Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mollie was away from school for a year I’m sure she had a whole new circle of friends her family may not been aware of. I wouldn’t be surprised if she went on some dates too. There are so many possibilities of people she may have crossed paths with.

He couln’t negotiate 100% immunity if he releases her alive? Where’s our attorney?
Is it the Utah connection maybe?
Utah-Friend re-connects with MT at Fathers wedding, a month ago.
( UF and MT grew up in CA together in their early years. )
Still have a deep friendship.
Dad mentions to UF at wedding, Mollie's going to be engaged soon.
UF figures, 'my last chance'.
He goes back to Utah.
Gets his car. Drives across the US to Iowa.
Texts Mollie, an hour outside of Brooklyn, "Wanted to see you. Am an hour away."
She goes willingly with him. Gets convinced to take a road trip, to where? Canada? Mexico? NY?

(Grabbing at straws here.)

If she was headed over to her mom's for dinner, and planning on returning with the car after dinner, then she wasn't abandoning them. She was merel putting them in the basement for the few hours that she was planning on being gone.
True but I meant if she was planning to skip town with someone. The other question I have is why would her brother drop her off at 5:30 if she was supposed to go over to get the car a few hours later. I assume he might have needed it for a few hours but I always presumed she was going to get the car in the morning.

Please don't judge the length of the phone call with her dad as anything significant. I too had fairly long phone conversations with my father as a young woman, my mother died when I was young so we were close and would discuss current events, politics and religion. Truthfully, what we didn't discuss were my personal romantic and friendship issues. It's very possible that Mollie and her dad are close the way my dad and I are so I wouldn't read anything into a long phone conversation with her dad. MOO.
I never assumed the call was 3 hours straight but 3 hours total. Perhaps Dad just returned from honeymoon and they had much to catch up. I could also see Mollie asking a question about DR, and her Dad calling her back with a lengthy briefing. Or Mollie writing another bridal speech and Dad helping edit. He's made comments about her writings. Dad's occupation unknown, but just seems to me that they collaborated more than most.

If her cell phone was on, 18 days ago the Cops would’ve showed up at her location.

If she left that town with her cell phone operational, they wouldn’t be looking in Brooklyn.

That doesn't make sense to me. I believe her cell phone was working just fine when she set out that day, now during the course of the next 12 hours it was either turned off or ran out of juice...but she was seen talking on a functioning cell phone around 7:30 pm on July 18th. Also the pig farm isn't in Brooklyn, it's 13 miles away.

IMO, today has been the first day (after her father's comments) that it seems like it is starting to become clear to what someone close to the investigation is thinking. I know if I were in her parents shoes, I would grow increasingly frustrated with LE. And the cancellation of the PC could have been a tipping point to the dad, and he decided to let something slip.

The getting to know Mollie, the who was in Brooklyn that night that was out of the ordinary - those are the only things LE has basically given us. The tend to fall in line with my theory that someone she knew was driving through town, and she ran outside to say hey (maybe that is why she didnt head over to her moms). If this person had ill-intention, you can prevent someone from getting out by simply putting the child lock on. The family has to know things that we dont, and they have been able to appeal to those close with them to help get the reward amount high. This person had feelings for her, so that is why the comments have been made that they think she is still alive (they dont have it in them to kill her - thank God and hopefully still).

1) LE would know if her phone was on, if fitbit stopped communicating and where it had been.
if she regularly used the earbuds while jogging then it makes sense they would go with the phone.
2) I haven't seen any public statements by bf, family, roommates if the circumstances with the dogs was normal or unusual.
If they often were kept in the basement like that, it would not be strange. If they never were kept in the basement like that, then that is a clue.
3) She may have been wearing contacts. leaving glasses and contacts behind doesn't seem to indicate anything.
4) Leaving wallet / ID doesn't make sense if she planned on driving as the endpoint to the jog. Although, again, those close to her would know if leaving that behind is normal or not. If it's not normal then it would indicate to me that she was home.
5) Where is the fact about the phone being off or dead come from?

