Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In every case that I have followed here, unless there was a very speedy resolution, (and there seldom is), there always reached points when it seemed that everything that could be discussed, had been discussed, ad nauseam. We have pretty much reached that point here, at the moment, but just because we seem to have nothing to discuss, that does not mean that LE is not making progress. They may not be, but they may be making great progress. We just don't know. But even when there is nothing left to discuss, it is comforting, for me anyway, to just be here, with a group of other people who care about finding this young woman as much as I do. Most of us are here for the long haul, I believe, so let us do our best to be patient and respectful of one another until more news comes out that we can dissect, and hopefully help get Mollie home.

Well, It looks like someone blew the thread up a little bit. I am innocent. I was gone with my grandson to Junior High Orientation but, I did steal a smooch from a good looking little brunette in the Auditorium ( Mrs.22)......We got a loooong wait until Monday. Catch yall later.....MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And you won't That is why we are grateful to be part of WS.
I think the mods should keep an eye out since so many people are new on here(including myself). It is very comforting to be in a forum where that sort of thing is not going to show up suddenly. I'm hard to scare/shock, and I am still shaken by how nasty people can be.

Investigators issue polygraph test to farmer who refused test at first
Mollie Tibbetts search: Investigators issue polygraph test to farmer who refused test at first

The farmer has taken a poly. No info on results thus far.

Tibbetts Would've Fought Back If Taken from Home, Says Boyfriend's Brother
Missing Mollie Tibbetts Would've Fought Back If Taken from Home, Says Boyfriend's Brother

No sign of a struggle at home.

Planned Update Postponed
DCI Postpones Planned Update on Mollie Tibbetts Search

Update now moved to next week.

All along I've leaned toward the theory that Mollie came to harm during her run. Three witnesses saw her
running. The run was only fifteen minutes long, much shorter than MT's usual runs. I know that there was a huge ground search initially, but I cannot shake the feeling she is hidden somewhere close but out of sight. Perhaps I watch way too many crime programs but in so many missing persons cases a body is found in an area that was previously searched. It might be a cornfield, a culvert, a gully, a drain pipe. Somewhere that you couldn't see driving by in a car. If people know MT's average time to run a mile, they could figure out
approximately where she'd be 15 mins. from home. Folks could search on foot or on bikes to get a better view of those hard to access places. Anyway, this is my personal theory. I sure hope I am wrong. My heart goes out to family/friends hoping against hope.
If she was spotted at 7:30 headed east and again around 8:00 headed west, that’s at least 30 minutes. Several earlier posts have presented some calculations regarding her distance traveled, timing and how soon she would have arrived back home.

In every case that I have followed here, unless there was a very speedy resolution, (and there seldom is), there always reached points when it seemed that everything that could be discussed, had been discussed, ad nauseam. We have pretty much reached that point here, at the moment, but just because we seem to have nothing to discuss, that does not mean that LE is not making progress. They may not be, but they may be making great progress. We just don't know. But even when there is nothing left to discuss, it is comforting, for me anyway, to just be here, with a group of other people who care about finding this young woman as much as I do. Most of us are here for the long haul, I believe, so let us do our best to be patient and respectful of one another until more news comes out that we can dissect, and hopefully help get Mollie home.

Love this post
Very well stated

.... I’m confident LE and agencies have gone above and beyond working on every scenario possible....

I wholeheartedly agree. The Son of Sam case was solved because David Berkowitz got a parking citation and LE was reviewing plates of cars parked near the crime scene.

The Karina Vetrano case was solved when LE reviewed their logs to found that Chanel Lewis had received a citation for public urination in the park where KV's body was found.

A tip of my baseball cap to LE everywhere. Most of the work is monotonous and nowhere near the excitement portrayed on TV.

LE, FBI require them for new hires I believe and ICE is going to start requiring polygraphs for new hires as well. I read this a few months ago. I think because it’s 95%-98% accuracy rate correct in showing deception or not
It's not accuracy, it's because like pre-employment drug screening tests, 90% of the people who have done something that they think would make them fail skip them.

There seems to be two schools of thought here. The press conferences are canceled because they are onto something big, and they are canceled because they have nothing. It may be the snark in me, but I just don’t think they have anything at all to report. I feel like they are going down an endless rabbit hole with WC.

They keep making new names up on the FB page, I think if they were on here they'd already be causing trouble. JMO. I've haven't seen anything like what is/was posted on there over here.[/QUOT

I don't have the identity of the troll who posts under several usernames, but as I far as am aware, they are not here. I mentioned this and another scenario in regards to the mountain of leads LE have to sort thru. It was in a general response to the seeming lack of understanding of the folks who are so disgusted with LE and their efforts. I'm sorry if that caused confusion.

We have to explain, people in Iowa are not like, normal.

When we see a tornado we do not go to the basement. Nope, we follow it. We get into our SUVs or batmobiles and go out tornado chasing. I am serious.

Everyone not from Iowa says that is pretty stupid. I say it is genetic.

However it can get you into trouble. Once (and I was not chasing) a tornado came right at my car, in the general area of I-80 at Brooklyn (seriously). It was a little once, but I did not think it was going to turn out well.

This post ROCKS! I am also a fellow Iowan......I was LOL so loud reading this post.

This is about the truth too. People yell about tornados, & yell go to the basement! I am not afraid of them, I stand at the window watching them. LOL I think it is genetic too. LOL

This is an earlier video posted on Ashleigh Banfield's fb page (CNN/HLN), and is a phone interview with LC. The video was posted on July 27th.

There has been significant discussion about Mollie's jogging route. I thought LC comments in this video are of interest.

LC was asked: "In regards to her jogging, was there a particular route she would follow?"
LC responds: "It was through the community of Brooklyn, but from what I understand she changed her route." (bbm)

I've debated about posting this for almost two weeks, as LE has kept (appropriately) quiet about the timeline. Personally, I haven't decided whether LC unintentionally let this slip, or whether it is no big deal.

(note, transcription is mine, and hopefully error-free)

@KCRG
51m
Mollie Tibbetts reward fund is up to nearly $316,000. Crime Stoppers said Thursday the organization has passed on more than 830 tips to authorities investigating the disappearance of Tibbetts.

I can imagine that some might approach the tip line as if it were a lottery, sharing their theory with hopes that they guessed "right" and will win the reward. The fact that the payout is based on the safe return of MT may help keep the number of spurious tips to a somewhat manageable level. It must be a difficult thing to balance the need for helpful, lead-generating information with the reality that a large reward will also generate scores of guesses and conjecture. MOO

This post ROCKS! I am also a fellow Iowan......I was LOL so loud reading this post.

This is about the truth too. People yell about tornados, & yell go to the basement! I am not afraid of them, I stand at the window watching them. LOL I think it is genetic too. LOL

I admire anyone's moxie who gets out there and either chases one, or watches one.

As a kid, I was always the one in the southwest corner of the basement--knees knocking, eyes rolling, teeth chattering . . .

A competent polygrapher can tell you at the end of your exam how you did if he or she is permitted to do that. Most exams are very short, 4-5-6 questions. Can go longer in internal fraud cases or nat sec. He may not tell you how you did if he is examining multiple people or has been instructed not to tell you.

This troll is not on Websleuths right? You can answer when the thread opens after I have cleaned it up or blood stops spurting out of my eyes from anger. Whichever comes first
The troll is apparently the same one who was posting disgusting things about Jayne Toal Reat's daughter. The current fb accounts are linked (friends of friend) to the same account that was doing that.

I know that there’s no news and we’re beating around the bush but it’s comforting to discuss our thoughts on this case. No one else in our lives is likely thinking about it this much so we are all likeminded here.

I think she was either abducted on her jog by a stranger or abducted by someone she knows from home. It could have been someone from college saying they’re stopping through and wanting to pick her up. They have to really dig deep in her personal life and texts in order to determine if she had friends like that or was hanging out with guys, as a friend. They can recover these texts easily. I’m sure there is a ton of information from her texts and Snapchat. IF there is NOT—- then it likely points to a stranger abducting her on her jog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson