Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Me too! I live pretty close to wear it happened and even went by the properties. It was such an eerie feeling being there. I had to stop researching/reading about it because I started having nightmares. Very haunting.
I can't believe nothing has come of it...and that those poor babies were there during the massacres. This is an example to me of someone not needing to appear/seem sophisticated in order to pull off a crime that stays unsolved. Just because someone has a ripped shirt, is a hick, isn't eloquent doesn't mean they can't do it. Sure, we don't know who committed the Pike Co, OH murders but we do have a few solid ideas...just like we do here!

I posted correlation between burglary and rape. What time was the burglary?

I snipped this from a prior WS post:

Manatt said she left the bar at around midnight that night and noticed that the True Value hardware store nearby had been vandalized. She said she alerted a deputy who then canvassed the area for the vandal but “it was very quiet. Not many people were out.” BBM

Fox News has confirmed that police have taken copies of all surveillance tapes associated with Mollie's disappearance from Casey’s General Store.

Burner phone? There are ways. I think she is missing voluntarily too.
Burner phone would take a fair bit of planning. If she was planning this vigorously, do you not think there would be other clues of this, things that friends or family would have noticed in the last while? If she was that determined to leave without a trace, I would think people would have seen signs of changes in her personality. Besides this, I feel like LE would have already discovered evidence of a scenario like this and would have scaled back on the investigation in a very obvious way. This investigation would be massively expensive at this point, why on earth would they invest so much for an adult that they believed voluntarily left? You don’t think their resources are desperately needed elsewhere, especially with the FBI there this whole time?

This is disappointing. Although nothing of real value has come from the others, it was still something to look foward to. I keep thinking one day they will surprise us with a PC that’s extremely helpful and Informative. I was secretly hoping tomorrow would be the one.
Could be it's getting harder for everyone (Mollie's family, bf, LE) to be in the public eye at these PCs every few days, probably feeling like they're under the microscope, whether or not there's been real progress behind the scene, so once a week was deemed better until there's a break in the case or hard evidence is found leading LE to a suspect or her location. I hope LE just wants to focus on the search and not take time out to do another "no news", "can't say" PC that they think isn't very helpful with all the outreach for Molly and now the big reward. Also it was posted towards the beginning of this thread that since the reward has been publicized and has grown to a couple hundred thousand dollars, that they can't keep up with phone calls to the CS tip line, and public has been asked to send emails instead. So maybe they have "plenty to go on" this week and are approaching a point in the case where they are hunkered down with the timeline, tips, and following up on leads and results of searches, and LE thinks there is really no benefit to doing another PC right now. Praying for Mollie being found before the Friday PC.

I think maybe because the nation and the locals need the actual corn, for food and for animal feed, etc. And there is not enough evidence that she is actually there in the fields.

Could they fly drones with cams to check out the corn fields?
They used the infrared camera drones at the start of the investigation, but I believe the outcome was they could not see the ground through the corn. Someone correct me if I am wrong, info was back in thread 1 or 2

I understand we are 15 threads along but we seem to be having the same questions/information suggested and the same circular discussions for 15 pages now. This could be eliminated if ppl took the time to read through the previous threads and see their thoughts/questions have already been answered, at least 2-3 times by now. JMO

I understand we are 15 threads along but we seem to be having the same questions/information suggested and the same circular discussions for 15 pages now. This could be eliminated if ppl took the time to read through the previous threads and see their thoughts/questions have already been answered, at least 2-3 times by now. JMO

Not everyone has hours to read it

Apologies if anyone has posted this already, but I thought that this article was interesting. I hadn't heard of the body being found until this morning, and although it's not Mollie, definitely has similar characteristics.. hopefully they're unrelated. I also never heard of an SUV circling the night she disappeared. Body found miles from where Mollie Tibbetts was last seen not missing college student, police say

That unfortunate woman apparently fell victim to a boyfriend who is claiming he can't remember what happened.

Not everyone has hours to read it

Is it better for one person to spend an hour looking at media links and perusing threads to see if what they ask has already been discussed, or for hundreds of people to look at pages and pages of "what about the black SUV/did you hear about the girl whose body they found/etc."?

Is it better for one person to spend an hour looking at media links and perusing threads to see if what they ask has already been discussed, or for hundreds of people to look at pages and pages of "what about the black SUV/did you hear about the girl whose body they found/etc."?
Or... just to accept people will be coming and going throughout 15+ threads.

If they had something, they wouldn’t reschedule the presser for Friday, they’d give a presser as the need was warranted. They aren’t going to show up Friday and say..”oh yeah...we found her on Monday, but wanted to wait”.

(snipped)This investigation would be massively expensive at this point, why on earth would they invest so much for an adult that they believed voluntarily left? You don’t think their resources are desperately needed elsewhere, especially with the FBI there this whole time?
They’re here to establish conclusively what occurred. Whether they think she left voluntarily at this point is irrelevant, they need to either locate her on establish what happened to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member