MT’s boyfriend said in an interview that he tried calling her phone everyday for like a week and it was just going to voicemail.
If the call goes straight to voicemail it’s typically turned off/dead.
Well technically it will go straight to voicemail if you decline the call as soon as it comes in but you would have to literally be holding the phone to decline it that fast.

Re: the dogs- I read the dogs seemed normal and nothing was out of the ordinary with them.

ETA - both of these topics have been discussed and links were posted but I don’t have them handy but hopefully that info helps.

What do you feel is the strongest, most compelling, confirmed lead in this case? How does it help to form your opinion and or theory?

I ask because I will tell you that my personal view is very few cases have had less of the above. I am not sure that anything we know that has been confirmed even helps move the pointer in any direction. You can see in many of the posts on here, that the frustration and emotions are a bit raw, and it seems to be coming from lack of anything coming out and the rehashing of "facts". I know no LE wants a case to go cold, but every action so far makes it seem that is where this is heading.

The reward is so high for someone that may be voluntarily missing and the family suspects that they are in over their head, am I wrong in thinking that?
I think her missing voluntarily is pretty low on the totem pole. LE must know much more than we do or they wouldn't be spending all of this time and money. No way would they do it for a runaway. I mean, why would they? She's an adult. She can leave if she wants. Therefore, I think there is evidence letting them know she isn't missing on her own volition. moo

I never assumed the call was 3 hours straight but 3 hours total. Perhaps Dad just returned from honeymoon and they had much to catch up. I could also see Mollie asking a question about DR, and her Dad calling her back with a lengthy briefing. Or Mollie writing another bridal speech and Dad helping edit. He's made comments about her writings. Dad's occupation unknown, but just seems to me that they collaborated more than most.

Yes, and if you look at her instagram (which is still public), her dad features pretty prominently in it, not just for his wedding. I do not see any with her mom, but I may not have scrolled far enough. This all to say, I think she genuinely has a close relationship with her dad, despite the geographical distance, and a 3 hour call is probably not out of character.

If you're referring to the Topeka Real Time News / Police Scanner fb page. I deleted that comment because I saw that the comment I read had been posted more than a few hours ago and it would be news now if it were actually true. It involved the sighting of a woman who the poster said looked a lot like MT in a white Prius and the poster also mentioned a police presence.

The truth is a lot of girls look like Mollie. My daughter is the same age and resembles her quite a bit actually. She also was traveling through airports today, and I half expected someone to suspect she was Mollie. I just don't think she left voluntarily in someone's vehicle. I think dad is trying to find a way to hold on to hope. It's what I would do.

I've thought for a while now that Mollie left voluntarily with someone she knew and trusted and that at some point it turned out bad. Perhaps the person had other ideas. I have felt like her dad has also felt this for awhile due to his comments, like "just come home, be okay."
I felt this comment he made on a Today show video made it sound like they had a better idea of what went down than they are sharing with the public.
He said, " we sorta know what general timeline, we sorta know where it took place, we know what has happened, there is no why, it makes no sense."
Here's that video interview where he made the comment above.
Twitter

He couln’t negotiate 100% immunity if he releases her alive? Where’s our attorney?
Let's just say you can "negotiate" anything. See OJ Simpson for reference. Immunity? Unlikely, but if she were unharmed and returned safely and there were extenuating circumstances and remorse then yes, his attorney could parlay that into consideration.

