Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't really about MT being missing, just about getting to know her a bit. I've been reading through her social media the last couple of days.

The expression that keeps running through my head is "Still waters run deep."

I don't think she was hiding anything, but there's a deep reserve there. A very very private person.
I kept thinking mature beyond her years. I got the same feeling from DJ as well, probably why they're such a good match. It's why I wasn't surprised that while he was gone they weren't checking in with each other every second like most young people would do.

I kept thinking mature beyond her years. I got the same feeling from DJ as well, probably why they're such a good match. It's why I wasn't surprised that while he was gone they weren't checking in with each other every second like most young people would do.

Yes, that's a very good point. They seem very stable.

Yeah, I used to be really careful about locking up until an LE friend pointed out that the windows on the side of the house are behind shrubbery from the street and only a couple of feet above the ground. Somebody wants to break in, one kick will do it.

But I always lock my car, even when it's in the garage.

True, if they're determined they'll find a way in. But why make it easier for them?

Moooo

Why does law enforcement require them for hires? I know they have plenty more tests. I guess it weeds some out

When I heard Congress and Strzok talk about being 'read in' I about crapped. Polygraphs basically measure physiological parameters - GSR, HR, BP, etc. They are not accurate. A seasoned, cool sociopath can beat them every time. And a nervous innocent person will be 'positive'.

The FBI must do it because of tradition.

Maybe I've only followed the atypical cases on WS, but I'm very skeptical of this info

ETA--I'm not meaning to imply that I know more than the professionals--but just look at all the missing person cases out there--never found, or bones found six months later, or ten years later. (I know--those people were found--but she has only been missing for three weeks.)
I've got to agree with you. I don't agree with this PI. There is no way in hades that you can hide a live body easier than a dead one. JMO

It came up in the Strzok hearings. FBI agents apparently have to be 'read in'. However I stand by my statement. Many (?most) states do not admit polygraphs in court.
They are used within the dept as a tool for hiring but not in a court of law. I have LE friends they were required to take them in the hiring process. My husband is retired LE but he’s not here right now to ask

Why does law enforcement require them for hires? I know they have plenty more tests. I guess it weeds some out
It allows the investigator opportunity to leverage psychological pressure on the person being interviewed, so that a new hire starts talking about his past and they can identify people who need to be in another job, or in another work role. (Either that person needs not to be in the organization, or they need to be in a support position and not in a law enforcement position.) Psychological pressure during an interview is a great tool to help people start talking.

With tomorrow’s presser getting pushed back to Monday and whatever is going on with this WC stalking, seems like it could be a good time to close the thread for the weekend (or as long as no news breaks) to give the mods a break.

LE does not seem to need help from the public so they probably are not concerned about our interest level. I am sure that in Iowa, interest and concern will remain high indefinitely. They will address the public when they need something, have something to report, or to update folks on all the work they are doing. We do not even know if they have any items to test, much less any suspects.

Yes, and what I meant was that that would add to the number of investigations LE have to continue to follow if they have no other strong leads. Such as, there is a "troll" I think they are called, posting under at least four or five names and accounts of a relative of Mollie. Horrible, disgusting things, taunting .... this account is open to the public and remain so. I don't post openly unless it's a missing animal or something similar and I also don't allow posts - only replies and then only from friends. So my reaction is close this thread to the public!!! But it remains open, so I believe LE has to watch those types of things also. Maybe pressers keep getting delayed because more and more of this type of thing is happening.
Thanks for that update, because I am sadly avoiding the FB pages because of this. The Finding Mollie one is very clean and troll-free, at least it was last night.

They are used within the dept as a tool for hiring but not in a court of law. I have LE friends they were required to take them in the hiring process. My husband is retired LE but he’s not here right now to ask

Same with truth serum - not reliable.

However -- true story - I used truth serum (an iv barbiturate) on someone once. What did I have to lose? And believe it or not he relaxed and told his story. That was incredible. And yes he was a sex offender stalker who was planning a kidnapping.

Still, truth serum is unreliable too.

I suffer from anxiety. I don't think I'd ever pass a polygraph.

Mooo

Same but I had to take one...was super nervous as it concerned $3500 cash missing from safe at my job. I was one of a half dozen with combination, we all took it, all passed except for the culprit, who then confessed. This was in the 80’s, I was young, scared, even told the tester I had smoked weed in case it seemed like I was hiding something. So I trust them. LE still using them some 35 yrs later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes