she is elsewhere and create doubt in that suspect's mind about where they are now looking...this ups the pressure that the real POI will return to the crime scene, showing LE where Mollie is.

Remember Mollie was once mistaken for a 13 year old in a pink coat? The real POI may have thought she was much younger than she is. Who in Brooklyn area might have a predilection for minors?

Just my humble opinions about what I think is really going on...

There is a reason that shortly after FBI came on the scene, the pig farm was descended upon. That didn't just occur out of thin air. The proximity of WC to that pig farm is also interesting. 3rd interview? Refusal to take poly? Also interesting.
Am I correct that the "red shirt" is a rumor? LE has said nothing about the red shirt yet? If rumor, can we stop talking about the red shirt?

BASBM for focus:
  • Jashrema, I agree that the timing of FBI involvement and searches of the pig farm are not coincidental. IMO, the FBI was called in to help w/ analysis of the tech evidence, and that the results of their analysis of MT's digital footprint led them to the hog farm.
  • The FBI interviewing potential witnesses in the area once or maybe even twice to do follow-up to initial canvassing/witness statements, but a 3rd interview on tap for WC? That is indeed interesting.
  • I have always thought that red shirt = a red herring.
O/T, I followed Sierah's case here on WS, and just want to say how much I appreciated your contributions and insights. I was so sad and sorry when we finally learned the outcome, but glad that justice was in some measure meted out upon the evil being who took Sierah from her family and loved ones. I was so impressed with the way Josh comported himself throughout what must for him have been a living nightmare! So much maturity in such a young man...Mollie's disappearance bears so many similarities to Sierah's, which is one of the reasons I'm not going to be at all surprised if this turns out to be a stranger abduction. Sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members