Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guestwriter, I don't look my bedroom door but I'm with you. Especially if one has family to protect.
  • Home alarm
  • Guns available
  • My Belgian Malinois aka "the Maligator".
Personally, I think Tricia could make serious money on marketing security systems for registered posters. After reading the posts here, it isn't too long before posters go out and purchase them. :O

Yeah, I get that, I'm wondering about the question to the mother as to whether or not she was in a house at 9:45 and the BF's remark that in the pic she sent she appeared to be a house but he couldn't make out where exactly she was.[/QUOTE

This just gave me chills. This has been mentioned before but it brings new meaning at week three.

No her room at her mother's house. They said she didn't stay there because the AC was not working good in her room and her boyfriend's house was cooler. It's been repeated that the mother saw the 2 shirts in her room and her mom thought they were the only ones she had.

Also my guess is
Seems it was still daylight. Need to know what time it became dark. Strange that the reporter didn't ask the approximate time.

sunset in Brooklyn, Iowa on July 18th was 8:41pm

I’ve read almost every thread and spent hours a day looking at every news feed (yes very bored at work) Even though this is my first post on the website I have been a quiet sleuther for a while, so please keep an open mind and let me know what you think so I can improve.

There is one factor in my opinion that holds the most (ah ha) value which is the dogs being found in the basement. This means MT was either fully gone from the house or someone that the dogs didn’t know but she knew came to the house and they barked at them so she put them in the basement and invited them in or just talked to them at the front door. Many SM pics show the dogs roaming freely in the house even laying on the furniture and the BF also verified the same thing and that the dogs would have slept with in the bed with her.

Scenario #1 (what I consider the most likely). MT returned to her boyfriends house from her run that started around 7:30. She let the dogs out of the basement, etc. She remembered she had an assignment due or test the next day for school at the last minute or she procrastinated (I mean it is summer who wants to do school work). She lost track of time and because of this never changed out of her running clothes. She realized how late it was and that she needed to get to her mom’s to get the car and eat. She put the dogs back in the basement. Since it was dark out she put on a shirt over her pink sports bra she had worn earlier (red daycare shirt...yes I know she had two already over at her moms....maybe she couldn’t remember if they were over there for sure...her mom did say she could have a third shirt) and headed out walking/jogging to her moms with the intention of staying overnight there and coming back with the car in the morning to let the dogs out. She never made it to her moms I think because of a crime of opportunity even though it is rare. Also fitbits need to be charged once a day. I think her Fitbit ran out of battery while she was still wearing it at the last ping that went out (pig farm?) after she had already been abducted. Still wondering about the cell phone though. It would be interesting to see if cell phone data and Fitbit were different because of one of them running out of battery way before the other one.

Why this scenario you say....

-explains the school internet late evening activity

-explains missing running gear, Fitbit, armband, etc

-explains red t-shirt found

-explains why some neighbor(s) (told by LE) and dad say they think MT made it back home.

-explains the dogs being in basement.

-explains lack of crime scene at house.

-explains why she didn’t text her mom saying she wasn’t coming over for brats since she was on her way.

Scenario #2 (starts out the same as #1)

MT returned to her boyfriends house from her run that started around 7:30. She let the dogs out, etc. She remembered she had an assignment due the next day for school at the last minute or she procrastinated (I mean it is summer who wants to do school work). She lost track of time because of this never changed out of her running clothes (I used to be an avid runner and if I wasn’t too sweaty I didn’t change out of running clothes right away). Someone calls her that she knows or she is talking to someone online and she invites them over to the BF’s house. She puts the dogs in the basement since they don’t know he/she. MT and unknown person go out to hang out, drink, star gaze, etc. Things go very wrong from there.

-problems with this scenario. I think she would have changed out of running clothes if she voluntarily left the house with someone. Especially not had the running iPhone armband which is one of the confirmed missing items.

-doesn’t explain why she wouldn’t text her mom say she wasn’t coming over for brats after all and that she was going to get the car in the morning.

What do you all think?

Last edited:
Maybe it's not what he's done so much as what he knows. With his past someone might figure he might not be a fan of LE or they might have something on him so

Maybe the interest in him isn't so much what he's done but what he might know. With his past someone might figure he might not be a fan of LE or they might have something on him so they figure they can easily enlist his aid in disposing of evidence.

I am thinking the abductor knows WC and his past, and knew if he planted at least one of the electronic devices near the hog confinement, LE would be drawn to him and take up a lot of resources. Someone is using him as a "patsy". MO.

I think that farmer is going to be like the land owner in the libby and abby case... years later, no arrest, no suspect. I know the farmer man isn't a nice man, but I don't know that I think he's a suspect in Mollie's disappearance.

If it's a fact that LE asked the mom if MT was "in a house" at 9:45, what could that suggest? Maybe one of the tech-savvy people can address this: Could it suggest that her electronics show she was stationary at some place -- a place that is not the house where she was staying? Could the data be sufficient to show the location was not that house, yet insufficient to show the actual location?
If the "in a house" phrasing is correct, that's a strange question.

Personally, I think Tricia could make serious money on marketing security systems for registered posters. After reading the posts here, it isn't too long before posters go out and purchase them. :O

Mom24, I think you're onto something :) Where's Tricia? lol

Now that's a solid piece of irrefutable evidence. Seriously, talk about a smack head moment. We have a timeline of sorts and it's one piece of solid evidence without conjecture. Thank you!
Well hell, something happened after 7:30pm.
ANd..before 7:30 am next morning. (Brother texted her about the car with no response).

Bringing over our compiled list from the previous thread. Please add your questions:
Things we want to know:

Why do police think she was on her computer that night? (I leave mine on for days at a time)

Did she ever wear her armband to listen to music while doing homework? (They’re not usually very comfortable, and it seems unlikely she’d wear it for anything other than being outside)

Would she have taken the trash out to the curb that night? (Or have some other house chore/reason to be outside after her jog and before she let the dogs out)?

No her room at her mother's house. They said she didn't stay there because the AC was not working good in her room and her boyfriend's house was cooler. It's been repeated that the mother saw the 2 shirts in her room and her mom thought they were the only ones she had.
Wait a cotton picking minute, the red t-shirts were at Mom's house? Didn't I also read somewhere that Mollie has asked her Mom to pick up some items for her for work the next day?

I’ve read almost every thread and spent hours a day looking at every news feed (yes very bored at work) Even though this is my first post on the website I have been a quiet sleuther for a while, so please keep an open mind and let me know what you think so I can improve.

There is one factor in my opinion that holds the most (ah ha) value which is the dogs being found in the basement. This means MT was either fully gone from the house or someone that the dogs didn’t know but she knew came to the house and they barked at them so she put them in the basement and invited them in or just talked to them at the front door. Many SM pics show the dogs roaming freely in the house even laying on the furniture and the BF also verified the same thing and that the dogs would have slept with in the bed with her.

Scenario #1 (what I consider the most likely). MT returned to her boyfriends house from her run that started around 7:30. She let the dogs out of the basement, etc. She remembered she had an assignment due or test the next day for school at the last minute or she procrastinated (I mean it is summer who wants to do school work). She lost track of time and because of this never changed out of her running clothes. She realized how late it was and that she needed to get to her mom’s to get the car and eat. She put the dogs back in the basement. Since it was dark out she put on a shirt over her pink sports bra she had worn earlier (red daycare shirt...yes I know she had two already over at her moms....maybe she couldn’t remember if they were over there for sure...her mom did say she could have a third shirt) and headed out walking/jogging to her moms with the intention of staying overnight there and coming back with the car in the morning to let the dogs out. She never made it to her moms I think because of a crime of opportunity even though it is rare. Also fitbits need to be charged once a day. I think her Fitbit ran out of battery while she was still wearing it at the last ping that went out (pig farm?) after she had already been abducted. Still wondering about the cell phone though. It would be interesting to see if cell phone data and Fitbit were different because of one of them running out of battery way before the other one.

