Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find much in regard to adult abduction stats-but I found the following:

Kidnapping: An Investigator's Guide to Profiling is based on a three-part analysis of 100 randomly selected kidnapping cases prosecuted in the United States that have survived Supreme Court appeal.

Table 4.1 Predatory Kidnappong-Adult Victim

Victimology & Offender Characteristics-

1. The victim and the offender were strangers to one another. 56%

2. The victim and the offender had a relationship prior to the abduction. 39%

3. The offender and the victim are of different genders. 94%

6. The victim was low risk, i.e. not likely to be immediately missed or reported missing. 11%

Abduction site- The choice of site is consistent with the choice of victim: Those who had no prior relationship to their victim chose sites where the victim was selected at random. Those who had a prior relationship with the victim tended to target their home or workplace.

1. The abduction occurred in a public space. 67%

2. The victim was abducted from a private location (such as home, school, workplace). 33%

Modus Operandi -

1. The abduction was pepertrated by more than one offender. 11%

2. The victim was chosen randomly or opportunistically. 61%

3. Physical force was used to abduct the victim. 56%

4. The victim was abducted following verbal threats of harm to himself or herself and/or/ others. 17%

5. The victim’s abduction was the result of persuasion or deception. 39%

6. The offender used a firearm to facilitate the abduction. 22%

7. The offender used a knife to facilitate the abduction. 17%

8. The offender used a weapon, other than a knife or a firearm, or did not use a weapon, to facilitate the abduction. 28%

9. The offender sexually assaulted the victim during the abduction. 94%

10. The offender physically assaulted the victim during the abduction in a manner that did result in death. 17%

11. The offender physically assaulted the victim during the abduction that did not result in death. 56%

12. The offender did not assault or physically harm the victim during the abduction (excludes sexual assault). 28%

13. The offender transported the victim during the abduction 78%

14. The offender did not transport the victim during the abduction. 22%

15. The offender exhibited obvious psychotic symptoms (delusions, hallucinations etc.). 0%

16. The offender held the victim captive for greater than 24 hours. 17%

17. The offender held the victim for less than 24 hours. 83%

18. The kidnapping occurred in the morning (midnight-8am). 28%

19. The kidnapping occurred during the day (8am-4pm). 6%

20. The kidnapping occurred in the evening (4pm-midnight). 66%
Who is the author(s) please?

To address this hardware store theory. On the same night that Mollie went missing, someone reportedly discovered vandalism related to a nearby hardware store. There has been no mention since, in any news article, nor has there been any mention of this incident by law enforcement. If there were any chance that this was related, I would expect there to be mention of it somewhere. I highly doubt that it is in any way connected, regardless of the lack of reporting on it.
I think it did hit the Sheriffs facebook log.

I suggest to everyone if you are seriously interested in crime scene investigations, you should study the decomposition of a body and what clues a dead body can reveal upon first discovery . It’s very interesting and provides a wealth of knowledge when any type of cases are Sluthed.

I would share my knowledge here but it’s very gruesome and some people are not ready to read all the details and sometimes it’s just out of respect for others or the family possibly reading . They can ask their own doctor or coroner to go over all the details and/or autopsy report.

..it seems as we don't have much information to go on per the LE saying they are not releasing much
..so we are going on most likely scenarios?
..another female missing without much to go on
IMO, there are a lot more males that would like to abduct/etc women--more than you think
..this is an obsession to these abductors --planning/fantasizing/etc for hours per day

It did, as far as I know. It happened, I’m not disputing that. But other than the report, there has been nothing.
And that's a call log, so it includes all calls they got that day.

One thing that I think is interesting about the call log is that it does look like some lines are redacted. I wonder when they do that...

ETA or maybe it's just when they don't have that info? Can't really tell...

The Snapchat-when did bf open it? Was he at work the whole day? I would have imagined he would have opened it as soon as he was free. I can’t imagine my kids waiting to open a Snap for hours if it came from their significant other, unless they were at work or driving. I’m just trying to get the timeline in my head and there is so much to go through.

Sadly, I think MT was violated and killed quickly like many of the jogging or walking female abduction, sex crime murders here in Cali, similar to jogging Chelsea king and Amber Dubois killed by John Gardner near San Diego, CA one woman he grabbed was able to escape and testified against him in trial. I believe someone saw MT or had been watching her every move from afar got to know her movements had an opportunity grabbed her, bound her, sexually assaulted her, killed her, dumped or buried her in a shallow grave possibly thrown into pigs pen within an hour or two and off the perp went. These rapist killers work fast to go undetected. <Modsnip took out an accusation against WC>

Last edited by a moderator:
Furthermore, her mother said that she typically collected the car in the evening. It makes perfect sense that she intended to pick up the car at the end of her run. The fact that she did not pick up the car and did not make alternate arrangements suggests that she was unable to do so.

I don't get it. If she "typically" collected the car in the evenings....why the heck was no one concerned she didn't show up to get it?? Or that she never responded about the hot dog dinner? I really don't think the family is involved but as a mom, I cannot understand why these non-typical actions didn't raise a red flag sooner...

Isn't vandalism a very different thing than burglary? In terms of LE terminology. The dispatch report says criminal mischief, correct? I would assume that if there were items stolen, the incident would be reported as a burglary/theft, not vandalism.

I couldn't find much in regard to adult abduction stats-but I found the following:
While these are great statistical facts, there is 1 big problem. These are only valid if in fact she was abducted. You need to look up the stats for missing persons and murders in general first because we do not know if this is a kidnapping / abduction. This is why the %'s that I gave are different and are allocated based on my research and view.

..it seems as we don't have much information to go on per the LE saying they are not releasing much
IMO, there are a lot more males that would like to abduct/etc women--more than you think
..this is an obsession to these abductors --planning/fantasizing/etc for hours per day

I don't have any studies to reference but I am certain that easy exposure to online *advertiser censored* has made the world a more dangerous place for women.

And that's a call log, so it includes all calls they got that day.

One thing that I think is interesting about the call log is that it does look like some lines are redacted. I wonder when they do that...
Redaction is quite common in police call logs, fwiw.

We can only make assumptions at this point, based on what we know, and past cases. She was likely kidnapped. She was taken by someone known or unknown. The motive would likely be sexually based. She is more than likely deceased. Of course this is what I see as most likely, and there are plenty of plausible scenarios that differ drastically, hence all the discussion.

Kidnapping: An Investigator's Guide to Profiling is based on a three-part analysis of 100 randomly selected kidnapping cases prosecuted in the United States that have survived Supreme Court appeal.

Table 4.1 Predatory Kidnappong-Adult Victim

Victimology & Offender Characteristics-

1. The victim and the offender were strangers to one another. 56%

2. The victim and the offender had a relationship prior to the abduction. 39%

3. The offender and the victim are of different genders. 94%

6. The victim was low risk, i.e. not likely to be immediately missed or reported missing. 11%

Abduction site- The choice of site is consistent with the choice of victim: Those who had no prior relationship to their victim chose sites where the victim was selected at random. Those who had a prior relationship with the victim tended to target their home or workplace.

1. The abduction occurred in a public space. 67%

2. The victim was abducted from a private location (such as home, school, workplace). 33%

Modus Operandi -

1. The abduction was pepertrated by more than one offender. 11%

2. The victim was chosen randomly or opportunistically. 61%

3. Physical force was used to abduct the victim. 56%

4. The victim was abducted following verbal threats of harm to himself or herself and/or/ others. 17%

5. The victim’s abduction was the result of persuasion or deception. 39%

6. The offender used a firearm to facilitate the abduction. 22%

7. The offender used a knife to facilitate the abduction. 17%

8. The offender used a weapon, other than a knife or a firearm, or did not use a weapon, to facilitate the abduction. 28%

9. The offender sexually assaulted the victim during the abduction. 94%

10. The offender physically assaulted the victim during the abduction in a manner that did result in death. 17%

11. The offender physically assaulted the victim during the abduction that did not result in death. 56%

12. The offender did not assault or physically harm the victim during the abduction (excludes sexual assault). 28%

13. The offender transported the victim during the abduction 78%

14. The offender did not transport the victim during the abduction. 22%

15. The offender exhibited obvious psychotic symptoms (delusions, hallucinations etc.). 0%

16. The offender held the victim captive for greater than 24 hours. 17%

17. The offender held the victim for less than 24 hours. 83%

18. The kidnapping occurred in the morning (midnight-8am). 28%

19. The kidnapping occurred during the day (8am-4pm). 6%

20. The kidnapping occurred in the evening (4pm-midnight). 66%
Great work and I looked up the same information... I went further and discovered what changes the % in the formulas was ... is the victim male or female .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member