Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By "they" does he mean the person who took her or that person and MT

They = the person who took her

He speculated she may gotten in a car with the person voluntarily, but not the missing for three weeks part. Most don't think that she disappeared on her own because it doesn't really make sense.

Im of the opinion he thinks she left and is scared to come back!! Oh how I hope he’s right!!

I can see leaving and being scared to come back once a huge fuss like this has been made. But I would still let my parents know I was ok. I'd never let them worry I was DEAD just to avoid horrible embarrassment over a misunderstanding. I can't see a 20 year old who has any sense of morality or love for her family at all putting them through this just to avoid coming back.

My scenario... there was someone she met at school and communicated with as a friend (in her mind) but he wanted more. He knew she had a boyfriend and that didn’t deter him. He was needy and she was a friend “indeed”.. maybe someone from psych class. She found him harmless but maybbe a bit unstable. She may have even been sharing information about going out of the country for the wedding and that DJ was going out of town. The predictable run was his opportunity to pull alongside her, say he was passing through that way and offer her a ride. Even if she was sweaty she would accept. She probably even felt safe knowing she would be going back to the house where the dogs were. IF this is a possibility, the LE know....

I am past thinking LE has a POI if I ever did. If this alleged person is not missing as well, he likely does not “have” Mollie someplace. If he IS missing they had better be putting out APB’s to get him found by week 3. And if he is around...he had better be in an interview chair most of the time...in which case, word would have leaked. Jmo

I am not leaning that way myself, but I cannot fault others that are. For all of us, the hope is that she is still alive somewhere.
Its possible they were searching for out of the way buildings where people could hide and nobody would notice. The non operational pig farm makes a bit of sense as a good place to hide. But there have to be small buildings on all these properties to hold equipment or feed I would think. Wells/Sheds/Feed Bins etc.

Did you drive that 170 gravel road beside Dalton's home to HWY 6? If so does the rise block view? And were there any other houses along that road?

And how about that creek? Did you go over it?
How far is WC's from that gravel road?

Respectfully to everyone suggesting she left on her own, the FBI and DCI would not be wasting resources for an adult (over 18) who left on her own.

I tend to be in the camp now that she might have voluntarily gotten in the car, but not known the intentions of the person.

I imagine it's been reported numerous times but they are probably leaving it up hoping for clues.
I'm lost - didn't see it. But it's amazing how many trolls descend on these sites.

One interesting note about body language is that most of us do not speak with our hand or wrist blocking our mouths or constantly grooming/picking. Reid Institute is a good resource to look-up training or behavioral insight. No one behavior tells you anything but it sure can help. I received my investigative training there in the day. I work in white collar areas and work privately now. I pray for this family's strength and MT's.

FOX News Channel just announced 'possible new clue", then the reporter on the scene talked about third interview with the farmer. The reporter spoke with the man who said he doesn't know Mollie, didn't see her and has no idea why LE keeps returning to his property. The farmer has allowed LE to search his home with a dog, search his entire 70+ acre property without a warrant, is cooperating with LE's requests and questioning and the reward is up to 300K. Missing from the report is any 'new' clue.

So, a big nothing report.
Respectfully, what if they want to discuss something that hasnt been discussed in the last 5-10 minutes? Are they supposed to just assume their window of opportunity has passed and read everyone else?
No, I wouldn't worry about it! I have read almost every thread, with a lot of speed reading or skimming, and I still miss things.

Hi all, Just throwing out my 2 cents since there haven't been any new developments.
I took a close look at the map which shows the path from her BF's house to her mom's.
All this time people keep mentioning what a rural town it is, but I live in a rural farming town where there is significant acreage between each house and country roads with farmland running up to the edge. I've been picturing this and thinking sure, anyone could drive along and grab her without being seen.
In looking at the map of Brooklyn, it may be rural, but it looks like the areas she would have been running were along streets with houses and a school, churches, and stores, etc. It does not look like rural country roads to me, just small town roads. Does anyone know her running route? Most of the blocks have at least 3-4 houses on them, which also surprises me that more sightings of her on that day have not been mentioned. This also leads me to think maybe she did get in a car with someone she knows rather than being forced, but I do not think this was a preplanned disappearance on her part.

The details of the running routes haven't been confirmed by LE but folks on here have done some great maps of possible routes based on witness statements. The last map I recall looking at was done by Otto so see if you can find it as it seemed plausible to me.

I wonder who she was texting when she was “walking and looking at her phone” as the neighbor reports. I wonder if that was the conversation about dinner with mom, or if she was actually texting the person who took her? I guess she could have been scrolling Pandora, for all we know, though.

The red daycare shirt really, really bothers me. I wonder if she quickly packed up an overnight bag to go with a “friend” and then realized she was in trouble and threw the shirt out the window as a signal that she was missing. Was it found near the road? To me, that is the weirdest piece of the puzzle. If you can solve the red shirt, IMO, you can solve the case, because somebody put it there on purpose. She wasn’t wearing it.

**Edited*** I guess not an overnight bag though since she left her glasses and wallet and stuff. I still say the red shirt is a huge clue, if they can figure out why it was there.

I wonder who she was texting when she was “walking and looking at her phone” as the neighbor reports. I wonder if that was the conversation about dinner with mom, or if she was actually texting the person who took her? I guess she could have been scrolling Pandora, for all we know, though.

The red daycare shirt really, really bothers me. I wonder if she quickly packed up an overnight bag to go with a “friend” and then realized she was in trouble and threw the shirt out the window as a signal that she was missing. Was it found near the road? To me, that is the weirdest piece of the puzzle. If you can solve the red shirt, IMO, you can solve the case, because somebody put it there on purpose. She wasn’t wearing it.

Unless of course the shirt by the side of the road turned out not to be her shirt at all.

That’s what I gathered from his statement. “Molly and whovever is with her...” She voluntarily went missing and is now in over her head.

JMO
I think the comments by dad, several times now and the comments of LE, “We need to find out about Mollie” “Learn more about Mollie”, is all very interesting.

Yeah, the more I peruse her social media accounts to “get to know Mollie” the more I think she tells a story, especially her VSCO account!

“I belong in Brooklyn NY not Brooklyn IA” “craving adventure”
The Ed Sheeran song “Save Myself”
Photo of her in the outfit she may have disappeared in
So many suicide references/photos
“It’s a great day to be alive” on her IG tag line

Did she maybe meet someone she was mentoring/helping? Someone needy, maybe even suicidal? Maybe someone from college. Maybe someone online...

Did they come to Brooklyng that night? Was she walking somewhere to meet this person? Was she talking to them and they knew she was alone? Did they surprise her?

Did she go with them out of obligation/concern (if they were suicidal)? She trusted them? Maybe she went with them because it seemed fun and crazy? Maybe she thought she would return?

I’m staring to wonder if she is alive also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member