Why this scenario you say....

-explains missing running gear, Fitbit, armband, etc

-explains red t-shirt found

-explains why some neighbor(s) (told by LE) and dad say they think MT made it back home.

-explains the dogs being in basement.

-explains lack of crime scene at house.

-explains why she didn’t text her mom saying she wasn’t coming over for brats since she was on her way.

Scenario #2 (starts out the same as #1)

MT returned to her boyfriends house from her run that started around 7:30. She let the dogs out, etc. She remembered she had an assignment due the next day for school at the last minute or she procrastinated (I mean it is summer who wants to do school work). She lost track of time because of this never changed out of her running clothes (I used to be an avid runner and if I wasn’t too sweaty I didn’t change out of running clothes right away). Someone calls her that she knows or she is talking to someone online and she invites them over to the BF’s house. She puts the dogs in the basement since they don’t know he/she. MT and unknown person go out to hang out, drink, star gaze, etc. Things go very wrong from there.

-problems with this scenario. I think she would have changed out of running clothes if she voluntarily left the house with someone. Especially not had the running iPhone armband which is one of the confirmed missing items.

-doesn’t explain why she wouldn’t text her mom say she wasn’t coming over for brats after all and that she was going to get the car in the morning.

What do you all think?
My Fitbit doesn't need to be charged every day. I haven't tested it to see how long it can go; typically I charge it every 3 days.

In many cases, but not all, LE tells the public to be alert for individuals who do things like change their appearance (cut their hair much shorter, shave a beard, etc.), exhibit personality changes, start abusing drugs or drink alcohol more. I don't recall having heard those things from LE here. Granted LE doesn’t always say it, but one would think if they are looking for tips they would bring this up here. We have a $300K+ reward out there. I also wonder about individuals who might scratches or bruises like they had been in a struggle.

LE neglected to mention this? Or LE isn’t concerned because they believe they have their suspect and they are watching the person?

So many questions....which is the younger brother? Jake or Scott?

Jake the one who called in the morning why didn't alarm bells go off when she didn't respond...He could have gone by the house not that far to see what was up.
Why wasn't her mom alarmed when she didn't show for dinner...after she bought stuff for MT to make cookies or some dessert. What if who took or knows where she is sent the snapchat...the younger son talked in past tense about his sister...didn't feel right to me. I know the brothers were cleared right away...I still have a funny feeling that a young person was involved an admirer or stalker or an angry guy she ticked off.
What if WC is a decoy? Just saying......

Why do police think she was on her computer that night? (I leave mine on for days at a time)

Did she ever wear her armband to listen to music while doing homework? (They’re not usually very comfortable, and it seems unlikely she’d wear it for anything other than being outside)

Would she have taken the trash out to the curb that night? (Or have some other house chore/reason to be outside after her jog and before she let the dogs out)?
Excellent questions!

I wonder how much advance notice there was that she would be there alone? boyfriend I would think knew at least a week in advance he would be gone for work, other woman in home I think was also gone for work so at least a week she would have known. does that sound reasonable to think at least a week? just wondering about how much time there was for info of her there alone had to travel.

If it's a fact that LE asked the mom if MT was "in a house" at 9:45, what could that suggest? Maybe one of the tech-savvy people can address this: Could it suggest that her electronics show she was stationary at some place -- a place that is not the house where she was staying? Could the data be sufficient to show the location was not that house, yet insufficient to show the actual location?
If the "in a house" phrasing is correct, that's a strange question.
Could that be the time the snap chat was sent? Do they have that information yet?

I believe two people said they saw her, the neighbor you mention above who couldn't tell if she made a left or right on Jackson St. and another "who lives a few hundred yards away in West Pershing Drive."

The third neighbor, the one right across the street from Dalton & Co.'s house, says he did not see her but "investigators also told him Tibbetts had returned home after jogging past his house, according to data from her Fitbit."

Why would an investigator even tell him MT returned home after jogging? I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic