Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something to consider, not this Perp, but the methods.

In Minnesota, 2017, a 34 yr old man, driving a White Van, that he purchased three days earlier, at 8:30pm in the evening, parked, crossed the street and grabbed a woman standing outside. He dragged her to the Van where he attempted to put her in and take her cell phone. Her screams brought attention and a witness intervened.

He drove off but was later caught.

The woman said, it happened so fast, I couldn’t react.

The Perp lived 21 miles away and was on parole. She had never seen the man before.

Good morning all. I noticed an image of MT being asked about being a missing child/person as she studied prior to her going missing (this was a text message exchange). This was reported on a ways back. How do you go missing before you are missing? I am not sure of the date of this exchange. Further, the Father stated, "no one went into the house to harm her..." unless, he just really has not been told; then this is a point of "she was in the home when she left." To me, a lot of the small facts indicate someone she came in contact/knew as the Father has indicated.

Hello everyone, new member here.
First, I would like to say this is a great site and a wonderful idea! I stumbled upon Webslueths this weekend. I've been reading and following the MT Forum since Saturday and pretty much believe I am up to speed with the posts. With that said, forgive me if mention something that has been already said. Fingers crossed this isn't the worst first post ever by a newbie.

1. I don't believe this was answered way back in the earlier threads but some were wondering about "bog" thinking it maybe "hog". I grew up in Western PA. and a bog is a marsh/swamp land with lots of cat tails and moss. Usually they smell awful too. A common phrase is "bogged down". Stuck in the mud, not getting anywhere. Sometimes the flooded area laying near a river like the Ohio River.

2. My real job, I deal with algorithms, probability, and data all day and night. I've been wondering for several days now and started thinking...MT lives in a house with her BF and 3 other guys (correct?). You have 3 men and on top of that, multiply the amount of other men they know. I would think the probability is high it very likely could somebody who is associated with one of them and knows the house would be empty with just MT home.

One other thing in regards to #2. MT's BF is a construction worker. Construction workers travel often for work like he does. This is way out there but what if it was a former coworker or current coworker? Perhaps a coworker knew about MT. Simply sharing photos, conversation on the job or on lunch break, etc. as well as being aware or figuring out MT was going to be home alone and knowing her BF would be out of town for work? That person could travel 70 miles, commit the crime, get out of town and never go back?

3. I've read and noticed all the talk about the FitBit. The neighbor stating he saw her that evening, 7:30, dinner, etc. The one thing I was wondering in regards to the evening and perhaps this has been mentioned and I totally overlooked it (apologies if so) but what was MT's punctuality? Was she always on time? Always late? Early? The reason this crossed my mind is that I am always early. On time is late for me. Once in my life I was late getting back to my parent's house on Christmas day driving from Columbus. I told them noon. It was 12:05 and we were 4 minutes out..my mother called and asked if we were okay. Of course my gf at the time was always late..born late I think and she caused us to be running late.

What I'm getting at is her mom said "brats" for dinner and MT just replied "ok". This sounds like it a was common. Jog, dinner, grab the car.

If I said "ok" about dinner to my mother and never showed or said anything else, I can guarantee that she would have called or text me after "X"P.M. that evening or night. Just to see if I was coming over to eat or verify I wasn't getting the car. I'm wondering if MT's mom attempted to call or text her later that evening or night and that is when she realized something was wrong that MT never answered or replied back after the "OK" text earlier. Especially knowing that MT was home alone. If so, hopefully LE has a good time frame at what time she went missing but they are not divulging that information to the public.

Anyway, hope my post makes some slither of sense and isn't too awful for being the FNG and my first post. I made a valid attempt to not break any post rules. Apologies ahead of time if so. I had zero intentions if I did. Great forum. Great people. Thanks for allowing me to join!

I have a daughter and I can only imagine the pain they are currently going through. I hope they find MT safe and bring her home.

