Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a runner myself, if I know I'm going to be going back out to run/walk/sweat in any way, I would not shower and put on new running clothes. I would hang out in the running clothes and go back out in them. I don't sweat a whole lot, but in the summer I do sweat some. I still wouldn't go straight to the shower just to do it all over again in a little while. For that matter, if I knew I was going to run to mom's to pick up a car, I'd just swing by there on my running route. IMO it makes more sense that she just didn't make it home from the jog in the first place.

Answering a Question with a Question: What evidence do we have that she returned from her jog?
There have been indications that law enforcement has told people that they think she returned. I am not saying this happened, I am simply allowing for it with a theory that works if it is proven to be true. I have said, and still believe that it’s very likely she went missing on her jog.

i am surprised LE has not focused more on the vandalism that happened at the hardware store around the time she went missing. that town is so small that i'm sure any type of crime reported there would be few and far between. it's even more alarming because Mollie went missing the same night (supposedly).

i've spoken about this before in one of the earlier threads, but i live in a small town in Illinois not much bigger than Brooklyn. this case somewhat reminds me of something that happened in my town a while ago. when i was a kid in 2002/2003, a young girl was kidnapped from her home in the middle of the night, sexually assaulted, killed and then dumped in the forest preserve right outside of our town. they found her body that day. her father was the only suspect our police had and coerced him into confessing by interrogating him for days and telling him that he did it. there was no evidence that he did. LE never found out who actually killed her until around 2011. a house in the young girl's neighborhood was burglarized the same night of her kidnapping. the police NEVER looked into it. the man who killed her was the burglar. there are threads about this case on here actually, and before they found who did it i saw that some posters actually wondered why they weren't investigating the burglary that happened in the neighborhood. this goes to show that some of our theories could actually have some truth to them.

i'm not saying that the vandalism at the hardware store and Mollie's disappearance are connected. but i think LE definitely needs to look into that (and for all we know they could have already). a lot of cases are much more simpler than they seem. if they could identify the vandals, they could have potentially seen something going on around the area while they were vandalizing the store.

just sharing some info that might be interesting to you all! hope Friday's PC has some more details than what we already know, and i hope Mollie comes home soon.
Wow! Great insight. Thanks for sharing.

I completely agree with you. I’m simply trying to fit her going on her jog, her apparently returning home, and the reason for her apparently remaining in her jogging clothes. If all of these things are true, then she might have planned on going to her mom’s house to perhaps pick up the car.

Maybe she was going to do it in one trip. She could have jogged one of her regular routes, and done her cool-down (walk) on the way to her mom's for supper.

ETA: Seems like this would mean Collum's statement was inaccurate, though. ?

RE: possibly short jog time

If I knew I’d have to walk/jog to pick up the car at my moms later anyway, I’d maybe only do a partial jog first. Or (since I’m forgetful and maybe mollie is too) if I remember mid-jog that I have to get the car later, I’d stop a little early, do some stuff at home, stay in my jogging clothes, and then just finish my jog later (double tasking).

And as a fellow migraine sufferer— the only thing that has helped me is topamax. I haven’t gotten a migraine since starting it a year ago (I used to get 6-8 migraines per month with nausea & hours with my head in the toilet). Also lost a decent amount of weight on it as a side effect. Tried almost all other prescriptions w no luck

Are you familiar with that area? What kind of activities would be going on around 7Pm at the High School ? Any ideas?
I can't speak for 7/18, but I do know there was an All Stars Tournament (little league) at 7pm week 7-9-18 that ran all week.

The Jr/Sr School and Community Center are very popular grounds in towns of this size. I'm familiar with one who talked to a Parishioner from family's church and also learned the School parking lot is also known as the unofficial "park-n-ride" for commuters and/or ride shares. I believe the school would be very unsuspecting area to get inside vehicle and leave undetected versus a car stopping in the street or even one's driveway within neighbors view.

Last edited:
OT
Since im a long time migraine sufferer I feel your pain. It took me literally 20 years to find a neurologist that found a miracle medicine that knocks mine out every time now. He told me I had a fairly common condition where I had smaller capilaries or smaller blood vessels in my brain which dont allow adequate blood flow under stress or other triggers. He subscribed me a medicine that expands the blood vessels and by golly if it doesnt knock out my migraines each and every time. Takes about 45 minutes to an hour to work but by golly it works.

Just offering in case someone has similar condition that can be validated by your doctor. The miracle medicine that I always have near me now is called "Maxalt MLT". Melts under tounge and tastes like chalk but its a true miracle for me after 20 years of suffering them.

People like yourself that know real migraines know they are not your normal headache and no amount of Advil or Aspirin will cure a real migraine.

Hatfield: Thanks for posting this. I'm glad you found something that works for you. Hope it helps others reading this.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I want to express my sympathy to all of you who suffer from this malady, even to the point of losing a job. How awful.

Back to Mollie . . .

As a runner myself, if I know I'm going to be going back out to run/walk/sweat in any way, I would not shower and put on new running clothes. I would hang out in the running clothes and go back out in them. I don't sweat a whole lot, but in the summer I do sweat some. I still wouldn't go straight to the shower just to do it all over again in a little while. For that matter, if I knew I was going to run to mom's to pick up a car, I'd just swing by there on my running route. IMO it makes more sense that she just didn't make it home from the jog in the first place.

You would go home first if you knew you had a homework assignment due at midnight and you wanted to get it done before you went to your mom's to get food and pick up the car. By the way, I'm just making up the 12am deadline, just threw it out there because it's a common time for assignments to be due in the age of online learning.

As an owner of a large dog, I can tell you it's actually not that easy to run with my dog.. He stops to do his business, and I have to pick it up. He stops to pee on bushes, sniff poles, hydrants and random blades of grass. Now I am not an avid runner so he goes with me, but if I'm trying to improve time and endurance he is a distraction.
Totally agree. I am an avid runner and would never take my larger dog. I am working on speed and endurance, dogs can be too all over the place and can easily trip you up. Both figuratively and literally!

I can't remember the case right now, but wasn't there a pregnant gal taken so that they could sell her baby at birth?
I don't really think Mollie is missing because of a pregnancy tho. It just got brought up because of her mothers comments about discussing with Mollie when she was pregnant with her and what would prompt that type of conversation.
Yes that too. I had made a comment earlier about finding it strange that her mother mentioned wanting to meet her grandchildren. I thought if her mother had some knowledge of, or thought there might be a grandchild to meet, she might have made that particular comment the way she did.
I saw the screenshots that were deleted, and which I made screenshots of. They are also what made me think in that direction as well.

Thanks but that is different. They located her from her cell phone. It's well known that a cell phone can be located. That takes just seconds. With the right apps an individual can do that, instantly. But I'm talking about taking all of the data from a cell phone tower and trying to find a suspect with from that data. That is more like looking for a needle in a haystack. To that best of my knowledge, it has never been successful.

When LE gets a data dump from the cell towers, as they typically do, and say the abductor(s) also has a cell phone, the LE can match pings triangulated to MTs last known location with any pings from any phones in the same near vicinity at the same time. This is possible by a method of what amounts to reverse triangulation. For instance, you could use the records to find find all phones with a certain ping speed, given phone and carrier and with a margin of error, that would match MT’s last pinged location to a particular tower. You would then do this for two more towers. You then combine the data of all the sources, look for the appropriate overlap, and see what phones match. Even given a margin of error, it would give you a reasonable list of phones to isolate. Of course, somebody could be using a burner phone or a stolen phone.

Everything done through the towers is logged so, for example, LE could do a regression analysis to find phones that are not usually in the area based on the numbers they find in their investigation, which could indicate some outsider suspect. With a town of 1500, it would not be too difficult to isolate a small pool of people of interest this way.

You would go home first if you knew you had a homework assignment due at midnight and you wanted to get it done before you went to your mom's to get food and pick up the car. By the way, I'm just making up the 12am deadline, just threw it out there because it's a common time for assignments to be due in the age of online learning.

Right, I was responding to someone who suggested she might have come back, showered, and put on clean running clothes in order to run to mom's later. I couldn't get the "quote" function to work, so my response was a little out of context. I was just saying I would have come home, not showered, and stayed in my running clothes if I knew I was going to run again later.

As an owner of a large dog, I can tell you it's actually not that easy to run with my dog.. He stops to do his business, and I have to pick it up. He stops to pee on bushes, sniff poles, hydrants and random blades of grass. Now I am not an avid runner so he goes with me, but if I'm trying to improve time and endurance he is a distraction.
I see what you are saying, but if she left her house after the initial run and was going to her mom's, just take a dog. But maybe people don't think twice about walking alone there.

There have been indications that law enforcement has told people that they think she returned. I am not saying this happened, I am simply allowing for it with a theory that works if it is proven to be true. I have said, and still believe that it’s very likely she went missing on her jog.

LE has been extremely cagey in their comments re: the timeline. Like you, IMO the most likely scenario is that she went missing during the jog. If LE ever comes out and confirms any evidence of her having made it home from the job, e.g., that her laptop was being used by someone after 8 pm that night, that her phone pinged at the house location after 8 pm, etc., then I'll quickly change my tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67