Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad we don't know the context of the Mum's "pregnant" talk.
Just speculating, but I think they probably wanted the parents to say something that could humanize Mollie if someone actually does have her. Make her a person to them. I'm not even wanting to go thinking that route, I am still hoping we'll hear she walked in and it was all a big misunderstanding.

He was probably advised not discuss details of the two hour interview. The details of the questions from the two hour interview might tip someone else as to what the police have or don't have, or what they are looking for. Good for him that he didn't divulge anything from the more detailed interview.

I completely agree. I was speaking more to the point that he doesn't appear truthful. He should have just said he'd rather not say because now he's cast suspicion upon himself.

I'm thinking that a cell tower dump might be useful, particularly in such a small town. LE could get the phone numbers of all the devices that pinged the cell towers in Brooklyn that night. It's a small town, roughly 1,400 people.

Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance thrusts Brooklyn, Iowa into spotlight

Is there any case of that ever being successful? I know they were optimistic that they could find Missy Bevers murder that way, but nothing came out of it. I have heard about them subpoenaing cell tower data in other cases, but I have never heard of any successful outcome.

The first problem is that cell phones ping upto 45 miles away. So even in a rural area thousands of cell phones are pinging a tower at any given moment. They would then have to investigate every one of those cell phone users. To make it worse, in this case they would probably have to look at all the cell phones that pinged in a 18 or 24 hour period. That could be 50,000 phones, or more.

How is it that we cannot talk about family or anyone else, yet this guy - easily identifiable from initials - is being openly judged and his background and family investigated here? Yet as in above quote, he is not a POI?
I think it is because he openly provided in the open press what parts he has taken part in (interviews, phone search, no polygraph, etc.). The POI does not mean suspect. This initially came in because of the searches being performed. The family is due to the reported clearance/information available and no statements voluntarily of what they have done such as polygraphs, etc.

I suffered severe migraines. Sadly, they even cost me my job. They are related to seizures. I would see halo's, black out, sometimes couldn't remember how I got home from work.

“A nearby officer went to the store, watched the surveillance footage and determined that it was not Tibbetts.”

That’s how they’re characterizing the response? Good lord, this whole area went completely bonkers. I learned today that a potential Mollie sighting will draw a swift and sizable LE response - “a nearby officer” is not a complete and accurate statement.

I was surprised at that too. And what if the single officer did not have good vision or was using an old photo of Mollie to do his comparison. I would have expected at least 2 and maybe 3 officers to compare the video to her known pictures. Relying on one person that probably did not even know Mollie to look at a possibly grainy video seems bizarre in a case of this importance.

Call in the parents and let them decide if its her or not. Good Grief.

I don’t think she jogged later on, we know that she went because of witness statements. I’m saying that she may have also left the house at a later hour, after the jog. That’s why I asked.

I see. That is possible. My only reservation with that theory is that nobody in town saw her walking at a later hour, which at first glance seems unlikely since it would have taken her 20 minutes or so walking that distance. Lots of time to have eyeballs on her. That being said, the incident could have happened close to the BFs house, at the start of a walk, essentially before she could have been noticed by anybody in town since it is on the fringe of the village. But, if she didn’t like running at night, might it be likely she didn’t like walking at night, too? I don’t know. So, I think if your theory of a walk after a jog is true, then it seems most probable that the abduction would have had to occur near her starting point.

Not sure if posted - am still on p7!

The Mercury News
NewsCalifornia News
From Oakland to Iowa, Mollie Tibbetts’ family relies on two communities and clings to hope
Mollie Tibbetts, 20, who has been missing since July 18 from her home in Brooklyn, Iowa, joined her dad and her brothers in Yosemite in June after her father’s wedding at Bass Lake.
Mollie Tibbetts was in kindergarten or first grade at Corpus Christi Catholic School in Oakland when her father was robbed at gunpoint in front of their home in the city’s leafy Glenview neighborhood.
He wasn’t hurt. Living on the edge of Oakland, Rob Tibbetts chalked it up to big-city problems.
<modsnipped- copyright infringement- only 10% of an article is allowed to be copied>

From Oakland to Iowa, Mollie Tibbetts' family relies on two communities and clings to hope

Last edited by a moderator:
No, not strange at all. My family has migraine sufferers as well. Darn things will really wipe you out. When I had them, I had to sleep them off for several hours.

I know I was excited to learn about the new injection treatment until I learned it cost nearly £6,000 a year privately and wasn’t available on the NHS. Most days I’m sat in the dark with a cool patch on my head. Migraines are horrific.

Say... The person of interest has been in a position of some authority... Someone who has access to weapons and tactics... Someone who would be threatening enough to keep MT scared enough to not attempt to flee or call for help...
Someone known to LE..
Someone who knows his situation has really destroyed his life, so he would be only interested in cutting the best possible deal to try to save his skin...
Now say... That person has some tie to WC... and those 5 minute visits are just LE checking in to see if there has been any contact...

I don’t think she jogged later on, we know that she went because of witness statements. I’m saying that she may have also left the house at a later hour, after the jog. That’s why I asked.

I agree it's possible she may have left the house at a later hour after the jog, I just have a hard time seeing how that would have played out. Every time I visualize a scenario where she returns home from the jog, then leaves a second time, I always in my mind's eye see her showering and/or changing clothes before heading back out...especially if she did homework b/t her jog and then leaving the house for a second time. She seems to have a fairly set running routine. I'm guessing that includes her post-run habits/routines. It would be instructive to know if she normally showers & changes right after she gets back from her evening runs, or does she usually just leave her running clothes on and wait until bedtime or the next morning to shower? I'm rambling, apologies.

I am glad I am not the only one who thought that was an odd comment. Even odder, to me, saying that a conversation she has with Mollie often is about when she was pregnant with Mollie and her brothers. I talk to my daughter daily - and that is something I don't think we have ever talked about. Just a little strange, IMO.
I guess this really shows how everyone is different, i have talked to my daughter about that many times. Also I think the mom is expressing how she wants so much for her daughter to have a future and be happy. The thought that she may not is probably constantly on her mind now.

I agree it's possible she may have left the house at a later hour after the jog, I just have a hard time seeing how that would have played out. Every time I visualize a scenario where she returns home from the jog, then leaves a second time, I always in my mind's eye see her showering and/or changing clothes before heading back out...especially if she did homework b/t her jog and then leaving the house for a second time. She seems to have a fairly set running routine. I'm guessing that includes her post-run habits/routines. It would be instructive to know if she normally showers & changes right after she gets back from her evening runs, or does she usually just leave her running clothes on and wait until bedtime or the next morning to shower? I'm rambling, apologies.
I completely agree with you. I’m simply trying to fit her going on her jog, her apparently returning home, and the reason for her apparently remaining in her jogging clothes. If all of these things are true, then she might have planned on going to her mom’s house to perhaps pick up the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico