Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about that as well... even assuming she did leave voluntarily it wouldn’t be unheard of for a 20 year old to leave for the night intending to return early the next morning. Still, LE’s approach to locating her would be the same.

BBM

If she'd done that she wouldn't have even been missed, no one was alarmed until she didn't call or show up to work the next day. Had she left voluntarily she could have called someone or returned 4 or 5 days later and still not have had the FBI in on it. No, nothing about this looks like voluntary absence, imo.

bbm

That makes sense.

With regards to the FBI - I was just trying to imagine HOW they look at and INTERPRET all her electronic data which was received.

And specifically, because I am woefully lacking on Knowledge of FITBIT's capabilities, and also of basic Physiological knowledge (esp. during a crisis) , ..........I was sort of hoping that some of the amazing experts here could explain:

1) if LE has all or much of MT's fitbit data,..........

How do they distinguish between a .......person's VITALS who have been zapped with a Stun-gun VERSUS (let's say) a person who is "just" having a horrible Asthma attack which might have occurred "naturally"?

I am sitting here reading up on all the neurological effects, (incl. those vital signs monitored by FTBT), and how they are affected by Stun-guns......and trying to get an idea of before/during/immediately after/an-hour-after..........what actually would the FITBIT read-out look like? (also, as compared to some other bad stuff that could happen to someone)

Does anyone know here, off the cuff, .......to create some understanding....? Many thx.

Fitbit monitors a persons "VITALS" via electronic (voltage) signals. We are the Body Electric!

A stun gun introduces a higher (and much 'noisier') voltage than than what our bodies normally create within.

Fitbit is designed to detect normal, body-level voltages. Voltages many times greater than what the Fitbit expects would cause the device to read off the chart and possibly be destroyed (depending on how close the stun gun electrodes contact point is to the attached Fitbit).

Also note that Fitbit monitoring is not medical grade monitoring. There are a few factors involved, such as contact integrity and stability: is the Fitbit making good, conductive, non-moving contact to the person's skin or is contact loose and moving? This affects not only signal levels but signal 'shape' and level variance. This discussion could become more complicated, but it isn't necessary at this point.

All we need to know is if a stun gun is close enough (contacts the same limb on which the Fitbit makes electrical sensing contact, within guessing 15-20 inches) to the Fitbit it will affect its detection and the data would indicate data not possible for a human body to generate on its own.

If the stun gun makes contact on a different limb, such as a leg or maybe on the neck the Fitbit likely would detect normally and record the person's physial reactions to the stun gun jolt: increased/spiked heart rate and a change in altitude (fall down) if the Fitbit has that capability (feature to count ascending/descending steps/elevation).

I would almost bet this says more than anything LE has released so far. I think they have either 1). Found Molly, 2.) Have made or are ready to make an arrest. and/or 3). Are ready to release enough information to prompt the public to come forward with information they have but are scared or embarrassed to report.

Behind so @Veracity I think about the stun guns, didn't you see the ones used to take livestock like cattle down? They are available many places. They are actually stun batons. One example I will not site here is described as " weighs approx 7lbs light enough for single hand use.comes with extra long bolt for max penetration". Ick

There was a post at least a couple threads ago that I thought had some good ideas and I forget who posted it. But the person had mentioned rural mail carriers (or people like mail carriers in general) knowing the ins and outs of who lives where, who is gone, who normally has cars at home, etc. I think this is an interesting line of thought to consider. We have seen it happen before with a delivery person who came back to their route to attack.

If it's not someone MT knew well, I could see this being a really good possibility, even more so than a totally random outsider. Someone who is in the community or maybe lives in a nearby community but has regular business here. Someone like a delivery person or mail person (note, I am NOT accusing MT's mail person!) that would notice the comings and goings of residents, when cars that are normally at home are not, that kind of thing. Someone who may have seen Mollie when they were doing whatever their business is but may have never even spoken to her or just in passing "hi" kind of a thing. I am assuming LE has already questioned folks like the regular mail person, delivery drivers, etc that would have a reason to frequent the BF's house and her running route, but just a thought.
I agree, hope LE has thoroughly checked on mail/postal/FedEx/UPS delivery people, service people, utility workers, canvassers, etc. who could have intermittent interactions with Mollie and gain knowledge of her living situation and daily routines without family, friends or neighbors necessarily being aware of their interactions.

What if she ordered things online for the upcoming wedding that were delivered to the bf's house by carrier/deliveryperson for the first time, and after developing an interest in her and surmising she was alone, decided to abduct her. We wouldn't know what type of mail or packages have showed up at the house since no info from LE on anything about the condition or contents of the house except missing phone & fitbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298