Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday is a long way off... I'm trying to remember how often pressers were scheduled during the search for Hannah Graham. Even a simple "nothing new, we ask that you take a look around your property and see if anything seems disturbed.Please continue to send in tips".
I'm not sure how I feel about the Dad's statement. I do believe she could have been picked up-while running? I'm stuck on the bf opening the Snapchat at 10pm. I would think there would have been texting back and forth all evening between the two. Maybe that's the tl-she really was doing hw and texting and LE has that info, and then at around 10 pm went radio silent.
Maybe whoever has her knows that it is her regular routine to send a snap to the bf before bed or she told him that if she didn't send one, he'd know something was up.

I just learned that tomorrow's press conference is postponed until Friday.

Mollie's loved ones standing behind the authorities speaking during the press conference is almost unbearable to watch. I know I am certainly not the only person who feels this way.

In my opinion, as time goes on, this must be even more excruciating for them.

We know they are all united with their deep love for Mollie. In addition, they have made us aware that they have faith in this investigative team.

They have all spoken and their suffering shows in their faces and can be heard in their voices. They have said to the public all that they need to say.

I hope they know how much they, especially Mollie, touch our hearts and that we send love, strength and comfort to them. Their hope is great and it is shared by many.

There is no need for them to stand with the authorities at the next press conference. I hope that they take this time to express their feelings to one another and hold each other tight.

My heart continues to go out to this beautiful family , Mollie's boyfriend and her dear friends. I know I am not alone in feeling this way. Their profound grief in missing their daughter in their lives is visceral.

My hope is that they do not feel they "should" be at the press conference on Friday. My hope is that they continue to hold one another tight.

Last edited:
I don't know, it's something a lot of posters here have suggested and we have no details pretty much.

Hard to say, they have a bunch of disturbance and property damage items on the public logs. It's hard to know what is close without looking up the specific address though.

I took this to mean she switched up between a few known/ common routes but who knows...

I think he's using "they" as a gender-neutral singular pronoun for the other person, not plural for the other person and Mollie. JMO.
Odd comments about MT 'mixing up' jogging route. Early reports described her as 'creature of habit' that had 3 routes'. Not sure which is correct.

I remember seeing Rick Rahn (Special Agent in Charge) on the Sadie Alvarado press release, who is also assigned to Mollie's case. Maybe that has something to do with it.

(Sadie was the one found deceased in Lee County)

I also noticed that Rick Rahn testified in court in Dubuque (for a totally unrelated case) on Friday. DCI folks are keeping busy!

Body language can be very telling, interviews, press conferences etc; not sure that's been discussed previously;

Folded arms - that they're closed for argument

Eye rub - the brain's attempt to block out the deceit

Scratch neck - this gesture is a signal of doubt or uncertainty

Scratching head - it signals the emotional state of confusion

Scratch face - as to wanting to believe own lies

There are more, these are just a few.

Seems to me there is also the possibility that the person just has an itch.

Of course he does!

It’s too hard to believe what has actually likely happened. It’s a defense mechanism.
IMO Mollie's dad believes she may still be alive and is being held somewhere by someone who she interacted with on a casual basis / she maybe wanted to help with some issues, and then it went wrong. The alternative being devastating, and her dad saying this was his belief since 'her body' has not been found. I'm sure it was agonizing for him to have to think that and then utter those words as a possible outcome. I would frankly agree 100% that this is one of the only scenarios under which there is a possibility she may return home alive. The other being she left voluntarily or was kidnapped and being kept alive as a captive for the long haul, which are both less likely knowing her background/lifestyle and short term plans for the wedding & returning to sophomore year at college, and there being no hard evidence either way.

JMO--I don't care if she left with someone even if it's caused this much of a blown up and huge response--I would hope she realizes that this sort of response means she's loved and cared for more than she probably ever thought was possible--and I also just hope she's able to come home safely if that's the case...

Well, what kind of person doesn’t quickly come to understand things need to be undone?

As my brother is fond of saying, it’s not going to get any easier as time goes by.

In this scenario, Mollie would have to be hard-hearted, and the other person would likely have mental illness.

I think the authorities would see evidence of her moving her pictures and (some) contacts to another phone, and how about her license and bank card? If you’re not doing anything illegal, the parents/boyfriend have no right to that information. It’s protected by Privacy Laws.

My point is there is an inbetween. She could leave town with a few things and call the Police after the Press Conference, and say, I’m okay. I left.

She doesn’t own a dress that she likes? She doesn’t own a bathing suit that fits nice? Glasses?

From article: “Tibbetts added that he believes Mollie and whoever is with her "don't know how to resolve this," but encouraged anyone with information "to come forward and bring Mollie home."

Is this indication that Mollie’s dad thinks she’s voluntarily missing or was initially? And that she bears some responsibility because she “doesn’t know how to resolve this”

Edited for clarity​

Last edited:
While I agree the best answer is that she put the dogs away, that doesn't mean she left in a car or even with someone she knows. It is still a distinct possibility that she headed out to go over to her mom's for dinner. None of the evidence after 7:30 is conclusive IMO. I am hoping the father is right, and she will come home. But I don't think we have enough info to absolutely limit this to one possible scenario.
The thing that I question here is why would she abandon the dogs intentionally? Her reputation as a responsible young woman and dog lover has been discussed.

Maybe throw off a different POI?
Maybe to let him know the status of situation. Either he will be charged and so needs to get an atty or he won't be charged and they want him to stay in town. There was a reason for the advance notice to him that they would return on sunday. My guess is that they were waiting for other leads to be investigated or confirmed. Pure conjecture on my part though.

Is there a full interview with her dad coming today? Or is that the only thing released from the interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee