Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may just be a coincidence and I'm sure the town has other burglaries. It is an interesting time of day for a burglary--just before 7 PM is definitely still very light out. This also seems like the time of day Mollie regularly goes running and that could easily be on one of her running routes.

Just throwing out ideas: Did the burglar(s) see her running by while burglary was in progress and either just get interested in her or think she saw something? Another idea: Were they planning to hit up other houses in the area and MT's became a target the night of the 18? Just thinking, did she make it back from her run but intercept them near/in the driveway of her house? Were they watching the house to burglarize it later and saw her come out to walk to mom's house? JMO and could be no relation at all, but it is interesting.

Just a reminder to everyone that you can utilize the "Search Forums" function at the top of the page. If you have a question about something specific, you can type in your keywords and search for where it's mentioned in the Missing Persons Discussion Forum. That way, you can find out if it's already been discussed without having to spend hours reading through each message. Hope this helps!
Also, you can set it to only search the thread you're currently on if you want. I find the search feature helpful to find sources and direct quotes for various things, along with the media/ info thread...

The burglary on her street from two days earlier is interesting to me. I mapped it and it is .4 miles from MT's BF's house where she was staying.
Maybe someone scoping out the neighborhood to see what if anything happens when noise is made?

Based on all that we know I personally don’t feel at this time that Mollie, if indeed dead, will be found outside currently. I just don’t see the individual dumping her this quickly. I’m in the minority but I think Mollie could potentially be alive. When the FBI said something along the line of “we need to get to know Mollie”, I wondered if this meant they were trying to gauge how- if she were to be kept alive (at least at first)- Mollie might respond to an abductor. Perhaps they questioned the way in which she might respond, rebel, manipulate, confront, or humanize her abductor. Her responses could dictate her treatment possibly and maybe also her livelihood. She studies psychology. She have been so far exposed to certain information that might make her more adept in reading and then attempting to placate her abductors mind. Maybe they want to know if she would put up a fight? If so, this would be information that the FBI might see as possibly detrimental to her safe recovery. I really have no basis for this speculation, but I thought it might make sense. I don’t feel the individual who took her- whether known to her or not- simply did so only to kill her. I think he wanted her, for his own sicko reasons, and hopefully up until now has had a purpose for her that justifies to him why he wouldn’t let her go or murder her. The issue with this line of thought two fold. One being that there is the possibility for whatever reason that the abductor will change his mind- in knowing Mollie maybe they hope to anticipate her behavior and hope she will use whatever she feels is appropriate to remain alive, even if this means pacifying her abductor. I also worry that if she is being held about how she will be found. I worry she will be hidden. I worry the suspect hasn’t been looked at yet and might not even come into LE radar for several years. That is so scary. Her family mentioned her compassion and empathy. For some reason I keep thinking- or at least hoping, and it’s incredibly naive of me- that if there could be any chance of survival that it could be partially due to the specific nature of the abductor’s own personality in conjunction with Mollie’s own knowledge in psychology as well as her strong spirits. Such monsters as Mollie’s abductor can’t be tamed. But I still have hope that he wants to keep her. He wants her for himself and that this deranged, disgusting desire may ultimately be what keeps her alive. Far fetched I know. Is Mollie is out there is hope she can remain strong and know her family loves her and are not going to stop looking!

Last edited:
I don’t quite understand the value of the 5-10 minute visit. Can anyone shed light on this strategy? It seems weird to me.

I believe WC was cooperating with the search of the property so it could just be to clarify some things or follow up on the search of the hog farm. They may be planning further searches of the farm and wanted some information that would help make those searches more efficient. Maybe they asked if he would re-consider the polygraph? Maybe they want him to know they are keeping an eye on him? Maybe they are actually looking at someone else but want to keep the attention off the other person? Could be a lot of things.

This is a very mysterious disappearance.