-Michael

Good morning, folks... My thoughts for the day...
After the dad interview, then the PC being pushed back... I'm really thinking that they know what has happened, maybe not where MT is, but... I really think this is being negotiated.
We shall see, I guess, but... What was said in the interview yesterday is really quite extraordinary

If they knew where she was, I think we’d have some sort of indication to that effect. The odds of this having a happy ending have only decreased as the days have now turned to weeks.

I would argue that everyday they don't find a body, improves the chances of her being alive. Not by a lot, but a little bit.

If she is not alive, where is her body?

. My real job, I deal with algorithms, probability, and data all day and night. I've been wondering for several days now and started thinking...MT lives in a house with her BF and 3 other guys (correct?). You have 3 men and on top of that, multiply the amount of other men they know. I would think the probability is high it very likely could somebody who is associated with one of them and knows the house would be empty with just MT home.
-Michael

No, MT does not live there full-time, and the house is occupied by her bf, his brother, and his brother's fiancee.

groupwave-smiley-face.gif
Welcome to all our newbies.

You might like to read this updated article as it covers basically everything we know. All these subjects have been discussed endlessly in earlier threads but you can save yourselves a lot of time by reading this.

Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

After Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance, authorities see rush of scary Facebook posts

Since Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance last month, Iowa law enforcement agencies have seen several Facebook posts about alleged kidnapping and stalking attempts near Iowa City go viral and prompt public concern.

Two posts from white women alleged that black men followed their vehicles, sometimes at up to "120 miles per hour," but law enforcement said these incidents were never reported to them.

"Never was I contacted or State Patrol contacted by the person that posted these," said Sgt. Nathan Ludwig, spokesman for Iowa State Patrol.

[....]

I am still extremely interested in the three hour phone call to dad, and the context and content of said call.

Unfortunately we’ll probably never know. LE will have checked Mollie’s phone records. As I've had many, many 2+ hour calls with my daughter, I don’t find 3 hours odd. We know that Mollie is very close to her dad and was “best man” at his recent wedding. She had a lot going on in her young life at the time and was looking forward to moving into her first apartment. She also had plans to accompany her boyfriend Dalton to the Dominican Republic for his brother's wedding on 2 August which was only 2 weeks away. No doubt she was very excited and she had a lot to talk about.

What I’d be interested in knowing is how often she had lengthy calls to her dad or whether this was a one-off/rare occurrence. If so, LE presumably would have asked him what they discussed.

Good morning, folks... My thoughts for the day...
After the dad interview, then the PC being pushed back... I'm really thinking that they know what has happened, maybe not where MT is, but... I really think this is being negotiated.
We shall see, I guess, but... What was said in the interview yesterday is really quite extraordinary

I very much hope you are right!!!

I'm wondering, with many people including MT's family thinking she could've been taken by a known acquaintance, who may be regretful or feeling "in over their head" and unsure what to do, that maybe a different approach would help. In addition to the missing posters and billboards with the big reward and pictures of MT, which are more directed at everbody but the perp, hoping someone will see her and call the police. How about some posters and billboards directed at the perp. Maybe some law firms that would specifically run radio, tv, newspaper and facebook ads that say something like "If you have MT, we can help", "this doesn't have to go any farther", "we'll be there with you every step of the way".

Has anything like this been done before?

I would think they would be more inclined to talk to and turn themselves in with a lawyer than to do it without one.

I don't know what her family thinks about that, but I'm pretty sure all of her acquaintances have already been investigated.

I think there has already been attempts by the family to encourage the kidnapper to release her. I'm sure the kidnapper(s) have seen those interviews. I'm not sure what TV, newspaper and facebook ads would accomplish that the interviews with the family members haven't already covered.

Someone further up asked where her passport was. Has this been discovered? It isn't hard to leave the country. I find so much about this case really odd. Mom and Dad seem to not be on the same page with their story and I haven't ruled out that maybe it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns with the boyfriend. Not accusing him of anything, but girls that age can live a double life emotionally with someone else and maybe she just left. It brings me back to Audrey Seiler in Madison, WI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member