Hi guys, wish we saw more movement today. I still can't get on board with the idea that she left voluntarily. People with strong community ties don't usually just leave. By all accounts MT was very close with her family, friends, school, jobs. It just doesn't fit the profile of someone who feels no responsibility or connection to their home. I mean she was so close with her dad she was his "best man" and her Twitter profile picture is of her and her dad. I can't imagine someone with such strong ties leaving. We often see young people who have a reported history of feeling like outcasts, or a troubled home, who leave voluntarily. Not someone cemented into their community. Ugh, it just breaks my heart not knowing.
Absolutely agree with you. Also I don’t believe she would have left the dogs with no care. I believe her boyfriend wasn’t due home until Friday. She was designated to be their caregiver til the brothers came back from the jobs they were completing.

True but I meant if she was planning to skip town with someone. The other question I have is why would her brother drop her off at 5:30 if she was supposed to go over to get the car a few hours later. I assume he might have needed it for a few hours but I always presumed she was going to get the car in the morning.
She might have told him she had a ride for the next day and wouldn't be needing the car. Maybe that is part of why they are hopeful?

I am new here after following a link to WS last week from SM. I stayed around because getting info on this case solely from SM was a frustrating endeavor. I can really appreciate the rules regarding presumably innocent parties. If were up to the Twitter detectives, a lot of innocents would be hanging from a noose at the town square by now. Also, a bunch of poor hogs would be gutted in an attempt to find human remains. I am also bothered by the sheer number of people with no involvement in the case feeling entitled to every single detail that LE has. I have never presumed to be smarter than those directly involved in finding Mollie but not everyone feels the same. Regardless, glad to be here.

This site has done a great job on exploring all the facts so I have nothing to add there. I do have a question regarding WC and his involvement with LE. I don’t know if they believe he was involved or if they believe he at least has some info on who was. Another suggestion I’ve seen is LE may be using him as a decoy to throw off the actual culprit. Are there any ethics guidelines applied in this final scenario? What I am saying is if he is innocent and LE knows it are they not creating a second victim so to speak? This guy will always be known as “pig farmer associated with missing 20 yo” based on google searches alone. Additionally, My hometown is small. Located in the Deep South no less. At some point, a group of good ol boys would’ve determined that vigilante justice is the only justice three weeks out in a case like this. It seems like he could be unfairly targeted for this type of activity if he is indeed innocent and no arrests are made in the near future.

To be clear, if this were my child, any “collateral damage” would seem to be a necessary evil if it meant finding her. I know that sounds terrible but it’s the truth.

Wow! Welcome here! Great, intelligent post.

I really don't think they would harass an innocent person to make a perp comfortable. That being said, they are almost always exploring multiple avenues at the same time and allowing that info to be public could help make a suspect feel more comfortable.

ut oh.. this is a weird development.

bringing me back to the 3 hour phone call.with her father... I hope this is not going to turn into a Maura Murray kind of case. moo

I don't see any similarites. Do you? I men she wrote an email saying she was going on vacation. She was found on the side of the road acting weird. There have been zero signs that Mollie was having difficulty.

I definitely entertained that possibility at first but as time went by with no evidence that she left on her own, that became a slimmer possibility, especially considering the heavy FBI involvement.

Is this the same area where cadaver dogs were taken ? TIA to anyone who might know. If so, and the dogs hit, an arrest might be on the way. Not just because of cadaver dog, but other info LE has collected. jmo

It's the area where they took dogs. I don't know what kind.

No. He will be charged with kidnapping or false imprisonment if he releases her. But voluntarily releasing her definitely could help with sentencing. .

Is it the Utah connection maybe?
Utah-Friend re-connects with MT at Fathers wedding, a month ago.
( UF and MT grew up in CA together in their early years. )
Still have a deep friendship.
Dad mentions to UF at wedding, Mollie's going to be engaged soon.
UF figures, 'my last chance'.
He goes back to Utah.
Gets his car. Drives across the US to Iowa.
Texts Mollie, an hour outside of Brooklyn, "Wanted to see you. Am an hour away."
She goes willingly with him. Gets convinced to take a road trip, to where? Canada? Mexico? NY?

(Grabbing at straws here.)
LE would have those text msgs. They wouldn't be searching a pig farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298