Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the dogs that lived in the boyfriend's house were friendly with others outside of the people who lived there? Has it been mentioned if they were left out when visitors were present, or always put in the basement as they were primarily guard dogs and possibly aggressive to visitors or friends? Someone way back in the threads mentioned that there is a sedative that can be given to dogs and leaves no trace hours later. I guess what I am getting at is that maybe it wasn't necessarily Mollie who put them in the basement, but someone familiar enough with the dogs or a way to get them down there. But, if they were not the type of dogs that could be approached by others (at all) it's a moot point.

I know I was excited to learn about the new injection treatment until I learned it cost nearly £6,000 a year privately and wasn’t available on the NHS. Most days I’m sat in the dark with a cool patch on my head. Migraines are horrific.

OT
Since im a long time migraine sufferer I feel your pain. It took me literally 20 years to find a neurologist that found a miracle medicine that knocks mine out every time now. He told me I had a fairly common condition where I had smaller capilaries or smaller blood vessels in my brain which dont allow adequate blood flow under stress or other triggers. He subscribed me a medicine that expands the blood vessels and by golly if it doesnt knock out my migraines each and every time. Takes about 45 minutes to an hour to work but by golly it works.

Just offering in case someone has similar condition that can be validated by your doctor. The miracle medicine that I always have near me now is called "Maxalt MLT". Melts under tounge and tastes like chalk but its a true miracle for me after 20 years of suffering them.

People like yourself that know real migraines know they are not your normal headache and no amount of Advil or Aspirin will cure a real migraine.

I still don't think FBI involvement from early on is unusual. The town had no police force, it used a shared sheriff's department. The FBI will deploy resources according to need. If you're in a bigger city, you may already have manpower and equipment where you can handle an investigation yourself until you need specialized FBI labs or equipment. Many medium to large cities received significant homeland security grants where they have additional resources available to them and trained experts who can work on violent crimes without assistance from the FBI. Smaller communities need to call in assistance right away. The FBI has moved from purely a federal law enforcement agency to also helping fill in gaps in state and local preparedness.

I don't think that's the way it works. The FBI does not get involved in a case just because there is no local LE. They get involved because of the type of case and it meets certain criteria. Kidnapping is something the FBI gets involved in, regardless of where it is.

OT
Since im a long time migraine sufferer I feel your pain. It took me literally 20 years to find a neurologist that found a miracle medicine that knocks mine out every time now. He told me I had a fairly common condition where I had smaller capilaries or smaller blood vessels in my brain which dont allow adequate blood flow under stress or other triggers. He subscribed me a medicine that expands the blood vessels and by golly if it doesnt knock out my migraines each and every time. Takes about 45 minutes to an hour to work but by golly it works.

Just offering in case someone has similar condition that can be validated by your doctor. The miracle medicine that I always have near me now is called "Maxalt MLT". Melts under tounge and tastes like chalk but its a true miracle for me after 20 years of suffering them.

People like yourself that know real migraines know they are not your normal headache and no amount of Advil or Aspirin will cure a real migraine.

Thank you Hatfield I really appreciate your advice.

I don't think that's the way it works. The FBI does not get involved in a case just because there is no local LE. They get involved because of the type of case and it meets certain criteria. Kidnapping is something the FBI gets involved in, regardless of where it is.
They also get involved when law enforcement asks them to. Any local agency can ask for the FBI’s help. Their being involved isn’t contingent upon a jurisdictional reason.

I was recently re-reading about the Morgan Harrington and Hannah Graham cases. They were young women grabbed at night near their colleges. When the murderer pled guilty, the state released an outline of the evidence they believed would have led to guilt beyond a reasonable doubt if the case went to trial. I think it's an interesting read to see just how detailed LE gets and how much is fully investigated in these cases. Keep in mind, these are only the details that turned out to be relevant and related to the actual murderer. For every strand of hair tied to a dog the suspect had in 2005, there are likely 100 pieces of evidence tested and thrown out as not relevant or with no probative value. It is exhausting work but for a great cause.