The Heavy did a story focusing on Mollie Tibbetts Glasses: Did She Leave Them Behind? | Heavy.com:

1. The b---- SUV we are not supposed to mention. 2 of 3 news accounts make a big deal of this; it doesn't seem like that sighting has been verified at all.
2. Info that she left her glasses and contacts behind. This is odd too, because if MT is like me she would own multiple pairs of glasses and likewise contacts (the throw away kind). I have them all over the place. No one would know if I had any particular pair of either.
3. They make this statement:

According to Who Radio, authorities have taken a general stance of declining to release any evidence they might have, with Winkler saying, “We recognize that it’s frustrating for everyone involved, but we believe it gives us the best opportunity to resolve this investigation.” The radio station said Winkler simply wouldn’t confirm or deny the report about the red shirt.

4. And there was focus on a red shirt and WC.

Frankly there is little new information out there. Seems like most of these 'facts' are rehashes of old news.

This really sounds like a Jodie Huisentruit early morning disappearance.
FBI could be waiting on Lab tests to come back. Possibly on things they got from WC's garage. FBI seems to be sitting on him pretty hard, talking with him 3 times. He seemed pretty distraught in the TV Interview. The red shirt may hold some serious evidence linking WC to MT.

No LE wants another Jodie Huisentruit case to haunt them. Just so sad!!!!

I was caught up enough to feel comfortable posting for about the first 3 threads....now, not so much. While I haven't contributed much recently, I have sure enjoyed reading everyone's ideas. Mollie's father mentioned that she may have accepted a ride from somebody she knew that got the wrong idea. I can totally see that happening. From the type of personality that Mollie seems to have, I can see her having more admirers then probably she even knew about. Back to reading.

At this point, everything is a rehash. MSM is doing this because public is thirsty for some type of information about MT. So a story about her that might even suggest it's new info is clickbait. However, it's normally a few unconfirmed rumors compiled with 5-6 paragraphs of summary we already know. For the new 'info' that supposedly come out:

- Body found in other part of IA is not Mollie
- Mollie's own mother said that she owned two red shirts and both are accounted for
- Suspicious SUV was noted earlier in this thread as being someone who was looking for a vandal in the neighborhood and had a cop in the car. That part wasn't reported anywhere on MSM so take it with a grain of salt.

Maybe (likely ) this is nothing. But....

Mr WC, won't talk about his chats with LE, can't remember the questions, denies knowing MT, and says he never goes to Brooklyn. Then he offers (something like) "Some guy has got her".

WTH? Be like I said "I don't know the UK, I have no idea who the Prime Minster is, I would never take a vacation there.....but they need to go on with BREXIT" If you are so noncommittal and know nothing they why even venture a theory?

I disagree. Some people are at different places in this case. Some know it all, some just started. We shouldn’t make newbies or people that ask something we’ve talked about for 3 weeks feel weird to ask. You can always scroll and roll if you don’t like a post.
Agreed. I've read nearly every thread up until life kept me from reading since Thursday or Friday. I skimmed 4+ threads to TRY to catch up, and not ask something that has already been discussed, but even the skimming took about an hour. I get that if we didn't ask this that were already asked, there would be less to skim through, but it is easier to feel pretty confident that if I go to the most recent thread and look at the last 20 posts or so, I can get relatively back up to speed on current issues in a case because it will have likely been reposted due to a question.

The burglary on her street from two days earlier is interesting to me. I mapped it and it is .4 miles from MT's BF's house where she was staying.

The reason I posted about the burglary call on 6-16-18 was my thinking that somebody may have been looking for Mollie and was somehow told that she was staying at a big white house on a corner of W Des Moines (maybe person asked a local for her whereabouts). This house is also big, white house, and it is also on a corner. Maybe the person tried to get in. This could have been a failed attempt.

Of course:
1. We don't know if the call was resolved (false alarm, suspects nabbed, etc) or not. If it was resolved, none of this matters.
2. If it unresolved, we also don't know if the call was placed when the burglary was in progress, or if was reported after the fact, when the people that that live there, or neighbors, noticed it had been broken into and called the police.

I disagree. Some people are at different places in this case. Some know it all, some just started. We shouldn’t make newbies or people that ask something we’ve talked about for 3 weeks feel weird to ask. You can always scroll and roll if you don’t like a post.
I think it’s pretty typical decorum in most online forums, to do the best you can to catch up with things before you post, in an effort to not become overly redundant. That being said, responses should always be handled politely and patiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member