Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
question:
...in these rural areas--where some of these guys might be ''loners'', how possible/often would there be ''a lot'' of people that know something?
there can't be too many people that would have direct knowledge of the crimes ?

Look how long it took to find Holly Bobo and bring charges. She lived in a tiny town in Tennessee where everyone knew everyone, and apparently several people knew lots.

Where does the dogs poop at and was there enough poop that shows she was probably missing for a really long time?
From what the boyfriend said, the dogs were in perfect condition. They were their usual selves. There was no mention of anything unusual, like feces or urine.

agreed. i may not have been clear but what i mean is if it what if she witnessed something more sinister than vandalism...all of the ideas would be pretty far fetched but if she witnessed someone hurting another person, some type of drug deal...something severe enough that would cause the person she came across to confront her/maybe kill her to cover their own secrets.

in short, mollie was in the wrong place at the wrong time and stumbled across someone else's secrets that were more sever than vandalism.

more likely a
agreed. i may not have been clear but what i mean is if it what if she witnessed something more sinister than vandalism...all of the ideas would be pretty far fetched but if she witnessed someone hurting another person, some type of drug deal...something severe enough that would cause the person she came across to confront her/maybe kill her to cover their own secrets.

in short, mollie was in the wrong place at the wrong time and stumbled across someone else's secrets that were more sever than vandalism.

I think it more likely an abuctor would break into a hardware store to steal needed supplies. If this is the case it shows the perp to be more disorganized and that Mollie's abuductor hadn't planned in advance. MOO

And something went very wrong when they tried to subdue her. I know, it does sound far-fetched, but really we're drawing straws here. Yeah.

An interesting theory, however the idea I had was that someone broke into the hardware store after abducting Mollie to get supplies to help them get rid of a body.. or to keep her restrained, rope, duct tape, shovel etc. Sorry to be graphic. Hearing from someone local that LE has refused to clarify this incident makes me suspicious that it is indeed somehow related to Mollie's disappearance. Otherwise why not just say... only some kids with a spray can, nothing to see here.
I agree. Suspicious that its a coincidence. The initial statement from the barkeep that reported seeing the store and reported it to LP was vague too but it was enough for her to report it. Glad she reported something that was out of the ordinary.

How do we know she got home safe from jogging?

We don't. We have two conflicting pieces of information. First, three people close to Mollie have said that her computer was in use for her online course after she went jogging, and we know that she vanished along with only those things that she has with her when she is jogging.

We also know that when she stays at her boyfriend's house she typically stops at mom's house to pick up the car before dark. We know that she had a short run around 7:30.

Putting these pieces together, it seems logical that she went for a run around 7:30 with the intention to pick up the car. We have some information about her route, but not enough information. It's quite possible that she logged into her online course before she went for a run and left the browser open during her run. That could be mistaken for being online when in fact she wasn't interacting with the online course.

My guess is that she disappeared during the run close to her mom's house, and that her online course was open on her computer throughout the evening.

Look how long it took to find Holly Bobo and bring charges. She lived in a tiny town in Tennessee where everyone knew everyone, and apparently several people knew lots.
..in that case, several were involved in the murder
...I thought most abductors-murderers act alone
...there are very few serial killings/killers ''groups'' when compared to total numbers
..people have their suspicions---but not direct proof

Re: AriannaColorado’s post on thread #13
My reply to this post just got up before we moved to the next thread, so I just wanted to repost since things had moved on:
Very good observations! <modsnip discussion moderation> But I just had to log in and comment are your post. <modsnip discussing moderation> All your points are very valid and I have a lot to add but will refrain. Great points though!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess its safe to cancel out her inviting someone over and her planning to visit a friend.

But we all know that at least 20 people knew she was there by herself.

So I think a ruse was used in person and not via text or social media.

Where does the dogs poop at and was there enough poop that shows she was probably missing for a really long time?

People keep bringing up dog poop as though that will provide a timeline. They had large breed well-trained dogs. I have a well-trained large breed dog who will not have an indoor accident even if left alone for 24 hours. Nothing can be concluded about the dogs other than what can be learned from the fact that the dogs were where they were supposed to be when everyone left the house.