Jesse Matthew Jr. pleads guilty to killing Hannah Graham, Morgan Harrington

Does anyone know if the dogs that lived in the boyfriend's house were friendly with others outside of the people who lived there? Has it been mentioned if they were left out when visitors were present, or always put in the basement as they were primarily guard dogs and possibly aggressive to visitors or friends? Someone way back in the threads mentioned that there is a sedative that can be given to dogs and leaves no trace hours later. I guess what I am getting at is that maybe it wasn't necessarily Mollie who put them in the basement, but someone familiar enough with the dogs or a way to get them down there. But, if they were not the type of dogs that could be approached by others (at all) it's a moot point.

I've been wondering all along why she didn't go jogging with one or the the other dog, so maybe they were not friendly? Not that a dog will completely stop someone who wants to do something bad, but it might have made a difference.....

I believe her taker was familiar with, comfortable with, and would not draw any real notice in that area, because of activities at times during the Summer, in that area.
Are you familiar with that area? What kind of activities would be going on around 7Pm at the High School ? Any ideas?

I completely agree. I was speaking more to the point that he doesn't appear truthful. He should have just said he'd rather not say because now he's cast suspicion upon himself.

I suspect a lot of people don't get a lot of practice with public speaking and over-answer or over-explain, and that is where they create more questions trying to answer questions.

Why the high school area?

If she did walk to her mom’s house later, which I am not inclined to think at this point, getting abducted near the high school seems far, far less likely, given the the lack of eye witnesses seeing her walk through town on a 20 minute walk. If she was abducted on a later walk, it seems more probable that it was closer to the BF’s house, where almost nobody would have had the chance to witness her walking.

OT

Thanks for this I’m a longtime sufferer I’m going to ask my Dr about this medication. Is it usually covered through ins?

I agree it's possible she may have left the house at a later hour after the jog, I just have a hard time seeing how that would have played out. Every time I visualize a scenario where she returns home from the jog, then leaves a second time, I always in my mind's eye see her showering and/or changing clothes before heading back out...especially if she did homework b/t her jog and then leaving the house for a second time. She seems to have a fairly set running routine. I'm guessing that includes her post-run habits/routines. It would be instructive to know if she normally showers & changes right after she gets back from her evening runs, or does she usually just leave her running clothes on and wait until bedtime or the next morning to shower? I'm rambling, apologies.
However, I have not read anywhere that her jogging clothes have been found. Had she showered, certainly she would have put on clean clothes.

i am surprised LE has not focused more on the vandalism that happened at the hardware store around the time she went missing. that town is so small that i'm sure any type of crime reported there would be few and far between.

Maybe they have an idea what happened and a person close in mind

That's not true. Many posters have shared statistics of how FBI get involved. They can be invited for their technology resources in any case and are frequently called on almost immediately in smaller towns with minimal resources for any higher profile crime. Moo.

I was surprised at that too. And what if the single officer did not have good vision or was using an old photo of Mollie to do his comparison. I would have expected at least 2 and maybe 3 officers to compare the video to her known pictures. Relying on one person that probably did not even know Mollie to look at a possibly grainy video seems bizarre in a case of this importance.

Call in the parents and let them decide if its her or not. Good Grief.
Maybe that officer took a look at the video and said, mmm no, that’s my daughter (or someone else known to him/her). Just speculating.

I completely agree with you. I’m simply trying to fit her going on her jog, her apparently returning home, and the reason for her apparently remaining in her jogging clothes. If all of these things are true, then she might have planned on going to her mom’s house to perhaps pick up the car.

Mollie's mom said she last talked to Mollie at 7:30 pm on the night of July 18th and that she told her she was going for a run. I believe that she was last seen at 7:45pm jogging. Neighbor also said that LE told him that she made it home from that jog safely and then did homework and presumably sent a snapchat to Dalton which would make sense. Some media articles reported that she only went on a 15 minute jog that evening. I can see her cutting her jog short if she knew she had homework to turn in before she went to her mom's for dinner. So go home 7:50, homework and snapchat. Since running clothes are still missing let's assume she didn't change or shower because she wanted to get to her mother's before dark. She probably left DJ's home no earlier that 8:30 but possibly as late as 9 or 9:15 depending on how long the homework took. If she left that late then she would definitely walking to mom's house in the dusk/dark, and someone who had been stalking her could easily have taken that opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico