Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the cancellation be that if they cancel the PC maybe the perp will reach out wondering why they are cancelling it? (Think like cases where they wanted the spot light) -- Maybe I watch too much Criminal Minds.

Someone earlier asked if there was any pattern of abductions/assault, etc. at her university. I found the U of I crime log since Jan 1, but I don't notice any pattern. There were a couple of sexual assaults, but beyond that, I don't really see a pattern necessarily. But feel free to take a look at this, too. https://police.uiowa.edu/sites/police.uiowa.edu/files/activity.pdf

Sorry to clarify, it's crimes that have been reported as of June 7 it looks like. Let me see if I can find anything that goes further back.

EDIT: I can't find anywhere on their site where you can get older daily crime logs.

I would expect the prospective poster to at least spend 5-10 minutes scanning the latest posts and developments, before joining the fray. As a sorta courtesy. Like wiping your boots clean of manure before dragging your feet on your host's plush carpet.

I disagree. Some people are at different places in this case. Some know it all, some just started. We shouldn’t make newbies or people that ask something we’ve talked about for 3 weeks feel weird to ask. You can always scroll and roll if you don’t like a post.

The case is consistent with someone taken while jogging.

There is no evidence of foul play until a body is found, in most instances.

And they even have serial offenders that target women wearing headphones, or the earplugs while jogging.

I would expect the prospective poster to at least spend 5-10 minutes scanning the latest posts and developments, before joining the fray. As a sorta courtesy. Like wiping your boots clean of manure before dragging your feet on your host's plush carpet.

Respectfully, what if they want to discuss something that hasnt been discussed in the last 5-10 minutes? Are they supposed to just assume their window of opportunity has passed and read everyone else?

Last edited:
I don’t quite understand the value of the 5-10 minute visi. Can anyone shed light on this strategy? It seems weird to me.

The only thing I can think of is an analogy. Coaches recruiting an athlete will often send off a postcard or a message or a 5-10 minute wave/talk by EVERY DAY. As if they already made their pitch, and want to keep their image in the athlete's mind.

Sounds like LE made a pitch, asked the questions, got stonewalled, and now want to say 'We be here'. Like the SNL episode where DeNiro played Robert Mueller walked by Trump played by Alec Baldwin . DeNiro made the 'two fingers to eyes' sign then pointed at Baldwin. "Got eyes on you".

Has to be 'got eyes on you', which is unnerving.

The only thing known to any of us for sure, who are not part of the investigation, is that there is nothing that we know for sure. Even “confirmed” information, is possibly not as it seems. Whenever you follow these things through to trial, you find out how very little that, we, the general public, actually are privy to.

The only thing I can think of is an analogy. Coaches recruiting an athlete will often send off a postcard or a message or a 5-10 minute wave/talk by. As if they already made their pitch, and want to keep their image in the athlete's mind.

Sounds like LE made a pitch, asked the questions, got stonewalled, and now want to say 'We be here'. Like the SNL episode where played DeNiro played Robert Mueller walked by Trump played by Alec Baldwin . DeNiro made the 'two fingers to eyes' sign then pointed at Baldwin. "Got eyes on you".

Has to be 'got eyes on you', which is unnerving.

Excellent analogy, Stormy... haha

They’re here to establish conclusively what occurred. Whether they think she left voluntarily at this point is irrelevant, they need to either locate her on establish what happened to her.
If you want to know what a deemed "voluntary" disappearance looks like, check out missing 16 yr old Tyler Christensen with total of 1 page of posts since 2016 for a missing minor. (And not all believe it voluntary. I believe he's deceased).

I understand we are 15 threads along but we seem to be having the same questions/information suggested and the same circular discussions for 15 pages now. This could be eliminated if ppl took the time to read through the previous threads and see their thoughts/questions have already been answered, at least 2-3 times by now. JMO

Just a reminder to everyone that you can utilize the "Search Forums" function at the top of the page. If you have a question about something specific, you can type in your keywords and search for where it's mentioned in the Missing Persons Discussion Forum. That way, you can find out if it's already been discussed without having to spend hours reading through each message. Hope this helps!

There's also this tidbit in that press release:

I suppose this means Rahn replaces Winker as lead for the pressers?
I noticed that too! I am curious about it, and what was occupying his time that now isn't. I see @Seattle1 mentioned it as well - I think they just meant that he had stopped being the contact, not that he was gone entirely. There was also the other contact very early on, quoted in some of the early articles, Mitch Mortved...

They used the infrared camera drones at the start of the investigation, but I believe the outcome was they could not see the ground through the corn. Someone correct me if I am wrong, info was back in thread 1 or 2
I *think* that the "could not see the ground" was the drones, not sure about infrared....

Someone wise once told me...the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. ;)

Problem is everyone I knew does exactly that. Everyone. It takes an objective, new look, to break us out of habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member