I have decided after reading for two weeks...that Mollie disappeared while she was out jogging. I think she went for her run through town and then was on her way to her mother's home. Everything just points to that. Somebody she knew or somebody enticed her into their car/truck. Maybe she stumbled and somebody came along and offered assistance.
The dogs were safe, her glasses and wallet at home and she did her usual run. I'm not sure about the searches in other places because I'm not familiar with that area/city/state. As far as the snapchat she sent to her bf and he received it at 10. She could have sent it much earlier. Homework on her computer was probably done before she left for her run. I'm at peace with this theory and hope and pray Mollie is found soon and her family can rest easy.

Someone mentioned a similar scenario last night. My problem with that is most vandals are simply going to run away. Depending on the amount of damage, vandalism can be a misdemeanor. It doesn't make a lot of sense to commit a violent, and probable deadly felony, to cover up something so minor. This is especially true with the alternative of simply disappearing into the night.
Unless meth, or similar, was involved. But hiding a victim while on a big high would be a big challenge, based on what little I know about it. But possible. If she walked/jogged into a drug deal, who knoze?
SMH. Frustrating and scary and sad.

I have decided after reading for two weeks...that Mollie disappeared while she was out jogging. I think she went for her run through town and then was on her way to her mother's home. Everything just points to that. Somebody she knew or somebody enticed her into their car/truck. Maybe she stumbled and somebody came along and offered assistance.
The dogs were safe, her glasses and wallet at home and she did her usual run. I'm not sure about the searches in other places because I'm not familiar with that area/city/state. As far as the snapchat she sent to her bf and he received it at 10. She could have sent it much earlier. Homework on her computer was probably done before she left for her run. I'm at peace with this theory and hope and pray Mollie is found soon and her family can rest easy.
I mostly agree with you insofar as she was kidnapped while outside. If not on the initial jog, perhaps after returning and doing homework and then leaving for some other purpose, perhaps to retrieve the car from her mother’s house. Without the known timeline, the best we can do is guess.

Thanks for that link Scepter. Oddly, the story seems to lend more support to the positive value of rewards than to the stated "conclusion" of the subtitle, "No evidence that money is effective."
Apparently there have been no scientific studies to prove either side but investigators like the fact that rewards, especially big ones, bring in lots of leads to otherwise stalled cases, generate publicity for cases that need it, and can cause one baddie to turn in another.
IMO, rewards can work like retail "loss leaders." The reward itself might do nothing, and no one ends up claiming it, but the publicity it generates brings tons of attention and might spark a faded memory that leads to resolution. My local grocer recently ran a "free pound of butter with every $10 purchase," special that quadrupled foot traffic and pumped profits for the week. What he lost on the butter giveaway was nothing compared to what patrons spent on other items.

An interesting theory, however the idea I had was that someone broke into the hardware store after abducting Mollie to get supplies to help them get rid of a body.. or to keep her restrained, rope, duct tape, shovel etc. Sorry to be graphic. Hearing from someone local that LE has refused to clarify this incident makes me suspicious that it is indeed somehow related to Mollie's disappearance. Otherwise why not just say... only some kids with a spray can, nothing to see here.
This is what the Goldenstate killer here in CA did as well.

I posted the same theory many threads ago -- maybe she was hit by a car and the driver panicked and needed tools to bury a body.
Could be any damm thing. Hoping for the best.

People keep bringing up dog poop as though that will provide a timeline. They had large breed well-trained dogs. I have a well-trained large breed dog who will not have an indoor accident even if left alone for 24 hours. Nothing can be concluded about the dogs other than what can be learned from the fact that the dogs were where they were supposed to be when everyone left the house.
Not every dog can go 24hrs without relieving themselves.

Plus eating methods vary so its still possible to get a time line of some sort sometimes.

Especially with canned dog food where you could tell if the person opened a can that morning or whatever depending the feeding habits. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole