Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
data=ZI51UhnrI2cxsF_uCgj_9NbBTr890qUhX3QBuWayNv4ITA0uxa2rMGOJyd34zDIOsPMwY_5vHGILnnfwChEreH0mAbg5iAWy-p9uPGYap9s1jx4Zlr0mp-cbq8vCmXKzlhJQBitKYuS9S-TBerCppMI3iSnoWosCDaJxmy0WASKo,WrRWcOqbhY8SFGyZ_JMS76nyAfidHR1u_RzmnR5M0HOgAUB9POoBYqhiZHM38jWUDbqXWFgACovzEPYkvuRug9nKCj3jP-Crayci9Nayc2t28yql6JFZOV2_ixwdF4_DSp9uyMNA4UlzkGvFXg2JtOwibi08jRTEYfc06zP6ty-NU00uFoTSUowX6ZOir9TC6MKUKWK428X0PRI3f_g9-xNXkWa6fKcKASuVgv5Li1AVrOh7H-qGyJ1GrPVRrN9vG8V5vOJ4eqe4opEN6jHc2EnEaoo4LqstAHdCEmCFY4iAjYGG1qOArCkGzDMrEdfZFx7VoDuee3SBHcBSw2_07j8dzM3GykY3xf3W-Z2y3IxIas26_wZYsdxNHiUyVwZOnfeLnaeVlUogmYFf1a2PeIot_Kc1R4hJhPOv79ChBJUBKRcDVlAA6k3TSAFhCl0DiGXODR0VnUklSS3AlqwpwFJ09-3I

1 h 3 min (69.1 mi) via I-80 E Distance between the two reports of a black SUV.
What is the connection of Ankeny? Didn't read anything about this in article?

I wish she hadn't talked to media about it. If it was the perpetrator and he had a black SUV, he doesn't anymore, now that he knows this was reported.

You could use this same logic regarding this forum and many others that are much more liberal in their allowance of 'sleuthing'.

I've wondered before what would happen if I accidentally posted a theory that turned out to be exactly correct and the perp read it. Next thing you know, he figures he's been had and goes out and completely changes the playing field due to my post. It's possible. And I guess it's the potential downside to any online speculation about unsolved criminal activity.

The is a description of the Awkeney suspect driving a black Mercury van.

"He has what appears to be a white beard or a white goatee," said Griggs. "He does have tattoos on his arms. He weighs about 300 pounds according to the victim. He is wearing suspenders and a blue shirt underneath that with a straw hat."

Man tries to abduct young female in Miner, MO, still at large

Regarding the reward money, I've got a question. If somebody phones in a tip that is simply pulled from thin air, say "The victim is in a blue shipping container 10 miles south of Davenport..." and LE go to this general area and locate the victim, would the tipster get the money even if it was just a completely random guess?

I'm only asking this obscure question because it seems like ones odds of accidentally nailing the whereabouts of a victim in a situation like this might be better than winning the lottery and it might result in tip lines flooded with random guesses from people hoping to hit it big on a random guess.

I would imagine that most tips would be completely ignored unless follow up questions with the tipster were answered in a way that made LE think they might actually know something but I don't know this for sure. Maybe somebody here actually has some first hand experience how rewards/tips are handled.

LE (Winker, I think?) stated they are treating every tip as a valid tip.

I've wondered about the LE angle from day one as a possible reason for the FBI/State involvement. Also maybe you can shed some light on why a town that doesn't have its own police force wait 6 days before calling in for help? The reality is we have no info on when or even if outside help was requested but so much time was lost between when she was discovered missing and state and federal involvment. Something is just not adding up in my mind on this issue and unfortunately we just have very little info to go on.

DCI was called in on Friday, July 20th. See this Cedar Rapids Gazette article from July 24th.
State and federal investigators join in search for Mollie Tibbetts

"Also on Sunday, an FBI agent questioned the owner of a nearby farm for the third time in connection with Tibbetts' disappearance, although it's unclear why. The agent questioned WC around 5:30 p.m. local time for roughly five to 10 minutes."

From the article about the black SUV. In a standard FBI interview, it takes more than 5-10 minutes for them to explain your rights and what's going to happen in the interview. I would not consider 5-10 minutes in front of someone's house in front of media cameras to be a serious interview.

Last edited by a moderator:

"He has what appears to be a white beard or a white goatee," said Griggs. "He does have tattoos on his arms. He weighs about 300 pounds according to the victim. He is wearing suspenders and a blue shirt underneath that with a straw hat."

All I see is Miner, MO. Where are you reading Awkeney?

Regarding the reward money, I've got a question. If somebody phones in a tip that is simply pulled from thin air, say "The victim is in a blue shipping container 10 miles south of Davenport..." and LE go to this general area and locate the victim, would the tipster get the money even if it was just a completely random guess?

I'm only asking this obscure question because it seems like ones odds of accidentally nailing the whereabouts of a victim in a situation like this might be better than winning the lottery and it might result in tip lines flooded with random guesses from people hoping to hit it big on a random guess.

I would imagine that most tips would be completely ignored unless follow up questions with the tipster were answered in a way that made LE think they might actually know something but I don't know this for sure. Maybe somebody here actually has some first hand experience how rewards/tips are handled.

Hard to say about following up tips. Without a reward, there would be fewer tips but they might be more authentic. As soon as a reward is introduced, the number of tips increase, and the quality probably decreases.

If there was a tip about a living victim in a specific shipping container, and police discovered the victim at that location, as long as it was properly reported presumably that person would receive the money - even if it was a random guess or a psychic vision.

I just watched the video again and it took place in MO, not Awkeney. Is there a similar event in Awkeney and this is the wrong video to link to that event? I'm confused.

I admit I scrutinized the video and still shots of WC's interview for any signs of scratches, bruising, etc. I couldn't see a single one.

I thought wearing clothing that looked as if it had been ripped for a media interview about your possible involvement in a missing woman’s case wasn’t the best choice. I’m not accusing this man of anything as of now he is innocent of any involvement in Mollie’s disappearance.

Is it just me or does if feel weird to everyone else to type out “Winker...”
I got to grow up, I know! But it’d be nice if the press conferences were headed up by a Smith or a Jones.
Some of us don’t loose our junior high sense of humor....ever.

That's exactly what it was. Vandalism.
How can we be sure this was vandalism? It looks like it was kicked, possibly kicked while MT was fighting off abduction. Do any businesses on Front Street have cameras?
All I really know is that MT is missing, probably abducted from somewhere in the city of Brooklyn and by the attention given to the area of WC's farm, most likely driven South.
If we assume that her phone was turned off or destroyed near the pig farm, thats only 20 minutes from Brooklyn and the perp would have to drive past several large truck stops, restaurants and other businesses that definately have cameras, Now I don't know if any of these cameras would record traffic on the road, but I wonder how much traffic there is heading South on Hwy 21 around 8pm on a Wednesday.

Hope and pray she's found safe...

I thought wearing clothing that looked as if it had been ripped for a media interview about your possible involvement in a missing woman’s case wasn’t the best choice. I’m not accusing this man of anything as of now he is innocent of any involvement in Mollie’s disappearance.

Agreed, I would have made sure to wear a nice suit - double breasted of course. Maybe an ascot and a top hat.

Not a monacle, though, that would be overdoing it.

The timeline works... MT goes for her run, gets home to do some school work, and then...
Point 2... That SUV/van looks relatively new. That gives LE an awful lot to look at... Recent purchase of the make/model, probably state wide, if not further out.
Point 3... Could LE be using WC..? Making the actual perp believe that LE is focused on WC while they are chasing down leads and connections to that vehicle..? With the amount of time elapsed, im sure the FBI has this vehicle tracked down. In my opinion, they're probably watching that driver right now.
Or... That info was leaked to help find that driver/vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera