Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to reiterate, my dearly departed husband was a longhaul trucker for years. Over a million miles driven safely.
I know more than most about the entire subculture. I don't even think it's "sub" anything.
Yes there are true creeps and horrible outlaws amongst them.
But on the whole they are great people, much like the rest of us.
My husband did teach me not to get out of the truck at night when we were parked at rest areas or truck stops. I had to wake him up when I did. Strange and dangerous people lurk under parked trucks and grab unwary men and women by the ankle and pull them under.
Obviously, this isn't what happened with Mollie.
But there are true serials out there. Right now they are on the hunt.
Truckers and all travellers are very important IMO for getting the word out and also because they don't just travel the major routes. They go everywhere. (heck we brought down a power line in Oklahoma one time delivering jacuzzis to a retirement home)
None of us know where Mollie is.
Truckstops can attract the very worst type of people imaginable.
There are several unsolved cases that could in some way be linked to Mollie's IF the answer doesn't lie in Brooklyn.
Just my opinion and If You Are Reading Here and You have Info or Know where Mollie is, make that call.
It will only escalate. It just will.
Chi

Being I am a retired LE officer, I have already commented on WHY LE with holds info at pressers. So I wont continue repeating it.
I am apparently one of the minority, who understand the reasons.
IMO, LE releasing very limited public info, is a positive aspect. This investigation is obviously complex.
LE cancelled tomorrow's presser; I perceive that as they have active leads, they are following up on. Not that they its come to a standstill.

Thanks for sharing your expertise. FWIW, I think there are many posters that share your thoughts on why LE does what they do.

Well the video of her laughing and giggling at work, I wonder why he took it. That's what I'd like to know this evening.

<modsnip: snipped quote that was removed>

we have no proof that any crime has been committed

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question - along Historic 6, as Mollie might be climbing to get to 385 to turn right and go toward DJ's home there is a building that looks like a gas station BUT it is not. At least it doesn't come up when you google gas stations in the area. Is it a museum? What is it?
Just went there in the Google car and it looks like a gas station ( Standard Oil)

Lol, but you look like a cute fox. Seriously I refrain from rest stops that are desolate. Husband and I stopped at a very desolate one early this year or last year at dusk and there was only one car there. I was petrified. The driver was in the men’s room making strange sounds according to hubby. Couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

Rest stops can be dangerous.

Murder of Alexandra Zapp - Wikipedia

The murder of Ally Zapp was an infamous rest stop murder that I remember well. An off duty cop happened to be in the men’s room and could hear the last muffled screams of Ally from the women’s room. He caught the guy red handed, but it was already too late for Ally.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if the fitbit shows speed. Im just thinking if she was abducted while running can the fitbit shows data of her normal running speed and all of a sudden high speed (vehicle speed) or is it just the location data LE can get

We have learned a lot about FitBits from this case! Many posters here use them and several have talked about getting one. Much discussion about it starting back in THREAD 2: IA - IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Then the question is, if the run is only 15 mins long, how did they tell another witness that she returned home and did homework until late into the evening?
That's what was bothering me forever. Her mom also said that LE told them she was doing homework until late into the evening. I was convinced that she went missing from the house late that evening or early morning. But very gradually I changed my mind, based on new information including the mom stating her jogging shoes were gone.

I have a question - along Historic 6, as Mollie might be climbing to get to 385 to turn right and go toward DJ's home there is a building that looks like a gas station BUT it is not. At least it doesn't come up when you google gas stations in the area. Is it a museum? What is it?

Isn't it HWY 398?

There is an auto sales and a dance studio. Or is there another turn off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc